Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:08:31 AM
714520 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 410304 times)
Skull
« Reply #885 on: July 12, 2016, 04:03:00 PM »

I guess I was more oblique than I thought then, Skull. I was referring to AHD's constant posting of scatological images, as if saying because he's uninterested in these topics (and don't feel bad, AHD, my five-year-old thinks poop jokes are the height of humor, too), it's fine to be intolerant and make fun of others who might be, and in general to imply anything anyone else has to say on them is worthy of a toilet.

lol I've sense you were referring to the 'toilet spam.'  Sorry I cannot control the 'toilet spam.' I do think it's interesting when this thread is not being used and it's falls a few lines below that AHD posts a 'toilet spam' (in a sense he's bumping the thread)...

It's a sort of would-be censorship via intimidation that reminded me of the Moral Majority.

I think the most annoying censorship is when a person told Rev that he/she didn't post on the tread but wants to lock it down.

There are plenty of forums here I have zero interest in and plenty of run-on threads that don't call me to participate in them, but I'm not so anal as to sit and post s**t jokes every time I am tired of someone's views. The sensible thing is to not click on a thread if it disturbs you; the polite thing is to comment intelligently; the boring thing is to keep including Butthead-level humor most of us grew out of about the time we learned what sex felt like.

I do agree and this happens to be the most civilized 'presidential' on the internet.  Even with the toilet gif's are fun to watch.

But, hey, far be it from me to try to stop a plumbing fetishist from getting his kicks, be it correcting someone's spelling, or displaying an apparent all-possessing fondness for toilets and defecating cats.

Everybody's got a thing, after all.

Sorry but please don't let it bother you. I look past the gif's :)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #886 on: July 12, 2016, 04:19:40 PM »

what a capitulation from Sanders
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #887 on: July 12, 2016, 04:45:16 PM »

what a capitulation from Sanders
It's being called a sell-out. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #888 on: July 12, 2016, 04:50:59 PM »

Sorry but please don't let it bother you. I look past the gif's :)

No you don't.  They're fun.  You said.  You said.  And you're right.  I'm totally bumping the thread. 

ER, you make my day!  This is for you m'dear:  
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:53:44 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Skull
« Reply #889 on: July 12, 2016, 05:28:16 PM »

And you're right.  I'm totally bumping the thread. 

It's nice to be right  Cheers
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #890 on: July 12, 2016, 07:57:11 PM »

And you're right.  I'm totally bumping the thread. 

It's nice to be right  Cheers
You da man. 

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #891 on: July 13, 2016, 01:08:49 AM »

I think the most annoying censorship is when a person told Rev that he/she didn't post on the tread but wants to lock it down.

With respect, Skull I was the person who sent Rev a PM and asked if the thread could be locked. The reason for this is I detest seeing people I consider family - all of you, in other words - arguing over something as trivial as politics. We should rather be arguing over the technical merits of Manos The Hands Of Fate or the pro South African view in films like Lethal Weapon 2 or Cry Freedom.

And also another explanation: politics are trivial to me because I lived in a Communist country for six years: that is enough torture for a lifetime and I loathe censorship of any kind.

Smile

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:11:48 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Skull
« Reply #892 on: July 13, 2016, 06:10:40 AM »

With respect, Skull I was the person who sent Rev a PM and asked if the thread could be locked.

Smile

Buggedout

I do wish there was something awesome to talk about but recent movies had not been that awesome or worthy to talk about... I had not even see the New Star Wars movie... And I had not been seeing much action at my other message boards since Pokemon Go came out... (My phone sucks because it keeps crashing out of the Pokemon Go)

Actually, Skull, picking a Republican (if she could find one willing to switch sides) would not be a bad choice at all for Hillary in terms of poaching potential Trump voters. The only thing is, I don't think she should take any gambles---she's ahead solidly in the polls, no need to rock the boat.

Sorry but I don't trust the polls. I think I would trust Facebook likes more.

Hillary Clinton

https://www.facebook.com/hillaryclinton/likes

Donald J. Trump

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/likes

And if you look at the Likes Trump is gaining speed and Hillary is dropping - I wonder if the night club shooting has anything to do with it...

-------------------------------

Like I said, I NEVER TRUSTED the polls... (and I said that a dozen times on the other thread). So I wouldn't be surprised that Hillary would pull a republican out of her ass. :)

I've posted this on the VP tread a month or so ago... Lets see the likes:

Hillary
Old  = 4,050,960
Today=4,386,361
-------------------
Gain =  338,401

Trump
Old =  8,328,253
Today=9,101,937
-------------------
Gain =  773,684

I don't know what the polls are really saying because Trump has gain more then twice the number of likes than Hillary (comparing to the last time I've posted the thread) and Trump still has 2x more total likes!!!!

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #893 on: July 13, 2016, 08:00:19 AM »

With respect, Skull I was the person who sent Rev a PM and asked if the thread could be locked. The reason for this is I detest seeing people I consider family - all of you, in other words - arguing over something as trivial as politics. We should rather be arguing over the technical merits of Manos The Hands Of Fate or the pro South African view in films like Lethal Weapon 2 or Cry Freedom.

And also another explanation: politics are trivial to me because I lived in a Communist country for six years: that is enough torture for a lifetime and I loathe censorship of any kind.

Smile

In a group I belong to, which will remain nameless, a person in a position of authority and a member got involved in a name-calling scuffle over the term "all lives matter" which ended up with the member being kicked out of the group, and the rest of the group angry about it. Major drama.

I just hope that kind of thing never happens here. Talking about the issues like adults is fine, as long as it doesn't turn into personal attacks---but it ALWAYS seems to turn into personal attacks. Andrew didn't want politics on this board because he wanted to foster a certain culture.

We've survived without a major blow-up so far, but I do feel obligated to constantly step in and try to de-escalate, which is annoying to me and to everyone else. Participants want the thread so it stays open.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #894 on: July 13, 2016, 08:47:57 AM »

If only Lemmy was still alive.....

Because Lemmy would support Trump and all this silliness would be over  TongueOut

I meant Lemmy should be president if he was still alive. No way he'd support Trump cause he's very anti establishment / government / politicians. How can you not worship a guy who was in probably the best rock band ever, smoked three packs of cigarettes a day and drinks a half gallon of whiskey a day. The choice should've been obvious.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Skull
« Reply #895 on: July 13, 2016, 08:59:41 AM »

We've survived without a major blow-up so far, but I do feel obligated to constantly step in and try to de-escalate, which is annoying to me and to everyone else. Participants want the thread so it stays open.

The problem with politics - everybody thinks they are voting for the correct thing... but only one is the correct thing.

Don't worry... My rant is never directed at the people posting on this message board.

I meant Lemmy should be president if he was still alive. No way he'd support Trump cause he's very anti establishment / government / politicians. How can you not worship a guy who was in probably the best rock band ever, smoked three packs of cigarettes a day and drinks a half gallon of whiskey a day. The choice should've been obvious.

Please note that Trump has been running the anti-establishment/government/politician ticket....

Not only that Lemmy would support Trump but Lemmy would be an awesome Judge pick or maybe secretary of state :)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #896 on: July 13, 2016, 09:40:56 AM »

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #897 on: July 13, 2016, 12:32:50 PM »

Dont bring Lemmy into this s**t!
Lemmy would NOT vote for Trump!
Trumps a b***h and Lemmy's a GOD-Trump the Chump wouldn't vote for Lemmy-he would be DEAD! HAHAHAHA!
One-Lemmy's British.
2.Lemmy's into Anarchy-mebbe you mistook his quasi- Nazi uniform outfits as pro-Trump?

Small | Large

Lemmy is pro Lemmy -Rock and Roll-and he would roll Rebublicans down the street,baby! Cuz if I know anything-I KNOW MY PUNK AND METAL!  hot
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:29:41 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #898 on: July 13, 2016, 01:48:30 PM »

hell with it-this is a good place as any-the door is open,baby-
MOTORHEAD

Small | Large

I been to 2 Motorhead concerts-I can guarntee none of them crazy head bangers in the audiance would vote for rich b***h Trump!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #899 on: July 13, 2016, 01:50:33 PM »

What makes ya think a severe metalhead would vote for TrumP-and-If ya ever bother to read his political views-hes far left.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.