Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:49:47 AM
714508 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 410106 times)
Skull
« Reply #915 on: July 14, 2016, 08:17:10 PM »

Another terror attack in France... This attack was by a Truck... I wonder if we should be talking about banning trucks instead of the obvious... Or talking about banning terror born Muslims is still not political correct...

I know I pulled my Islam rant from the God thread because I was saving it for this sort of thing... I think I'll wait for the next terror attack before I start ranting about the Holy War. *I think in a week or two I'll be the mood to post it.

*Seriously, these terror attacks are starting to be too common.  Bluesad
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:47:34 PM by Skull » Logged
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #916 on: July 15, 2016, 09:43:03 AM »

The fun thing about the Muslim terrorism and crime in Europe is that the government is actually complicit in covering it up.

Cops ordered to remove word "rape" from reports:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/08/german-cops-we-were-ordered-to-remove-the-word-rape-from-migrant-criminal-report/

Teachers called racist (by government officials) for warning female students about the dangers:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/german-teachers-racist-for-warning-female-students-to-avoid-refugee-men-lest-they-be-raped.html

A woman, a German politician, did not report her OWN rape at the hands of an immigrant to avoid encouraging racism:

http://iotwreport.com/german-politician-kept-quiet-about-gang-rape-by-arabic-men-to-avoid-encouraging-racism/

How mind-f^%$ed is that...to not report her OWN rape ... her own body sacrificed on the "Social Justice" alter.

4GW coming soon to a neighborhood near you right here in the USA.  I told ya'll about a year ago we are "at war."  Some refused to believe it.  Perhaps look up Fourth Generation Warfare.  Understand THIS war will not look like a WWII movie.

Saw a wonderful quote on Teh Twitter this morning:

"It doesn't matter if you believe in 'Us vs Them.'

'Them' does."

One candidate for President is all about appeasing the enemy even possibly actively helping them.  She's certainly received plenty of financial backing from enemy nations.  She's been accused of countless crimes, including violent felonies and what is tantamount to treason.  On the latter, the FBI stated they have a case, but weaseled out of pursuing it.  No one is buying this weaseling. 

The other candidate promises to fight this enemy, this invasion.  He might have his faults, but at least he is saying he will FIGHT our ENEMIES.

At this point, anyone that votes for Hillary Clinton in November might as well swear fealty to ISIS.  Her presidency will be essentially turning the keys of the US over the Caliphate.

Doubt me?

Ask anyone in France this morning how open immigration is working out for them.  Ask the German people.  Ask the Swedes.  Ask the Brits.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.  No one is entitled to their own facts.  The simple, fundamental FACT that exists is that Western Civilization is at war.  Denying it or hiding behind platitudes will not stop this enemy.

Trump haters need to wake up and smell reality.  Our nation, our civilization, is in a fight for its very existence.  Hate Trump all you want...but at least do so facing the reality that right now, at this point in history, he is the ONLY chance for President that at least pays lip service to a future America remotely like we have known.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #917 on: July 15, 2016, 10:29:31 AM »

The war in Iraq was supposed to stop this. we were gonna fight them there so we didn't have to fight them here. they were going to be so impressed with our fortitude they would never attack the west again. so much for that

terrorism is built on SAUDI MONEY and WAHABI IDEOLOGY. North Korea isn't funding juche centers all over the world. there were no Iranian hijackers on the planes on 9/11. There's one nation exporting terrorism to the west and they are our major ally in the Arab world.

It's a self inflicted wound

edit: I know some of the terrorists like this latest one aren't particularly religious but wahabism is perverting Muslim society and the entire world to a lesser extent.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:03:31 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Skull
« Reply #918 on: July 15, 2016, 11:58:03 AM »

At this point, anyone that votes for Hillary Clinton in November might as well swear fealty to ISIS.  Her presidency will be essentially turning the keys of the US over the Caliphate.

Buggedout

The most interesting thing about a Hillary Presidency is that's she's going to put Gay's and Feminist in serious danger... Yet she want's to be the protector of those groups...

Yeah, I've remember hearing about the massive rapes in Germany so it makes sense for them to sponge all this... And England did a smart move in dropping out of the EU... :)

The war in Iraq was supposed to stop this.

That's was the thought but it failed because... (and I'll post your answer)

terrorism is built on SAUDI MONEY and WAHABI IDEOLOGY.

I would think sanctions would be a good move, but the Saudi's had spent 30 years on the global warming propaganda, therefore keeping the world's hand tied on oil dependency. There is also an issue that the terrorist do believe legitimacy of Wahabi Ideology because Saudi exist as a country (has land, collect taxes)... Well to end this would require war on Saudi soil and nobody wants to do that...

But then many after a year of WEEKLY random terror attacks people might start demanding a war in Saudi.
Skull
« Reply #919 on: July 15, 2016, 12:01:52 PM »

Looks like Mike Pence is going to be Trump's VP...  Cheers
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #920 on: July 15, 2016, 12:10:59 PM »

terrorism is built on SAUDI MONEY and WAHABI IDEOLOGY.

I would think sanctions would be a good move, but the Saudi's had spent 30 years on the global warming propaganda, therefore keeping the world's hand tied on oil dependency. There is also an issue that the terrorist do believe legitimacy of Wahabi Ideology because Saudi exist as a country (has land, collect taxes)... Well to end this would require war on Saudi soil and nobody wants to do that...

But then many after a year of WEEKLY random terror attacks people might start demanding a war in Saudi.

Probably want to.

yeah no.
ulthar

« Reply #921 on: July 15, 2016, 02:54:43 PM »

The war in Iraq was supposed to stop this. we were gonna fight them there so we didn't have to fight them here. they were going to be so impressed with our fortitude they would never attack the west again. so much for that.

Fair enough.

But, the War in Iraq was never fought with the conviction to actually win a war...I say that as a slam on the political leadership, not the Marines I personally know that have been on numerous deployments each.

As soon as CNN started showing images of flag draped coffins and interviewing grieving family members, our government (as it has done since Korea in the 1950's and elevated to an art form in Vietnam in the 1960's-1970's) lost it's will to win.

And, the draw-down didn't help.  This was exacerbated completely by the withdrawal under Obama...an action he was heavily criticized for within his own administration.  Further, the Iraqi's all but BEGGED us to stay; they KNEW they weren't ready to fight the insurgency alone when we left.

We left them cold.

I know of one Iraqi soldier that has spoken to American audiences.  His story is very telling.  They trusted us.  They put their effort behind what WE said was "right" and trusted us.  Then we left them high and dry.

And guess what?  Big surprise, even the ones that were on our side, fighting the insurgency in THEIR own country...they don't trust us anymore.  That's the kind of thing that happens to friendships when you screw your friends.

So...maybe the argument "We should not have been there in the first place" is valid.  But, if the "fight 'em over there not here" thing pushed us to go then once there we should have fought to win.

You don't win wars smiling for the camera and hoping everybody likes you.  Real life ain't that nice, simple and pretty.  And now we've let a bad mess get far, far messier...

And it's HERE.

So yeah, that particular stated 'justification' for Iraq didn't work out.  But, it was our own fault...putting "politics" ahead of actually protecting the country...oddly, as our current leadership is STILL trying to do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
ulthar

« Reply #922 on: July 15, 2016, 04:21:02 PM »

Who should be the next President?

The one that has exposed 'globalism' as the ridiculous farce it is and is talking about securing the borders.

https://store.breitbart.com/

--Real Genius
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #923 on: July 15, 2016, 05:59:49 PM »

I will give George W. Bush this much credit, Ulthar, and I think you should too:

When a war-weary nation was whining for us to get out of Iraq, he sent in an additional 40,000 troops, crushed the insurrection, and left his successor a country that was stabilized and on its way to peace.
That successor cut and ran to satisfy the anti-war left that elected him, and ISIS was the result.

And Lester, I will take exception to part of what you said.  The extremist mullahs who run Iran pull the strings on Hezbollah, one of the bloodiest terror organizations there is, and they have targeted Americans before and will do so again.  So it's not ALL Saudis or Wahabis, although I will grant you they comprise the majority of terrorist actors.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #924 on: July 15, 2016, 07:16:53 PM »

first I will say I did not know the 28 pages linking SA to 9/11 were going to be released today but wow, it certainly buttresses my point.

Ulthar- if a war effort is so fragile a newscast can upend it then it wasn't a very good idea to begin with. There were plenty of protests for the first gulf war and we won that.

I agree strongly about globalism though. globalization = cool I like learning about different things in different cultures like Banh mi sandwiches. globalism = no thanks

Indiana- when there's a major terror attack in the west do you think "Hezbollah"? My first guess is always ISIS and before that it was Al Queda.

I'm not a hezbollah fan, but they have like guys in parliament in Lebanon they aren't wired Arab kids from London who come out of a rave then fly to Syria to train in terrorism.
ulthar

« Reply #925 on: July 15, 2016, 08:29:20 PM »

I will give George W. Bush this much credit, Ulthar, and I think you should too:

When a war-weary nation was whining for us to get out of Iraq, he sent in an additional 40,000 troops, crushed the insurrection, and left his successor a country that was stabilized and on its way to peace.

Sure.  I'll grant him that.

But, I will stick to my earlier point that at no time during the war was it a full, 100% military press to win.  There was way too much energy spent on "coalition building" and giving the first rip about what the MSM here was saying.

That's been one of the Republican Party's biggest problems in the last 3 decades, by the way.  Playing the Left's game, instead of setting the rules themselves.  Look no further than the present House of Representatives (and Speaker) for evidence of that.

That successor cut and ran to satisfy the anti-war left that elected him, and ISIS was the result.

Agreed, and as I noted above, this was against the advice he was given internally...specifically by the intelligence community.

Quote from: lester1/2jr

Ulthar- if a war effort is so fragile a newscast can upend it then it wasn't a very good idea to begin with.

I had kinda hoped that you would realize I was using a sweeping metaphor for brevity.  It wasn't "a newscast" but rather a lot of negative coverage over several years.

But yeah, on the whole, I kinda agree with what you are saying...not about it being a good idea but that the war effort was fragile.

Sorry, Indy, but a strong leader seriously out to win a war would have said, "Screw ya'll...here's what we are doing.  It's going to be messy; we are going to get our nose bloody. But, it's a fight worth fighting, and the Constitution makes ME, not ya'll, Commander in Chief.  I have the approval of Congress (yes, even Senator Clinton) so stuff it.  I winnin' this thing."

Incidentally, Obama voted FOR DoD funding during the war at least three times.  One was for $67 billion in 2006 that did pass, and two "yea" votes for nearly double that in 2007 (that did not pass). Even then, though, while voting to spend the money, he was voting against bills that did not included withdrawal timetables.

You don't win wars against determined enemies playing politics.  I'm not a big fan of FDR's politics, but I think he knew what it would take to win a major war, and I think he (mostly) conducted himself like a CiC determined to win the war he had committed his nation to.

The Iraq war?  Most of the country really didn't even know we were at war, really...except for "stories."  There was no "national effort" to win it.  No real determination to get that 'bloody nose' to win it, if that's what it took.  There has been (on both sides), far, far too much worry over political fallout and "career" consequences.

Interesting side note regarding a recent Obama Administration statistic: There are now more armed federal bureaucrats (EPA, etc) than there are US Marines.  I'll leave it as an exercise to ponder the various ways that could be significant to the near-term US future.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:32:28 PM by ulthar » Logged

--Real Genius
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #926 on: July 15, 2016, 09:01:56 PM »

That successor cut and ran to satisfy the anti-war left that elected him, and ISIS was the result. ...

It wasn't President BUSH who abolished the Iraqi army??? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #927 on: July 16, 2016, 08:14:58 AM »

allhallowsday - in his quasi defense there probably would have been some different horrible problem if he hadn't. Meanwhile, all the weapons that were in the country (albeit under UN lock and key) were looted in the first months of the war, completely defeating it's alleged purpose of stopping Saddam from arming terrorists.

It would be very simple for us to tell the Saudis to f**k off but we won't because they fund our corrupt political system to such a great extent.

A defining characteristic of our age is people acting brave about saying and doing things that require no bravery whatsoever. As Reagan said there are no easy answers but there are simple answers. When people start overlooking the former in favor of the latter we will have some progress on this stuff. Until then it's just talking points, delusions, and convenient "truths".

example: the idea that the Saudi Royals themselves aren't Wahabi cultists, they just act like it to stay in power. Where is the proof of that and what does it matter when they spend billions funding the stuff around the world? It's to make western people feel better about funding their own destruction, basically.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #928 on: July 16, 2016, 01:22:44 PM »

I think I had read the Iraqi army veterans were left with no resources or benefits.  Either scenario doesn't bode well. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #929 on: July 16, 2016, 06:55:19 PM »

no they were you're right. De baathification
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.