Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:38:18 AM
714508 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 410088 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1125 on: August 04, 2016, 09:11:30 PM »

another characteristic of our age is lack of self reflection. I was thinking the other day how Muslims and gun owners are both totally incredulous and don't sense they have even so much as a PR problem. The same goes for the media. trump goes to these rallies and is like the media are totally out of touch, they have no idea whats going on then the media will respond with a haughty article by someone from the George w bush administration. I don't get the sense that the media have thought very much about what they represent in this campaign. Sometimes it seems like Trump must be paying them to play their part so well. 
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1126 on: August 04, 2016, 09:15:12 PM »

Interesting read:  "Is Hillary Clinton Corrupt? An Archive of Financial Improprieties" by Kristi Culpepper

https://medium.com/@munilass/is-hillary-clinton-corrupt-an-archive-of-financial-improprieties-5d6efc01111#.o09d5y24b

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1127 on: August 04, 2016, 09:37:16 PM »

From The Washington Post:  

The unbearable stench of Trump’s B.S.  

...Harry Frankfurt concludes that liars and truth-tellers are both acutely aware of facts and truths. They are just choosing to play on opposite sides of the same game to serve their own ends. The B.S. artist, however, has lost all connection with reality. He pays no attention to the truth. “By virtue of this,” Frankfurt writes, “bulls**t is a greater enemy of truth than lies are...”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-unbearable-stench-of-trumps-bs/2016/08/04/aa5d2798-5a6e-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-c%3Ahomepage%2Fstory  

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 11:24:53 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1128 on: August 05, 2016, 12:20:27 AM »

It's not what the media says about Trump that repulses me.
It's the arrogance, ignorance, and evil that comes out of his own mouth.
I mean - there are times that I look at the news and think: "My God, did he actually SAY that??"
I think the best thing that could happen for American would be for a giant meteor to pulverize both front runners and let us start this whole process over.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Skull
« Reply #1129 on: August 05, 2016, 05:12:18 AM »

It's not what the media says about Trump that repulses me.
I mean - there are times that I look at the news and think: "My God, did he actually SAY that??"
I think the best thing that could happen for American would be for a giant meteor to pulverize both front runners and let us start this whole process over.

Awesome so can you give me the 3 examples.

1, is arrogance...

2, is ignorance...

3, is evil..

I can believe arrogance but I would like to know the other 2... Thanks. :)
ulthar

« Reply #1130 on: August 05, 2016, 07:53:40 AM »

HP Lovecraft's thoughts on immigration:

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2016/08/the-prophecy-of-hp-lovecraft.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
ulthar

« Reply #1131 on: August 05, 2016, 08:09:24 AM »

How does "evil" come out of someone's mouth?  This is new age, SJW horse crap.  Evil is an action, a deed, not words.

And, just out of curiosity, what "evil" are you talking about?  I've not heart Trump talk about murdering people, or sending our military into 3rd World Villages to rape and slaughter the people there. 

Or, maybe what is evil is his slogan "Make America Great Again?"  Is that the evil?

Yeah, he probably did.  And guess what: the world did not come crashing to an end because one man said something YOU did not like.

In fact, none of these "evil" things he has said has hurt his candidacy at all.  In fact, his support has grown.  That would indicate that a lot of people sure don't mind these "evil" things he sometimes says.  Some may even like it.  Some may even think they NEED to be said!  How dare they...right?

The days of playing "Politically Correct" are over.  For that Trump is a hero, not a villain.  I get that you disagree with that statement...that for some reason a bunch of pontificating morons dancing around issues rather than calling things what they are is preferable.

But here's the pointed secret: That's EXACTLY what all this is about.  People that want to 'police' public conversations are no longer in control of the conversation.  And, that P's them Right On Off.

The until-now 'silent majority' in American politics is comprised of leftists and rightists that are properly VERY ANGRY at this speech and thought policing, equally angry at the lies and corruption in the MSM and very rightfully distrustful of the Federal government and the establishment parties.

Trump is an effect representing that anger.  His success right now is a push-back against a completely corrupt system.  It remains to be seen how successful this push-back will be, but the growth of his candidacy and the ineffective 'attacks' on him are indicative that the push-back is gaining momentum, not losing it.

--Real Genius
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1132 on: August 05, 2016, 08:57:07 AM »

Since you asked, Skull:

OK - Arrogance:  His constant insistence that he and he alone can solve every problem, fix every crisis, that he is the "greatest" at everything he does - even his insistence that he is "more humble than most people know."  (CLUE: Humble people don't brag about their humility.)  His constant lies ("thousands of Muslims celebrating in the streets and on the rooftops in NJ on 9/11") and his insistence that his statements are true, even when they are proved otherwise.  He is Goebbel's "big lie" personified.

Ignorance:  Well, here you have a guy who doesn't understand that Presidents don't "reign."  He has used that term repeatedly to describe the administration of his predecessors.  Kings reign, Presidents preside.  Calling the TPTP (I may have that acronym wrong) a concession to China when, in fact, it was an attempt to limit China's financial influence in the Pacific.  Virtually everything he says about American government and the Constitution is factually flawed, and betrays a true ignorance of how our system of government works.

Evil:  First of all, Ulthar, WORDS promote actions, and words that are evil promote evil deeds.  There could have been no Holocaust without Hitler's speeches in the 1920's.  To me, the moment that crystallized it all was Trump's mocking of a disabled reporter.  For a man with incredible wealth and power already, seeking to become the most powerful man on earth, to stoop to mocking someone's disability, shows a complete and utter lack of conscience or morals.  And then there is his statement that we have to "go after the families" of terrorists.  Killing women and children because of who they are related to is what is generally referred to as "evil."

As for Trump's wild, enthusiastic support among a large segment of the American population, it simply proves to me the truth of a quote attributed to Alexander Hamilton:  "Your mob, sir, is one great beast!"  Trump's success proves to me that a large percentage of our people have become  a very angry, ignorant, bigoted mob.

I have said it before:  If Donald Trump is the very best thing that the GOP has to offer America, we deserve to lose.  In fact, we deserve to be curb-stomped a la AMERICAN HISTORY X. 

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1133 on: August 05, 2016, 09:40:16 AM »

Go get 'em Indy !!!

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1134 on: August 05, 2016, 11:29:06 AM »

It's too bad that trumps platform has gotten lost in the discussion of his personality because his ideas on national defense and trade are more interesting than most candidates'. certainly than Hillary's.

Trump gets thousands and thousands of people to his rallies on the basis of them not his various outrages. 6000 people in Columbus Ohio didn't go to see him make fun of a disabled reporter. they want their jobs and country back.

52 percent of ppl in the UK voted for BREXIT to the utter and total bafflement of the other 48 percent. The same thing is happening here.
Skull
« Reply #1135 on: August 05, 2016, 11:46:04 AM »

Since you asked, Skull:

Thanks  :)

I don't think we are ever going to an agreement... but I'm please that you post this. It does give me a good idea in understanding your standing. Although, you have the right... My focus is not to change your opinion but to address this for others to see and give them a chance to judge.

OK - Arrogance:  His constant insistence that he and he alone can solve every problem, fix every crisis, that he is the "greatest" at everything he does - even his insistence that he is "more humble than most people know."  (CLUE: Humble people don't brag about their humility.)  His constant lies ("thousands of Muslims celebrating in the streets and on the rooftops in NJ on 9/11") and his insistence that his statements are true, even when they are proved otherwise.  He is Goebbel's "big lie" personified.

There was Muslims celebrating of the fall of the Twin Towers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogNdQ-CSQww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5BtQgTGOI4

I'm not sure who had proven Trump wrong? I know the media spin this for a few weeks then suddenly we got youtube videos showing that Trump was correct. (Did you fall asleep when this happen? Or did the media stop spinning and fail to correct themselves.)

Goebbels as in Joesph Goebbels (you do know calling a Trump a Nazi looses the argument because you are calling his supporters NAZIS) I'm said it many times... if Trump is a Nazi - show me proof. Don't just say it because the terrorist (who are muslims) are not like the Jews in  1930's. There is no connection. Also the Muslims in the middle east was on the side of the Nazis in the 1930's.

Ignorance:  Well, here you have a guy who doesn't understand that Presidents don't "reign."  He has used that term repeatedly to describe the administration of his predecessors.  Kings reign, Presidents preside.  Calling the TPTP (I may have that acronym wrong) a concession to China when, in fact, it was an attempt to limit China's financial influence in the Pacific.  Virtually everything he says about American government and the Constitution is factually flawed, and betrays a true ignorance of how our system of government works.

I've been hearing lots of talk about the TPP. Trump stands in the position of thinking it's bad because China has been taking advantage of the deal. Is it good or bad? (that's why debates are necessary).

As for Kings reign... Hmmm... President Bush and President Bush (and another Bush running for president)... President Clinton and President *Clinton.* Doesn't this sound like a reign?

What about Obama making laws and taking out parts of the laws [Healthcare]. Or what Obama blackmailing the schools "You must have transgender bathrooms or no federal funding" Or Obama 'amnesty' for illegal immigrant minors (you know the reason why we have trains loaded with children crossing the borders) Or what about Obama coming out and saying that "Trump is not fit to run for president" (we never had a president that done this before). I swear Obama has been playing King for almost 8 years.

Sadly because our education system sucks ass - most of the voters think a president is doing a good job because they act like kings (Obama good approval ratings) or maybe too many Americans think everything sucks because of Bush (even though He's has not been in office for almost 8 years). Though I don't know what the rhinos were smoking to think that Jeb Bush had a shot to be president; and I say that because I do know most of the Americans still think our problem is because of Bush.

Evil:  First of all, Ulthar, WORDS promote actions, and words that are evil promote evil deeds.

lol... I saw that mistake. The most vile thing I heard was Hillary and Obama saying the Benghazi attack was caused by a video and they arrested the film maker. This is beyond evil because the president and secetary of state pointed a finger and arrested somebody to cover-up their mistake. And without due process. But that's how Obama rolls. Due process most be something that he fail in class; because he was quick on calling Darren Wilson a racist police officer even though Darren Wilson was proven that he did act correctly in shooting Michael Brown. (Ok Obama didn't actually call Wilson a racist but he strongly implied those words - so yes evil can be expressed by words spoken)

There could have been no Holocaust without Hitler's speeches in the 1920's.

I don't think Hitler originally expressed the killing of the Jews in his speeches. I could be wrong but I swear one of the biggest conflict with the German's Jews was they didn't know - and most of the Germans didn't know publicly. Sure I could be wrong; and I'll be ok if you can correct me on this - this is one of those things I would enjoy reading.  

To me, the moment that crystallized it all was Trump's mocking of a disabled reporter. For a man with incredible wealth and power already, seeking to become the most powerful man on earth, to stoop to mocking someone's disability, shows a complete and utter lack of conscience or morals.

Ok that's fair. I had not see this but I heard about this incident. I don't see it being evil... Stupid, sure... Funny, sure (I guess if Trump was a comedian it won't be seen as an issue)... Obama once said he bowling score was bad that he could compete against special Olympics (I took it was a funny comment but others were offended - but I don't think what Obama said was evil either)

On the other hand, if Trump said the disable reporter should be shot - well that would be evil.

But I'll give you a half a point because it seemed that you are offended by Trump's stupid comment.

And then there is his statement that we have to "go after the families" of terrorists.  Killing women and children because of who they are related to is what is generally referred to as "evil."

Please note that the media had made it look like Trump is going to have soldiers running into the Terrorist homes and shooting up innocent 5 year-old and new born babies...  Buggedout

It shows that you have little understanding the Islamic Terrorist. Most and I'm willing to say 99% of the terrorist are all family members. It's hard to believe but this hatred is raised from generation to generation to generation. Brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers... (as I said if the FBI treated the terrorist like the Manson Family - the terror attacks will end in a year)

For example, 2016 Orlando nightclub shooting, Omar Mateen [oddly it was reported that he did cheer in the 911 twin tower attack] his father happens to have a questionable history (I've posted this on this thread).

As for Trump's wild, enthusiastic support among a large segment of the American population, it simply proves to me the truth of a quote attributed to Alexander Hamilton:  "Your mob, sir, is one great beast!"  Trump's success proves to me that a large percentage of our people have become  a very angry, ignorant, bigoted mob.I have said it before:  If Donald Trump is the very best thing that the GOP has to offer America, we deserve to lose.  In fact, we deserve to be curb-stomped a la AMERICAN HISTORY X.  

Well the mob is angry because the republicans created this mob. If the republicans did what they promised in 2014 we wouldn't be voting for Trump to be the wrecking ball.

Also I do feel a little offended that you calling the mob bigoted... I'm no bigot.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:55:41 AM by Skull » Logged
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1136 on: August 05, 2016, 09:09:21 PM »

Let me put it this way:  in my very wide social media circle, the more racist and bigoted a person is, the stronger a Trump supporter they are. 
I do disagree with probably at least 80% of what Obama has done.  But this isn't about Obama, it's about Trump.  I simply don't see him as any improvement.

At any rate, we may never agree on this.  But I think you and all the other Trump supporters are going to be sad little puppies on election day when you see how many Americans truly HATE this cancer you have inflicted on us.

A shame, too.  Hillary is a very weak, beatable candidate.  But I predict she will crush Trump.

Skull
« Reply #1137 on: August 06, 2016, 05:26:47 AM »

Let me put it this way:  in my very wide social media circle, the more racist and bigoted a person is, the stronger a Trump supporter they are.

All I know is that most anti-Trump areas are hard to talk because they cannot get the words Nazi/bigot out of the conversation. And because of that most Trump supporters don't waste there time online talking or debating the political issues..

I do disagree with probably at least 80% of what Obama has done.  

I think I'm more shock to know that you agree with 20% of Obama. I'm not sure what the 20% is but this frightens me because I saw nothing that he done that I can agree.

But this isn't about Obama, it's about Trump.  

It is because Hillary cannot run against Obama. And Obama is pushing Hillary for Obama part 2.

I simply don't see him as any improvement.

Well if you agree with 20% of Obama then I guess you'll never...

At any rate, we may never agree on this.  

That's true but my aim was never to make you agree with me. My aim is for those other readers that support Trump. Sorry, but I know they are silent because they don't want to be called a Nazi/Bigot. And I'm pointing out that calling Trump a Nazi/Bigot without real proof that he's is such - well you don't have any tangible message other then to silent free speech.

But I think you and all the other Trump supporters are going to be sad little puppies on election day when you see how many Americans truly HATE this cancer you have inflicted on us.

Yeah, there was no guarantee that Reagan was going to be a good president. But since I do know that you agree with 20% of Obama that I can understand what you mean by cancer. Like I said before, the American people that stood up in 2010 and 2014 to vote the republicans into office - demanded them to be the opposition of Obama (because they disagree 100% on Obama changes) and all they saw was compromise. The republican created Trump.  

A shame, too.  Hillary is a very weak, beatable candidate.  But I predict she will crush Trump.

The only prediction I have and fear is that Trump wins 60% of the popular vote and the Electoral College elects Hillary as president. Then we are going to witness the birth of a Second Civil War.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 07:33:52 AM by Skull » Logged
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1138 on: August 06, 2016, 08:39:51 AM »

Trump will be lucky to win 40% of the popular vote. You are blind to how many of us hate and fear him.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1139 on: August 06, 2016, 11:08:50 AM »

My local paper today had something that made me laugh. Robin Vos a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly. He basically said that because Trump didn't endorse Paul Ryan in the local Republican primary that's too damn far for him.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.