Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:29:21 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 410329 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1155 on: August 08, 2016, 09:06:24 AM »

Really?  Does that mean Ulthar thinks I'm a Social Justice Warrior

Not necessarily.  It means I can plainly see that you "argue" like one.  You have trouble distinguishing between facts and appeals to emotion, and if you don't like the "tone" of a discussion, you try to shame.

For example, rather than address the points I have made, you have called me annoying, said my posts were too long, referred to factual statements as "insults," and "white knighted" for Indy when you though I was insulting HIM.

All of the above fit a pattern.

And, now this rhetorical gem:

he's a bit embarrassed I guess.  

Seriously, what does THAT even mean?  Another tick on the pattern...trying to speak for others and PROJECTING how they feel based on your own feeling.

I'm embarrassed.

Too funny.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
ulthar

« Reply #1156 on: August 08, 2016, 09:07:21 AM »

I nice little side-by-side policy comparison of the two major party candidates and commentary:

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/06/kudlow-donald-trump-is-the-middle-class-growth-candidate.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
Skull
« Reply #1157 on: August 08, 2016, 09:30:50 AM »

There were a few people celebrating, particularly Palestinians. There are also people who say that Hitler did nothing wrong, and that the Holocaust wasn't real. There are bad people in the world, we shouldn't condemn a population of people when a smaller proportion is the cause to be angry at.

The argument was that Trump was wrong on saying that muslims celebrated the 911 attack and I've posted video evidence that said muslims celebrated the 911 attack.

Yes there is bad people in the world. But this form of Islam that was made and pushed since the 1960's, or even sooner (If you investigate this you'll find out that the Muslims in Saudi Arabia are the one's behind all the terror trouble). The Muslim population we are talking about is those that agree with this form of Islam and there are millions and millions of people.

The second part of Nazis though, I do hope you are sincere about that and aren't serious about what you said way back in the thread about Obama having death trains and is like Hitler.

I'm not Bulls**tting about this. There are children starving, raped and murdered on the trains to America. The train trips are 30 days long and Mexico don't allow anybody to exit the trains while it crosses over their country. The only person responsible for this is Obama because he gave the children Amnesty. This issue can be fixed by removing the Amnesty for Children. I believe I've posted links to support this argument. I also believe I'm coming off nicely because the children are not quarantined and they are sent to populated areas - on purpose  - and the CDC has reported an increase of illness/deceases that was assumed to be almost non-existent in America.  

Thanks...

I do believe he was referring to the people who are in the extreme side who are racists and bigots.

I'm part of the angry mob because I believe it's time to stop the bulls**t. And most of Trump supporters also believe the same time. We are called Racist/Bigots because we don't believe a country could exist with no border.

I'm not sure about "It shows that you have little understanding the Islamic Terrorist." is a valid argument, when you follow it up with " It's hard to believe but this hatred is raised from generation to generation to generation." is your supporting argument, because that means that the children are born evil, raised evil, live evil.

Sorry I'm trying to cliff note everything. 99% of the stuff mentioned is what I've said before.

We are not talking about one family we are talking about communities. There are schools in the middle east that are named after dead terrorist. The children become evil (as we see it) because they are brainwashed into it from baby on. They don't see themselves being evil. This is the disconnect between us and them. What they are doing is correct for Islam. But we laugh it off because "Oh stupid boy killing himself and killing 10 people so he can have 72 virgins" But the disconnect is that the boy is doing what is correct for Islam.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 09:57:36 AM by Skull » Logged
ulthar

« Reply #1158 on: August 08, 2016, 09:36:14 AM »

If i see SJW or cuckservative i tend to tune out. it seems like a lot of right wing guys like talking to each other rather than trying to engage others

I can see why it seems like that, but alt-right is a rapidly growing movement (I think replacing the Tea Party), and interestingly, it consists of a healthy dose of people from the left.  There are some hard core "thinkers" in that movement and it sure is NOT simply an 'echo chamber.'

The references I have made to SJW style argument and the term Cuskservative refer to the writings of Vox Day.  I don't know, his Amazon sales show him to be in pretty good company these days:

And, notice how the use of the term SJW in this thread has 'taken over' the conversation.  Who is talking about Clinton vs Trump in the election here vice hand ringing over a pop culture term used to describe a type a discourse.

The deflections, oh the deflections....

--Real Genius
ulthar

« Reply #1159 on: August 08, 2016, 10:34:54 AM »

Some interesting commentary on the polls:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/secret-vote-for-trump-seen-by-gop-and-dem-pollsters/article/2598805

Vox Day recently wrote a blog post where he summarized his mathematical analysis (based on his background and training in economics) of State poll data forecast efficacy.  (for those playing along at home, this analysis is statistically fact based, not just Day's "opinion" about not liking polls).

His conclusion was that the State polls are meaningless (in terms of forecast reliability) until AT LEAST mid-late September for some states and as late as mid-October for others.  As a point of clarity, he reiterates this conclusion (and it's mathematical basis) even when such polls favor Trump.

--Real Genius
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1160 on: August 08, 2016, 10:38:39 AM »

Yeh?  You don't think that that is what YOU are doing? 
Nice Tu quoque fallacy.  I'll give you props for never disappointing.   Cheers
Who have I tried to silence or shame?  Man, you need to get your facts straight.  I WELCOME the discussion.  I ain't the one policing HOW people say what they need to say.

Really?  Does that mean Ulthar thinks I'm a Social Justice Warrior
Not necessarily.  It means I can plainly see that you "argue" like one.  You have trouble distinguishing between facts and appeals to emotion, and if you don't like the "tone" of a discussion, you try to shame.
For example, rather than address the points I have made, you have called me annoying, said my posts were too long, referred to factual statements as "insults," and "white knighted" for Indy when you though I was insulting HIM.
All of the above fit a pattern.
And, now this rhetorical gem:
he's a bit embarrassed I guess.   
Seriously, what does THAT even mean?  Another tick on the pattern...trying to speak for others and PROJECTING how they feel based on your own feeling.
I'm embarrassed.
Too funny.
You are sad; instead of defusing, you perpetuate.  You accuse me of using words differently than used, or not used at all.  Who would want to debate with such a pompous self-righteous wind-bag?  You no longer are President of your High School Debate club.  I'm still your friend, even if you're not mine.   Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Skull
« Reply #1161 on: August 08, 2016, 11:30:17 AM »

Enough of the bulls**t and THANK YOU FBI...

This week, Iranian spy on behalf of the west Shahram Amiri was hanged by the government in Tehran. The Iranian judiciary spokesman Mholamhosein Mohseni Ejehi explained, “This person who had access to our country’s secret and classified information had been linked to our hostile and No. 1 enemy, America, the Great Satan.”

Amiri, who worked on the Iranian nuclear program defected to the West in 2009, came back to Iran in 2010 and was treated as a CIA kidnap victim, and then was tried and executed. His name appeared in Hillary Clinton’s unsecured emails.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8177/did-hillary-clintons-email-server-get-iranian-spy-ben-shapiro

I'm tired of talking about Trump - lets talk about Hillary! Please tell my why she's fit.
Jim H

« Reply #1162 on: August 08, 2016, 11:38:11 AM »

"The argument was that Trump was wrong on saying that muslims celebrated the 911 attack and I've posted video evidence that said muslims celebrated the 911 attack."

You're simplifying it a bit. He actually said he saw thousands and thousands celebrating 9/11 in New Jersey on that day and that it was covered on television.  That's the part that, as best as I can tell, isn't true. I'm of the opinion he mentally conflated videos of muslims abroad celebrating (I remember those from the day) and local coverage of the attacks, then simply refused to backtrack on it.  
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1163 on: August 08, 2016, 12:10:13 PM »

You got it, Jim H

Ex-CIA officer launches presidential campaign aimed at thwarting Donald Trump

http://www.yahoo.com/news/evan-mcmullin-independent-presidential-campaign-000000187.html

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Skull
« Reply #1164 on: August 08, 2016, 01:11:46 PM »

"The argument was that Trump was wrong on saying that muslims celebrated the 911 attack and I've posted video evidence that said muslims celebrated the 911 attack."

You're simplifying it a bit. He actually said he saw thousands and thousands celebrating 9/11 in New Jersey on that day and that it was covered on television.  That's the part that, as best as I can tell, isn't true. I'm of the opinion he mentally conflated videos of muslims abroad celebrating (I remember those from the day) and local coverage of the attacks, then simply refused to backtrack on it.  

Maybe Trump mentally crafted the Orlando shooter. Because it was noted that Omar Mateen did celebrated the 9/11 attack.   Buggedout

Anyway... it's like roaches. You see one and you know there is 100 hiding in the walls. I'm not stupid, I know there was MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD THAT CELEBRATED THE FALL OF THE TWIN TOWERS ON 9/11. This is unarguable. Don't believe me please take a walk in the middle east and act like you love America and tell me how far you'll go... The problem (and the issue is) we are bringing in those Muslims that hate America to America without checking their background.

Should we start talking about Trump hating babies? Or can we talk about something important like:  Hillary secret server that got a CIA spy murdered.

ulthar

« Reply #1165 on: August 08, 2016, 01:45:37 PM »

Lester, thought of you when I saw this and thought you'd appreciate it.  Comes from Lee Stranahan:

GLOBALIST TO DO LIST

1 start unnecessary war
2 profit
3 use tax money to build factory
4 profit
5 hire war refugees as cheap labor
6 profit

Anti-globalists in the alt-right movement are pushing back against this mindset in both D and R parties.  That's a good source of Trump's support...the anti-globalist crowd, not ignorant bigots.

--Real Genius
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1166 on: August 08, 2016, 02:48:26 PM »

Maybe Trump mentally crafted the Orlando shooter. Because it was noted that Omar Mateen did celebrated the 9/11 attack.   Buggedout

Anyway... it's like roaches. You see one and you know there is 100 hiding in the walls. I'm not stupid, I know there was MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD THAT CELEBRATED THE FALL OF THE TWIN TOWERS ON 9/11. This is unarguable. Don't believe me please take a walk in the middle east and act like you love America and tell me how far you'll go... The problem (and the issue is) we are bringing in those Muslims that hate America to America without checking their background.

Should we start talking about Trump hating babies? Or can we talk about something important like:  Hillary secret server that got a CIA spy murdered.

Gotta say, do you mean places like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Palenstine where the US isn't that welcome or do you places like Indonesia, Bangladesh?
Also, got a source on that train thing? I'd love to see it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 03:01:53 PM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
Skull
« Reply #1167 on: August 08, 2016, 04:01:18 PM »

Gotta say, do you mean places like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Palenstine where the US isn't that welcome or do you places like Indonesia, Bangladesh?
Also, got a source on that train thing? I'd love to see it.
[/quote

There are problems in Bangladesh

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/09/deep-political-tensions-underline-bangladesh-violence.html

and problems in Indonesia

http://www.indonesia-investments.com/business/risks/radical-islam/item245

Death Trains and the troubles with the illegal immigration...

http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/mexicans-blame-americans-for-death-train/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/homero-aridjis/migrants-train-of-death-america-_b_5568288.html

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/34811-us-refugee-crisis-raises-grave-human-rights-concerns

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/Refugee-Children-Ride-The-Death-Train-to-Come-to-the-US-282176031.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2712187/EXCLUSIVE-A-lot-people-die-blood-Obamas-hands-Shocking-images-corpses-illegal-immigrants-left-die-border-crossings.html

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1168 on: August 08, 2016, 06:38:40 PM »

Ullthar - I remember a while back they were pushing the DREAM act. it was like ...do we really need more illegal immigration and more war?  I just, myself, don't feel there is a shortage of either of those things to the extent that it should be actively encouraged / subsidized.

as for SJW's and so forth those (most) of us who lived through political correctness in the 90's know that in the end it will essentially be something that solidifies conservatism rather than helping or expanding liberalism. At the same time, our country faces much bigger and more serious challenges than confused college kids

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1169 on: August 08, 2016, 07:07:21 PM »

SKULL - Trump said, and said repeatedly, and refused to back down, that "thousands of Muslims" were celebrating on 9/11 "on the rooftops in New Jersey."  THAT WAS A LIE.  IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

Yes, Muslims celebrated in the streets in foreign countries, most notably on the  Gaza Strip and the West Bank.
But that's not New Jersey.  Trump lied, and rather than admit he was mistaken on the location, he repeated the lie again and again.
This man is incapable of committing error - a classic symptom of narcissistic personality disorder.

The bottom line is this:  I do not like Donald Trump because he is an a$$hole.
And I do not trust him because he is a liar, on this and many other issues.
And his speeches show a consistent failure to understand a wide range of topics.

All those who voted for Trump in the primaries will share the responsibility of making Hillary Clinton president this November.
A damn shame, really, we had multiple candidates who could have beaten her easily.
But voters were too angry to vote for someone respectable.  They wanted someone who would be just as mean and nasty as they were feeling, and that's who they nominated.

But mean, nasty people don't win.

Trump is going to get stomped in November, and the GOP may never recover from the shame of nominating such a vile man.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.