Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:31:18 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 410386 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1215 on: August 15, 2016, 10:59:06 PM »

I said this from the moment Trump entered the race:  He is not emotionally, mentally, or politically qualified to be President.  I've never wavered.  You can cover that turd with honey and chocolate and sprinkle it with crack cocaine, and I'm still not swallowing it.

And I will be able to look myself in the mirror the day after the election and say that I did not sell my political soul to the devil because I was afraid of a woman.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Skull
« Reply #1216 on: August 16, 2016, 05:46:10 AM »

Sorry but you are still trying to force Indy to vote for someone he doesn't like. No matter how much you justify it, it comes off that you are being a jerk to him.

lol No I'm not forcing Indy to vote for anybody. If he believes he's a republican than he has only one way to vote. If he agrees with Hillary he has only one way to vote.

But I want him to know that acting like I'm not voting or voting for a 3rd party won't change the fact and it's his action does count for something. And this is true for anybody wanting to vote for President this year. There is only two choices - Trump or Hillary.

Sorry but what comes off as a jerk to me is when people act like their vote is so holy that they decided NOT to vote at all or purposely vote for somebody that has possibility in wining anything. Meanwhile we are stuck with 4 years of crap, because the democrats in power don't do anything that works. Listen to Hillary's message. If she can do half the stuff she's saying - wouldn't Obama be doing it now?

And I will be able to look myself in the mirror the day after the election and say that I did not sell my political soul to the devil because I was afraid of a woman.

Yeah, this is the reason why we have a second term Obama its because people like YOU. All you care about is this myth, political soul. It's a myth that was created by the democrats and republicans so incumbents stay in power.

I got it that you don't like Trump. Sorry. But it's not going to change the political game that was created by the Republicans and the Democrats since after the Civil War. As a History Teacher I'm shocked that you failed on this part. You should be telling us why the 3rd party system don't work. And the reason why Hillary has the advantage - SANTA.

I really, really believe the American political system should be learned at a younger age, so people will understand how the system works. Who gets hurt every time a democrat acts like Santa. Why the 3rd party system is a joke. Why super delegates were created.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 06:24:13 AM by Skull » Logged
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1217 on: August 16, 2016, 07:52:17 AM »

You know what?  I voted for Romney four years ago, and I was proud to do so.  He was a decent man, a good father, a good husband, and a person of strong character, and I encouraged others to get out and vote for him.
I voted for McCain even though I had questions about his character; even though I KNEW he was going to lose, because I could find things to admire about him.

But this s*** I will not eat.  Again, you want to know who to blame for the coming Presidency of Hillary Clinton?
All those who supported this vile man and tried to tell us that he was preferable.

If I'm no Republican, then neither are either of the Presidents Bush, because they're not supporting him either. 
I'm sorry my principles offend you.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Skull
« Reply #1218 on: August 16, 2016, 08:22:39 AM »

But this s*** I will not eat.  Again, you want to know who to blame for the coming Presidency of Hillary Clinton?
All those who supported this vile man and tried to tell us that he was preferable.

If Trump looses by a small number it's because of people like you.

If I'm no Republican, then neither are either of the Presidents Bush, because they're not supporting him either.

I take it that you don't understand why it's important for the rhino's not to support Trump.

I'm sorry my principles offend you.

What offends me is this:

Skull - a no vote for Trump is just that.  It's not a vote FOR Hillary unless I choose to vote for Hillary, which I won't.
Let's be perfectly honest.  I'm from Texas.  There are more than enough angry white rednecks here that Trump will carry my state no problem, with or without my vote.  I want to be able to look myself in the mirror after Election day, and I can't if I vote for a godless, nasty man like Trump or a baby-killing liberal like Hillary.  So I'm passing on both!!!

I've actually sat back for a few days; this was the most offensive thing you had wrote because you called me an a***ole!

So I want you to look at that mirror and see the truth.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 08:26:30 AM by Skull » Logged
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1219 on: August 16, 2016, 09:33:49 AM »

Sorry but you are still trying to force Indy to vote for someone he doesn't like. No matter how much you justify it, it comes off that you are being a jerk to him.

lol No I'm not forcing Indy to vote for anybody. If he believes he's a republican than he has only one way to vote. If he agrees with Hillary he has only one way to vote.

But I want him to know that acting like I'm not voting or voting for a 3rd party won't change the fact and it's his action does count for something. And this is true for anybody wanting to vote for President this year. There is only two choices - Trump or Hillary.

Sorry but what comes off as a jerk to me is when people act like their vote is so holy that they decided NOT to vote at all or purposely vote for somebody that has possibility in wining anything. Meanwhile we are stuck with 4 years of crap, because the democrats in power don't do anything that works. Listen to Hillary's message. If she can do half the stuff she's saying - wouldn't Obama be doing it now?

What comes off as jerk to me is trying to scare someone into voting for someone that the person in question doesn't like. Almost as if you are forcing your agenda onto them.
Indy & RC if you guys were happy with these 8 years - vote for Hillary (This isn't rocket science).

If you want open borders vote for Hillary. If you want gun control vote for Hillary. If you like what Obama is doing... vote for Hillary.

If you don't want any of that - vote for Trump.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 09:38:40 AM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1220 on: August 16, 2016, 10:31:44 AM »

I voted for Romney four years ago, and I was proud to do so.  He was a decent man, a good father, a good husband, and a person of strong character,

they're all POLITICIANS! this is why we are supposed to vote based on their policies and how they affect US not their phony IMAGE

ask them how they felt about the sanctions that killed half a million iraqi children to death and you'll see who they really are. it worked on madeline Albright
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 10:35:11 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Skull
« Reply #1221 on: August 16, 2016, 10:55:39 AM »

What comes off as jerk to me is trying to scare someone into voting for someone that the person in question doesn't like. Almost as if you are forcing your agenda onto them.

I'm being honest and yes it's scary. Scary as hell. I bet you assumed that the Green party was on all the ballots (as if they had a shot to the presidency). The Green party is only on 23 states, not even half. Their goal is to get 30%. Sorry but the last I've check there is no second place in the presidency.

This 2 party system was created way-way back at the end of the Civil War. The intent was to make it difficult for a 3rd party.

Now if our judges were not an aging mess, if we are not looking at the Healthcare law lasting another 4 years, if we weren't be threaten by ISIS (almost every week), if we didn't have high unemployment, massive illegal immigration - if we didn't have 8 years of Obama... maybe we could risk a 4 year Hillary.

I've been called a redneck, a racist, a Nazi and an Idiot - because I support Trump on this tread. What offends me most is how Indy thinks that him not voting makes him a greater American than me. How his feeling won't change because Hillary is elected and nominates more leftist judges in the system. Because he didn't vote for her (yet he didn't vote for Trump either)... 5 Million republicans that voted for McCain didn't vote for Romney because they thought Romney was too much like a Democrat.

The only thing Indy has to b***h about Trump is that he thinks Trump is an a***ole... meanwhile we have evidence from the FBI that Hillary lied about her secret server. Her use of the secret server has put America in danger. She should be in Jail. In my eyes Hillary is the worst and should never become President. I don't see how Trump can equal this.

Now if Indy decides not to vote or vote for 3rd party - I want him to understand he is equally responsible for the mess we are in. Sorry if that scares you but that is the fact. Those 5 million Americans are responsible for a reelected Obama.

Skull
« Reply #1222 on: August 16, 2016, 11:52:29 AM »

I'm done talking about Trump and Indy. I think I've repeated myself more than enough.

What ever Indy does - he owns it.

I would like to talk about Hillary. I would love to talk about how her secret server killed a CIA agent. I would love to talk to a Hillary supporter, if there is any :)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1223 on: August 16, 2016, 01:20:15 PM »

People have their own reasons why they would vote for Clinton, but here's my 3 reasons:
1) She's a woman and she would be the first US female president
2) She's a Clinton, and a Clinton was a previous president, so there's name recognition
3) it's either her or Trump, and She doesn't come off as an angry person.

yeah no.
Skull
« Reply #1224 on: August 16, 2016, 04:50:42 PM »

People have their own reasons why they would vote for Clinton, but here's my 3 reasons:
1) She's a woman and she would be the first US female president

a, Because women in American needs a role model. Hmmm, Charles Manson never made a better role model. Sorry, but I fear to tell my daughter to look up to Hillary because I know (from my gut) that she was selling top secret documents to other countries or as Hillary explained - she was too stupid to understand the importance of classified materials.

b, Because electing a woman will do a better job than a man. Maybe we should have an all female fire department (I'm serious).

c, Because woman demand equal rights - does this mean that we should allow women in the draft? (I won't be surprise that Hillary will push that.) You would think we make women cover their faces, don't allow them to drive a car and if she is raped - well she deserve it because she wasn't home (oh that's the Middle East)...

d, Because we never had a First Gentlemen inside the white house. This time Bill Clinton can chase the skirts and he won't be confined in the oval office.

e, Because the irony that Hillary will be seated behind the desk that Bill sat while he was leaning new tricks with a cigar.

f,  Because those voting against this idea is - sexist.

2) She's a Clinton, and a Clinton was a previous president, so there's name recognition

I'm sorry what did Bill Clinton that was good? Besides the American people learning about DNA.

3) it's either her or Trump, and She doesn't come off as an angry person.

I see Hillary a little angrier because she was supposed to be president in 2008.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1225 on: August 16, 2016, 07:21:59 PM »

Ulthar, Skull, let me say this - I like you both.  I never intended to insult either of you or question your character.  Your political judgment maybe, but your character, NEVER
Skull - I didn't call you an a$$hole, not once.  I did say that Texas was full of angry white rednecks who like Trump.  Believe me, it is! That's not a character judgment on you, or on them, necessarily, and it certainly wasn't meant to insult you.

Now, as for the whole "Rhino" thing - first of all, a Rhino is an animal.  A RINO is a (supposedly) Republican In Name Only, once directed at ultraliberal northern Republicans like Susan Collins of Maine, now it has become the favorite label for angry people to hang around the necks of ANYONE who isn't willing to instantly shut down the government if Republicans don't get their way on ANY legislative issue. Frankly, I find that most of the people having that label thrown at them are pragmatic conservatives who know that our system of government is based on compromise and are willing to take small victories, one at a time, and incrementally push a conservative agenda rather than take flashy, dramatic stands and then lose.  So if Paul Ryan and the former Presidents Bush and other such leaders are RINO's, then I will wear that name as a badge of honor.

Last of all, for you, Lester - Saddam could have gotten rid of those sanctions ANY TIME HE WANTED.  All he had to do was abide by the results of a cease-fire that HE HAD SIGNED.  The deaths of those Iraqi children lay at his doorstep, not America's.

Finally - yes, Hillary Clinton sucks too.  She may not be the anti-Christ that some Tea Party types paint her to be, but she's a sorry excuse for a leader and is really a very poor candidate.  IF our party had nominated someone like Marco Rubio instead of the Orange Turd, WE would be the ones with double digit leads right now and the Democrats would be the ones in panic mode!

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1226 on: August 16, 2016, 08:27:08 PM »

Saddam could have gotten rid of those sanctions ANY TIME HE WANTED.  All he had to do was abide by the results of a cease-fire that HE HAD SIGNED.  The deaths of those Iraqi children lay at his doorstep, not America's.

I'm sure Jesus would have agreed that half a million dead children is okay because of politics. like I said... you'll see who they really are

ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1227 on: August 16, 2016, 08:43:18 PM »

Ulthar, Skull, let me say this - I like you both.

Irrelevant.  Liking someone has nothing to do with truth.

Similar concept: Liking a candidate has nothing to do with that candidate having the better policy ideas of two candidates one of which WILL be the next President.

I did say that Texas was full of angry white rednecks who like Trump.  Believe me, it is! That's not a character judgment on you, or on them, necessarily, and it certainly wasn't meant to insult you.

Backpedaling horse puckey.

You have numerous times stated that "Trump supporters are ignorant racists" and similar comments.  Now that someone here has called you on it directly by saying he did not appreciate being called disparaging terms, you are trying to change the tune.

You may not have said, "Skull, you are an a-hole."  True.  But, the implication has been very clear in regard to what you think of Trump supporters.  If you really think Trump supporters are ignorant racists or a-holes, own it.  If you are not willing to stand by your comments, then maybe you shouldn't make them.

Now, as for the whole "Rhino" thing - first of all, a Rhino is an animal.  A RINO is a (supposedly) Republican In Name Only,

Being pedantic on the Internet won't win arguments.

now it has become the favorite label ...

The newer alt-right term "Cuckservative" is much more appropriate.  RINO implies there's merit in the Republican party to aspire to.

The "Conservative Movement" in the US is a massive failure.

Some light reading:

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2016/08/the-conservative-void.html

Finally - yes, Hillary Clinton sucks too. 

She sucks far worse, and I've seen you admit as much.  So, get out and vote.

It's really too bad we've allowed the MSM make elections more about personality than policy and platform.  Earlier in the thread, I posted a graphical side-by-side comparison of the two candidates.  If you did not know anything about the personalities of the two and JUST decided based on stated policy positions, which would you choose?

WE would be the ones with double digit leads right now and the Democrats would be the ones in panic mode!

Wow, I sure wish MY crystal ball worked so well as to be able to say with certainty what WOULD be happening in another reality!  Alas, my observational skills are limited to THIS reality, and here's what I observe:

(1) No one is panicked on this topic except the above mentioned Cuckservatives.  The alt-right, Trump supporting crowd is pretty confident at this point based on a NUMBER of factors.

Also, the 'panic' is largely manufactured by the (Clinton supporting) press anyway.  That's the same press that does stuff like this:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2016/08/15/cnn-selectively-edits-police-shooting-victims-sisters-words#.V7I0PrRnnr4.twitter

Another good example: photos of Hillary appearances with 100-200 people being reported as "3000" while completely ignoring 6000 attending a Trump rally.  

In summary, if you are getting your information, such as this so-called "panic," from MSM sources, you are being duped.

(2) Mathematical analysis of poll data shows that polls taken this time of year have ZERO EFFICACY for forecasting election outcomes.

This is true whether Trump is leading those polls or Hillary is leading those polls.  The polls mean precisely sh1t, except to the Cuck pundits and Progressive MSM that are so far in the tank for Hillary they don't even try to hide it anymore.

(3) The only real panic that is happening right now is in the MSM.  Due to new media and citizen journalists, the MSM has lost control of the narratives and manipulation of the election.  They are pushing these "Trump is panicked" bits to try to create a narrative they can control, but it ain't working much.

Well, they are panicking over loss of ability to manipulate the campaign season AND loss of profits/viewers.  There are Twitter accounts that get more eyeballs each day than the NYT or CNN broadcasts.

(4) Rubio lost.  He's not running for President.  He did not even come in Second Place.   Good grief.  He could not even muster serious support within in his own party's primary.  What makes you think he'd be a stronger candidate than the guy that DID muster that support? Your conclusion makes no mathematical sense whatsoever.

Seriously, never in my life have I witnessed so much whining about the candidates that did not win the nomination as this year.

The election is Clinton vs Trump.  Yeah, there's Johnson and Stein and maybe a couple of other nobodies in the race, but they won't win.  Clinton or Trump will be President baring something REALLY weird (like a nominee change).

(5) The Republican Party leadership had their chance(s) to fight Trump's nomination.  Don't you ever ask yourself why they did not pull one of the fast ones the MSM predicted they WOULD do?  There's probably some pretty informative conclusions to be drawn from that FACT.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1228 on: August 16, 2016, 10:10:37 PM »

Ulthar, Skull, let me say this - I like you both.
Irrelevant.  Liking someone has nothing to do with truth...

The truth is he likes you.  Some of us consider other members friends whom we may not agree with.  In our subjective realities the truth may be that our personal lives are more important than presidents or kings or king makers. 

Being pedantic on the Internet won't win arguments.

That's the pot calling the kettle black.  Take your own advice. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1229 on: August 16, 2016, 10:45:29 PM »

I never said ALL Trump supporters were ignorant racists.  But a great many of them, at least here in Texas, seem to be.

As for the rest - November will tell the tale.
And I think it will be a very sad tale for Trump's supporters.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.