Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:20:54 AM
714506 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 410068 times)
Skull
« Reply #1230 on: August 17, 2016, 06:20:48 AM »

Indy I'm done with this issue. You know the facts that there are only 2 choices. Whatever choice you make you own it. Don't vote then you get what you deserve. Vote for a 3rd party that has no way in winning - you get what you deserve. Not voting and hiding in the closet is not helping to change a damn thing.

Sorry but all you been doing is b***hing about Trump but all I got from you is that Trump is an a***ole. Big whip, so he's an a***ole. After what happen with Bush and the media - it's expected that we are going to get an a***ole. And to tell you the truth if it was Jesus Christ nominated for the Republican party the media will still make him look like an a***ole.

The worst thing that can happen if Trump is president is that he nominates a judge, everything else is stopped. I don't see any stopping on Hillary's agenda because the RHINO are willing to work with Hillary. (Thanks for the history lesson - I like to think of them as Rhino's - now tell us something important like why we have a 2 party system. Why the green party has no chance in hell. Why Reagan didn't run 3rd party in 1976.)

@AHD - I love everybody here too... but what I'm posting is more towards the lurker than Indy. It never was Indy. Indy represents the Never Trumpers thinkers.  So in a sense I'm talking to the 5 million voters like Indy.

I'm done talking about Trump. If you have something more solid than Trump is an a***ole than we can talk about Trump. Otherwise I like to talk about Hillary. Her policies and what will happen if she is president.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:06:02 AM by Skull » Logged
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1231 on: August 17, 2016, 08:29:39 AM »

And to tell you the truth if it was Jesus Christ nominated for the Republican party the media will still make him look like an a***ole.

THIS is the key point a LOT of folks miss.

We've faced this with the media for YEARS in the 'gun rights' movement.  The media LIES.  It's what they do.  There is NOTHING we can do to make them tell our story correctly and factually.  And, even if we don't "do" anything, they make crap up.  (Cf, for example, the instance earlier in the thread where I KNOW the real story vs how it was reported in a headline).

No matter what "we" do (substitute whatever you what for we here), the media will spin it to suit THEM and THEIR narrative.

To wit:

So, Trump's a racist, huh?  Consider:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
ulthar

« Reply #1232 on: August 17, 2016, 08:41:02 AM »

More fuel for the ""how did we get Trump" fire:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/tea-party-pacs-ideas-death-214164

Three interesting quotes:

(1) "[The Tea Party] didn't die a natural death.  It was murdered."

(2) "Today, the Tea Party movement is dead, and Trump has co-opted the remnants. What was left of the Tea Party split for a while between Trump and, while he was still in the race, Ted Cruz, who was backed by Jenny Beth Martin, co-founder and national coordinator of the Tea Party Patriots. In 2014, the Tea Party Patriots group spent just 10 percent of the $14.4 million it collected actually supporting candidates, with the rest going to consultants and vendors and Martin’s hefty salary of $15,000 per month; in all, she makes an estimated $450,000 a year from her Tea Party-related ventures."

(3) Any postmortem should start with the fact that there were always two Tea Parties. First were people who believe in constitutional conservatism. These folks sense the country they will leave their children and grandchildren is a shell of what they inherited. And they have little confidence the Republican Party can muster the courage or will to fix it.

Second were lawyers and consultants who read 2009’s political winds and saw a chance to get rich.

So, you want to know why Trump bubbled to the top of the R ticket?

The answer is simple: The Republican Party sold out the people that support it.  They have sold out the base for decades (hence the origin of the term "Cuckservative").  This financial swindle was icing on the cake.

The "party" was primed for a Trump by its own corruption. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1233 on: August 17, 2016, 10:01:17 AM »

I wonder where these brilliant boys get their news stories...  Question  I mean if you don't look at "MSM". 

Trump has been called a racist because his own words condemn him.  Y'know like that whole debacle wanting the Mexican American judge recuse himself from the Trump University lawsuit - because the judge is "Mexican".  Duh. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Skull
« Reply #1234 on: August 17, 2016, 08:39:42 PM »

When Hillary is talking about spending money on infrastructure has anybody wonder what the heck was Obama doing 8 years ago when he talked about spending money on infrastructure?
ulthar

« Reply #1235 on: August 18, 2016, 08:46:33 AM »

I wonder where these brilliant boys get their news stories...  Question  I mean if you don't look at "MSM". 

From thinking people that present facts.  I long ago realized you are physically capable of understanding this basic concept.

because the judge is "Mexican".  Duh. 

When did "Mexican" become a race?   TeddyR

This is why your worldview is seen as the nonsense it is.  Words slipped to mean whatever you want them to mean today.  There's a LIST of logical fallicies that describe this phenomenon....whole psychological studies, in fact.

Call Trump racist.  He doesn't care.  The term has lost its meaning and it's ability to 'harm' in this campaign (as it should).

"Racist" has long been a slander by the SJW types to shut down conversation.  Don't like what someone is saying? Call 'em "racist" or "sexist" or "homophobic" or the newer "Islamaphobic."  These are PC terms designed to control the discussion.

And, that control is LOST.  An it is HILARIOUS.  So, keep calling Trump racist; keep throwing mud that WILL NOT STICK.  He doesn't care; he laughs at people that call him this stuff.

As he SHOULD.  As we all should. Progressive Political Correctness is a mental disease; it merits ridicule and nothing else.

Timely, as this was just posted today, Vox gives another brief outline on the topic:

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2016/08/conservatives-dont-get-it.html

--Real Genius
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1236 on: August 18, 2016, 10:13:31 AM »

Skull- exactly. whenever they want to raise taxes they talk about infrastructure. They did it on 60 minutes a while ago. it always begs the question: why have they let it get this bad in the first place? If infrastructure wasn't a priority for them in the past it probably won't be in the future either.

Skull
« Reply #1237 on: August 18, 2016, 11:18:43 AM »

Skull- exactly. whenever they want to raise taxes they talk about infrastructure. They did it on 60 minutes a while ago. it always begs the question: why have they let it get this bad in the first place? If infrastructure wasn't a priority for them in the past it probably won't be in the future either.

Usually this argument is made when a Republican is in office, because the dumb down American people would believe that the Republicans don't care about the internal structure of the country, they are too busy filling their own pockets. Even though Infrastructure is a States issue more than a Federal Government issue.

But this argument makes less sense since Obama was supposed to spend a Trillion dollars on Infrastructure when he just got in office. I wonder if anybody is going  to point this out... (besides us)

ulthar

« Reply #1238 on: August 18, 2016, 12:32:19 PM »

Another nice little quote spotted online today to contrast "Conservatives" and the "alt-right:"

Conservatives are more interested in preserving their place at the liberal cocktail table than fighting for Western civilization.

That's one reason why the Left hates Trump (and Trump supporters and the alt-right in general) SO bad.  The alt-right is upsetting the "Conservatives kiss our backsides at every opportunity" apple cart too much.

--Real Genius
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1239 on: August 18, 2016, 02:25:21 PM »

I wonder where these brilliant boys get their news stories...  Question  I mean if you don't look at "MSM".  

From thinking people that present facts.  I long ago realized you are physically capable of understanding this basic concept.

Thanks!  I know I am "physically capable".  
But, don't rock the boat, someone who hates you for being who you are (in "fact") may scuttle it.  

When did "Mexican" become a race?   TeddyR
This is why your worldview is seen as the nonsense it is.  Words slipped to mean whatever you want them to mean today.  There's a LIST of logical fallicies that describe this phenomenon....whole psychological studies, in fact.
Call Trump racist.  He doesn't care.  The term has lost its meaning and it's ability to 'harm' in this campaign (as it should).
"Racist" has long been a slander by the SJW types to shut down conversation.  Don't like what someone is saying? Call 'em "racist" or "sexist" or "homophobic" or the newer "Islamaphobic."  These are PC terms designed to control the discussion.
And, that control is LOST.  An it is HILARIOUS.  So, keep calling Trump racist; keep throwing mud that WILL NOT STICK.  He doesn't care; he laughs at people that call him this stuff.
As he SHOULD.  As we all should. Progressive Political Correctness is a mental disease; it merits ridicule and nothing else.
Timely, as this was just posted today, Vox gives another brief outline on the topic:
http://voxday.blogspot.com/2016/08/conservatives-dont-get-it.html

I well know that "Mexican" is not a "race" yet, unfortunately, I know several persons (including a few in Arizona) who despise Mexicans just because they are Mexican.  I think that that point of view is racist.  

Plus, I don't think I ever called Trump a racist.  That doesn't mean I don't think he is one.  Afterall, he played dumb when asked about David Dukes and white supremacists; he just dodged a question.  It might make sense, they're liable to vote for him now, aren't they?  

Lastly, I think you have a clear case of projection.  I am not trying to "control" the conversation (like you) nor do I routinely hurl insults in order to intimidate. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:28:08 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

ulthar

« Reply #1240 on: August 18, 2016, 09:48:48 PM »

Despite the MSM's will to try to set the "Trump in trouble" narrative, facts are pesky things:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/08/trump-continues-to-see-campaign-crowds-ten-times-the-size-of-clintons/#st_refDomain=&st_refQuery=

--Real Genius
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1241 on: August 18, 2016, 11:05:28 PM »

Well, we'll see won't we mein freund? 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1242 on: August 19, 2016, 03:05:09 AM »

Despite the MSM's will to try to set the "Trump in trouble" narrative, facts are pesky things:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/08/trump-continues-to-see-campaign-crowds-ten-times-the-size-of-clintons/#st_refDomain=&st_refQuery=

So MSM is fiction and the Gateway Pundit is fact? How did you come to that conclusion? Why don't you just quote Rush Limbaugh,and get the "real" facts?
Oh yeah-that's right-because you said so-so it must be true.
Oh yeh-side note-Steve Bannon-a blatant racist-is working for the Trump campaign now-gee-why am I not surprised?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1243 on: August 19, 2016, 04:49:52 AM »

Somebody posted this on Facebook-(they know who they are  Wink)

This is funny!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1244 on: August 19, 2016, 07:17:13 AM »

From the very beginning of this campaign, I looked at the head-to-head polls of how the various Republicans polled against Hillary Clinton.  Those were often forgotten in the crush of polls between the GOP candidates and the state-by-state primary polling, but I found them informative.  Dozens of these polls were done, from the moment Trump entered the race right up till this day (realclearpolitics.com index of polls).  In virtually EVERY head-to-head poll, Hillary has crushed Trump.  Yes, his rallies draw more people, but the people who come to those rallies are mostly Trump supporters anyway.  Statistical samplings of the population have shown from the beginning that people prefer Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump.  That has remained true in about 90% of the head-to-head polls since this whole thing started.  I know polls can be skewed by the sample selection, but 90% is an alarming number for Trump supporters.  I see no evidence that demographic has changed, which means Hillary Clinton WILL be President, like it or not.

(For the record, in those same polls, Marco Rubio beat Hillary Clinton EVERY time, often by double digits.  Shame he's not our nominee.)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.