Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:43:25 AM
714434 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Fantastic Four (2015) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Fantastic Four (2015)  (Read 7986 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 13, 2015, 10:37:13 AM »

They did it again?! How did they f**k it up again?!

This one has a lower rating on IMDb than the '05 movie!

HOW?!
 Hatred

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 02:41:05 PM »

I don't know, as I have no plans to see it, but . . . There is the rumor going around, that if this fails at the box office, 20th Century Fox, as this is a 20th Century Fox film, will either do the next film in conjunction with the Walt Disney Company or let everything go back to the Walt Disney Company, as the Walt Disney Company, in conjunction with Marvel, seems to be the only one able to do a superhero film correctly. And we shall see what we shall see.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 04:47:10 PM »

Why can't they make a decent Fantastic Four movie is it so hard
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 06:21:22 PM »

Why can't they make a decent Fantastic Four movie is it so hard

Roger Corman did, and it was supposed to be not released.

HOW?!
 Hatred

Fox.

yeah no.
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 09:10:58 PM »

I've seen that one and, yes, it was corny.  However, it's not like the contemporary Fantastic 4 comics weren't also corny as all hell.  That was somewhat before they tried to go all grim'n'dark.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 04:05:42 AM »

When I saw the initial trailers for this one the whole tone of the movie just turned me off going to see it in the cinema. Nothing I've seen since has made me think about changing my mind. I imagine I'll end up watching it on netflix or something somewhere down the line.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 01:06:48 PM »

I've seen that one and, yes, it was corny.  However, it's not like the contemporary Fantastic 4 comics weren't also corny as all hell.  That was somewhat before they tried to go all grim'n'dark.
That there can be linked to the main problem with the three newer Fantastic Four movies; grim n dark. Instead of being goofy and enjoyable, it has to pile on the exposition and s**t to make us side with them, but all it does is drain us from enjoyment.

yeah no.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 05:16:43 PM »

HOW?!

Same way they always do, by not appreciating the source material.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:52:04 AM by Ted C » Logged

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 05:24:25 PM »

Face it, the suits are just looking for a tax write off. And the cretins will get it.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 10:29:55 PM »

Freakin Batman and Robin have a better raiting on Rotten Tomateos.  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 09:22:08 PM »

The GOOD Marvel movies tend to be corny at times too.  They know they're silly and they have fun with it.  Let's face it, having Tony Stark mouth off about everything is one of the better parts of the Ironman movies, and everybody looks forward to the Stan lee cameos. 

They're just taking things too seriously and not having fun with them.  ... and horribly butchering the source material.  That's not really a good thing either. 
Archivist

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 06:27:11 AM »

Oh, noooo... You've gotta be kidding me.  I was really looking forward to this, too.  The first trailer made it look like Interstellar, for goodness sake!  You'd think they would have learned from all the successes of current Marvel movies, and even the better of the X-Men movies.  Darn it, are we ever going to get a decent FF movie???

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 12:29:23 PM »

It looks like 20th Century Fox is going to hold onto it, instead of letting it go, and make another run at it. Though, it's not scheduled to be released till 6/9/17. What surprises me is that the cast will be the same as last time. No casting changes announced, so far. But . . .?! This is where it gets interesting.

Where will you be on 11/27/19? There is another Fantastic Four film coming, and with that title it has to be something similar to this year's film, but . . .?! It is not from 20th Century Fox. And it gets even more interesting. It's not live action like the previous films. It's ANIMATED!

And we shall see what we shall see.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 02:18:07 PM »

Well, the presumed fiasco that is "Fantastic Four" has claimed its 1st causality. Uber producer Kathleen Kennedy at Lucas Films had invited director Josh Trank to direct the upcoming untitled Boba Fett film in 2018, but . . ?! When she saw "Fantastic Four," she disinvited him.

As to what we presume went wrong, there is an article in a recent edition of "Entertainment Weekly," that says it was a variety of conflicting visions that could not be reconciled on the screen, but . . .?! I think it began even before that. I like Jamie Bell. I think he is a fine actor, but . . .?! I think he was miscast as Ben Grimm/The Thing. You'd think they want an actor with some heft to him, and he is just a tiny little thing. Sometimes counter casting can work, but . . .?! not here.

Hearing that the rumor of a stand-alone Boba Fett film is true and is coming in 2018, where does that place the stand-alone Han Solo film that is suppose to be coming? 2020?

And we shall see what we shall see.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 07:22:29 PM »

You know what might be part of the problem?  And I know this probably seems counter intuitive-but the next time they reboot this franchise, they should NOT have Doctor Doom as the first main villain.

I think they need to build him up a bit before unleashing him, kind of what I'm guessing the plan for Sinestro was in the failed Green Lantern movies.  Because in the two modern Fantastic Four movies they keep making the same two decisions:
A.  Doom is involved in their creation
B. Doom has superpowers.

In the movies, giving Doom superpowers just seems to be a way to have him be able to stand toe-to-tow with the FF.   In comics, Doctor Doom iron suit is a battle armor that matches anything Iron Man has, AND he's a wizard in line for the title of Sorcerer Supreme (aka Dr Strange's  position) He's also a scientific genius probably smarter than Reed Richards-its only his ego that blinds him to mistakes.  Seriously, if you ever think Superman is an OP characters, read about what Doom can do.

They can have Vicitor Von Doom in the first movie, but keep him somewhat in the background while the FF take on another for, like the Red Ghost or Mole man.
 Give us a movie setting him up better.  Hints of what he'll become, so that when he finally gets involved the audience understands better just how big a threat Doctor Doom really is.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Fantastic Four (2015) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.