Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:06:23 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that SCARED you! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies that SCARED you!  (Read 8190 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: November 14, 2015, 03:13:26 AM »

I seen a lot of horror films-very few scared me-there are movies-on first viewing-that scared the f**k outta me-
the TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE  (1974) was one of them-when I first saw this-I was I thought -immune to horror films-I had seen the EXORCIST (1973) and JAWS (1975)in the theater-and then I rented later this movie on one of those big clumsy record album looking things the had in the early 80's...-and the player-I was with my girlfreind Kerrie Noble-who had her parents murdered in a double homicide 15 years later-scared the s**t out of me-
this movie still creeps me out-Tiana loves it-I STILL get creeped out-on a couple levels-I dunno-maybe the Kerrie connection in later years made it worse for me.
It still scares me.

! No longer available Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 05:03:33 AM »

I remember being scared many years ago (some time in the 80s) by a film called The Boogyman. It involved abusive parents being killed in front of a mirror and at least one of their spirits being trapped in it. Years later when the children are grown up anyone caught in its reflection gets killed. Picked it up about 15 years ago and really must get round to watching it again.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 07:27:29 AM »

when I was about 6 I was really scared by Teenwolf, lol

I won't say 'scared', but the following definitely gave me some kind of movie-shivers

Jaws
Deep Red
Don't Look Now
Long Weekend (original not remake)
Open Water
The Omen

also Speilberg's Duel, in a weird way.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 07:43:37 AM »

All great films-I seen JAWS in the old Strand when it was first released-criminy! I had my ticket stub-I started chewing on it-like gum-I was so nervous!
Oddly-about 1972-I was 10-I saw the BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE (1959)-a laff fest for most-not for me back then-I was watching it on some uhf channel with my brothers-when the monster busted out of the closet-I jumped like hell and hollerd!
I tried to find just that scene on youtube-but they just feature it as a whole movie-or the fycking MSTK3000 version-mebbe I'm a loser-but I HATE that show! I really wanted to see MONSTER A GO GO (1965) without the f**king annoying robot shadows and snide comments.
It really was a dick move to take a great sci-fi film like THIS ISLAND EARTH (1955) and try to rag it-its a great film and to try to drag it through mud was a bad idea-f**k MSTK-I hate that show-I LIKE bad movies! Those shmucks put themselves above it-I read an interview with the original guy-the first host-I forget his fycking name-he said he quit because he couldn't watch these things no mo-...I have one THING TO SAY FOR HIM... for him-

p***y! Thumbdown It ryhmes with Lucy-my computer and the censor thingy on BadMovies wont let me say things like p***y,c**t,f**k,dick snout,s**t for brains,dick smack,asswipe,douche bag,in grown hair self important b***h!
Joel's a shmuck!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 08:40:25 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 10:52:01 AM »

Parents (1989) scared me.  It's odd because, on the surface, what's on screen isn't scary at all.  Yet, throughout the movie, I was scared s**tless.  Randy Quaid's performance, especially, was terrifying -- even the way he played cards was scary!

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 01:57:34 PM »

^ totally agree, there are some properly unnerving moments in Parents. surprised I forgot that, it's one of my fav movies.

I think part of its scariness is the way it makes you see it from Michael's point of view so maybe you start reacting like a kid a bit more? great movie anyway.

f**k MSTK-I hate that show-I LIKE bad movies!
yeah, not a fan of MST3K either. never laughed at a single 'hilarious' comment those guys have ever said. just find it irritating and like you there's some movies I can only find the MST version of instead of the original...

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 03:15:45 PM »

Let's see . . . my top scariest movies of recent years:

JEEPERS CREEPERS
THE RING
GRAVE ENCOUNTERS
SINISTER
THE LAST SHIFT
MIRRORS

All of those creeped me out big time!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 04:22:47 PM »

GHOST STORY (1981) based on the Peter Straub novel of the same name was creepy-scary.  I remember, however, that the book was quite a bit more scary than the movie.

When I was a kid, I was kinda scared of werewolf/vampire movies in general.  I used to wonder "what if" a lot.  I knew they were legends and folklore, but always had it in my mind that they were probably based on something real.  I essentially lived in the woods, and whenever I was out at night on foot...it was on my mind.

When I say "kid," I mean into high school.  Those thoughts stuck with me a long time.

Now it's interesting, because my 10 year old son has made similar comments along the lines of "I know it's fiction, but ..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 04:33:07 PM »

I read an interview with the original guy-the first host-I forget his fycking name-he said he quit because he couldn't watch these things no mo

What!? Bad Movies are an amazing commodity of life! How is one just "not able to watch them"? If he hates his job, then can I take it? I watch B-Movies on a daily basis, and getting paid to do so would be awesome!

Okay, back to the topic. To be honest, I have never in my life actually been scared from a movie. Some had really good atmosphere (I think of John Carpenter's "The Thing"), but I consider myself immune to horror. Not even just movies, I've tried out some horror games and books and they haven't done anything to scare me. Honestly, I wish I wasn't immune, but I guess it's just my built in rationality of telling myself "It's just a movie" or whatever. I don't really know.

If I had to choose my favorite horror movie, I'd go for John Carpenter's "The Thing". I'm into monsters and aliens and all of that nonsense. There's also "Aliens", but I think The Thing had better horror atmosphere.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 06:32:29 PM »

just remembered when I was about 10 my older cousin showed me American Werewolf In London. think we can probably agree that's not a film for a 10 yr old... the first attack scene on the moor genuinely horrified me! had never seen anything that gruesome before.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 09:36:37 PM »

Ringu and Ju-on both scared me on some levels. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is scary without being all that gory due to its atmosphere and setting.Psycho(1960) made it hard to take a shower without being somewhat afraid for quite a while. Jaws made the water seem scary. I find parts of White Zombie somewhat scary. Some episodes of Kolchak: the Night Stalker scared me particularly The Zombie, Horror in the Heights, and The Spanish Moss Murders. Some alien abduction films succeeded in scaring me particularly the TV film Intruders.  The original Outer Limits episodes The Zanti Misfits, A Feasibility Study, The Mice, The Guests and The Invisibles struck as being rather creepy and eerie. Same is true for a lot of classic Twilight Zone episodes.  

The film Threads is both scary and disturbing as is the film The Day After (second less so than previous).

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 09:40:00 PM »

I seen a lot of horror films-very few scared me-there are movies-on first viewing-that scared the f**k outta me-
the TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE  (1974) was one of them-when I first saw this-I was I thought -immune to horror films-I had seen the EXORCIST (1973) and JAWS (1975)in the theater-and then I rented later this movie on one of those big clumsy record album looking things the had in the early 80's...-and the player-I was with my girlfreind Kerrie Noble-who had her parents murdered in a double homicide 15 years later-scared the s**t out of me-
this movie still creeps me out-Tiana loves it-I STILL get creeped out-on a couple levels-I dunno-maybe the Kerrie connection in later years made it worse for me.
It still scares me.
! No longer available

TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE is a MASTERPIECE.  There is NOTHING like it; a GREAT FILM.  Scared the pi$$ outta me too.  TeddyR

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
scared the whatever outta me when I watched an ABC-TV broadcast in the mid 1970s.  I remember looking out my window for a car to drive by and there were none around 1am... I was alone when I watched it and it changed me...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:00:21 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 10:41:42 PM »

The 1968 NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD still f**ks with me on squeeze yer balls level.That movie just-I dunno-it f**kS YOU UP.
Well-it f**ked us kids who watched rubber monsters and Godzilla.
This was SERIOUS-it was a cheap movie made by talented people.
Now-Ed Wood was a genuis without talent!
(It happens more often you think! :wink:Everyone has a talent)

BUT Tor Johnson-that guys face has scared the s**t outta me to this DAY!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2015, 10:54:43 PM »

I read an interview with the original guy-the first host-I forget his fycking name-he said he quit because he couldn't watch these things no mo

What!? Bad Movies are an amazing commodity of life! How is one just "not able to watch them"? If he hates his job, then can I take it? I watch B-Movies on a daily basis, and getting paid to do so would be awesome!

Okay, back to the topic. To be honest, I have never in my life actually been scared from a movie. Some had really good atmosphere (I think of John Carpenter's "The Thing"), but I consider myself immune to horror. Not even just movies, I've tried out some horror games and books and they haven't done anything to scare me. Honestly, I wish I wasn't immune, but I guess it's just my built in rationality of telling myself "It's just a movie" or whatever. I don't really know.

If I had to choose my favorite horror movie, I'd go for John Carpenter's "The Thing". I'm into monsters and aliens and all of that nonsense. There's also "Aliens", but I think The Thing had better horror atmosphere.

The THING-well its hard to remake a classic-but The THING-I never reall gave a f**k about the old one-The THING-I showed it to my girlfreind Tiana-she likes horror films-but shes only 31-she was born in 1984-she loves horror films-I got old f**king Famous Monster mags-! It fasinates her! And its always fasiated me-like you may notice-cuz we are all "geeks" here-I hate that word-I prefer FREAKS! Drink

the THING is one of the coolest movies ever made.

EDIT-I had to add this-I just rewatched this scene after smoking pot-its even scarier.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 11:04:06 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2015, 11:13:28 PM »

One  that really f**ked me up-and I dont really know why.
The scene in BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES (1970) when they pull their faces off-It dont scare me now-but in 1970 at the Strand-scared the f**k outta me!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that SCARED you! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.