Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:55:55 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that SCARED you! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Movies that SCARED you!  (Read 8188 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2015, 09:46:02 AM »

When I was about 6 years old my brother took me to see THE LEGEND OF BOGGY CREEK.
The whole movie seems totally lame now, but at that age - well, after seeing the scene where that huge hairy arm reached in through the bathroom window and tried to grab they guy as he was sitting on the toiled, I didn't poop for a solid week!  (and yes, it was a VERY solid week!)

When I was in high school, me and a friend of mine went to see ANTHROPHAGUS - I forget its American title.  For some reason that movie scared me so bad that I walked out on it.  I watched it years later and it just wasn't that scary.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2015, 02:04:55 PM »

The 1988 remake of The Blob really scared me when it first came out.  I was really young at the time and just seeing some of the commercials or trailers were enough to induce terror in me.  Those people getting pulled into drains and being absorbed into the biomass.  When it came to tv later, it didn't help that this movie featured a kid getting horribly killed as I would have been about the same age as him at the time.

I've seen it as an adult, and while I can handle it now-back then it was the scariest piece of media I had ever seen.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2015, 05:08:56 PM »

When I was a kid, my family was watching Predator at a gathering. The moment the predator took off his mask and roared, I recall running out of the room screaming. Ironically, later in life this became one of my favorite movies.  BounceGiggle
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2015, 07:20:36 PM »

Predator gave me recurring nightmares of being hunted for weeks after watching it so yeah that one scared me as well. As a kid, vampire movies scared me the most...Salem's Lot, Black Sabbath, The Brides of Dracula, and the 1970s Dracula come to mind in that regard. The computer merging with the woman in Superman III scared the p**s out of me as a kid too for some reason.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 02:50:16 AM »

The Crimson Rivers
Baffled!
Crowhaven Farm
Event Horizon
Jannie Totsiens
The Sound of Music  Wink
Pet Sematary
The Stick
Prince Of Darkness
The Medusa Touch
The Believers
Diary of A Madman
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:56:18 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 07:51:17 PM »

I read an interview with the original guy-the first host-I forget his fycking name-he said he quit because he couldn't watch these things no mo

What!? Bad Movies are an amazing commodity of life! How is one just "not able to watch them"? If he hates his job, then can I take it? I watch B-Movies on a daily basis, and getting paid to do so would be awesome!

Okay, back to the topic. To be honest, I have never in my life actually been scared from a movie. Some had really good atmosphere (I think of John Carpenter's "The Thing"), but I consider myself immune to horror. Not even just movies, I've tried out some horror games and books and they haven't done anything to scare me. Honestly, I wish I wasn't immune, but I guess it's just my built in rationality of telling myself "It's just a movie" or whatever. I don't really know.

If I had to choose my favorite horror movie, I'd go for John Carpenter's "The Thing". I'm into monsters and aliens and all of that nonsense. There's also "Aliens", but I think The Thing had better horror atmosphere.

The THING-well its hard to remake a classic-but The THING-I never reall gave a f**k about the old one-The THING-I showed it to my girlfreind Tiana-she likes horror films-but shes only 31-she was born in 1984-she loves horror films-I got old f**king Famous Monster mags-! It fasinates her! And its always fasiated me-like you may notice-cuz we are all "geeks" here-I hate that word-I prefer FREAKS! Drink

! No longer available

the THING is one of the coolest movies ever made.

EDIT-I had to add this-I just rewatched this scene after smoking pot-its even scarier.

Sorry, I just noticed your comment. Badmovies.org hasn't been sending me notifications for some reason. Anyways, I really loved the remake of The Thing, when I first saw it. I thought that the original Thing was just meh. And the remake has better effects and a creepier (in my opinion) atmosphere. I think the main character (I forget his name, the bearded man)'s final battle with The Thing could've lasted a little longer or have been a little more of a fight, but it didn't keep me from enjoying the film whatsoever.

I find that funny, though. Because usually how it goes is the remake is a dozen times worse than the original (take Godzilla (1998) for an example), but with The Thing, this doesn't seem to be the case.

"the THING is one of the coolest movies ever made." << I totally agree! I could watch it all over again! In fact, I just might go down and see if I can find it and re-watch it for fun memories!

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 03:07:56 PM »

The original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD- I'd never seen anything like that before; I saw it when it came out, I was twelve.

THE TINGLER- 1974, I'm 18, babysitting for a neighbor; the kids are in bed, I'm sitting in a dark living room, during a thunderstorm, with a buzz, watching this alone.

TRILOGY OF TERROR- The part with the doll, anyway; again, I'm by myself watching this. I was sixteen, I think.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 10:17:19 AM »

THE TINGLER- 1974, I'm 18, babysitting for a neighbor; the kids are in bed, I'm sitting in a dark living room, during a thunderstorm, with a buzz, watching this alone.

I remember my mum telling me that she'd snuck out with her sister to watch this one. On the way back they cut through a graveyard and got one hell of a fright when her sister asked her the time and a hand popped up suddenly from behind a gravestone (I assume with a watch on). Whoever was tending to the grave was possibly a little surprised when the pair of them let out a scream and ran off home.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
voltron

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2015, 09:53:38 PM »

The first couple of F13ths creeped me when I was a kid. Carnival Of Souls is still the most eerie little flick out there if you ask me. I remember watching (as Andrew put it ) Death s**t with my grandmother (!) when I was little and the bloody shower scene made me hide my eyes.  Smile
Edit: The Beast Within did the same thing for me when I was little.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:50:01 PM by voltron » Logged

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
akiratubo

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2015, 11:57:55 PM »

TRILOGY OF TERROR- The part with the doll, anyway; again, I'm by myself watching this. I was sixteen, I think.

The segment with the doll STILL has some power left it even today.  I can't imagine how scary it must have seemed to TV audiences in the 70s.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2015, 12:31:48 AM »

Two fairly recent films that scared the bejabbers out of me:

SINISTER and THE LAST SHIFT

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2015, 01:09:29 PM »

When I was a little kid, I loved horror movies, but, oddly enough, was frightened by the cheesy Godzilla films to the point that I would hide behind a chair when the monsters were on screen.

Of course, I also once spent 2 hours or so locked in the bathroom while home alone because I was convinced there was some sort of monster in our house. I think I was 8 or 9 at the time. I was a nervous child.

Once I grew up, the only movie that really unnerved me was the original "Nightmare On Elm Street" upon my first-ever viewing of it. I had rented a ton of horror movies (about 8 of them), watched them back to back, and saved "Nightmare" for last. It was 2 or 3 in the morning and pitch black in my room except for the TV. About halfway through the movie, I was freaking so bad that I had to get up and turn on the light in my closet to finish watching it. The light stayed on the rest of night as well. I think I was 20 or 21 at the time.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that SCARED you! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.