Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:57:19 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  We'll be f**ed in the Zombie Apocalypse, Science says « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: We'll be f**ed in the Zombie Apocalypse, Science says  (Read 4556 times)
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« on: December 15, 2015, 05:49:07 AM »

The British Medical Journal published an article about the Zombie Apocalypse:

http://www.bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h6423

Admittedly, it's in their not-that-serious Christmas edition, but still!

For the faint-of-heart, there is an article about the impact of Bob Dylan on the scientific community and why Putin at al. walk like John Wayne in the same issue.

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 07:07:51 AM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I love their credited sources: George Romero, Edgar Wright, Danny Boyle, Frank Darabont, Robert Kirkman, Richard Matheson TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 12:21:56 PM »

And Max Brooks!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Skull
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 05:58:19 AM »

Rage Zombies... lol... Trixe (from 1973)... lol...

So I guess the outbreak of Rage Zombies can be traced from Meat Pies in the 1970's... [I Drink Your Blood]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbEbfU6KNaw
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 09:02:30 AM »

I guess I'm not as into zombies are a lot of people are, but where am I wrong in my logic that if you just sit it out for a bit the zombies will be too decayed to be a threat anymore, and will just be decomposing masses littering the streets?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 09:06:12 AM »

but where am I wrong in my logic that if you just sit it out for a bit the zombies will be too decayed to be a threat anymore, and will just be decomposing masses littering the streets?

The South African zombies would have a thing or two to say about that  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 09:24:46 AM »

Theres one big hole in this whole arguement...
THERE AINT NO SUCH THING AS ZOMBIES!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 12:56:18 PM »

You've obviously never seen someone on methadone!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 03:36:59 PM »

Nah we're all set.   Nature has ways of cleaning up al that decaying flesh on the shuffle.

http://boingboing.net/2013/10/14/zombiesvsanimals.html
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Skull
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 12:38:21 PM »

I guess I'm not as into zombies are a lot of people are, but where am I wrong in my logic that if you just sit it out for a bit the zombies will be too decayed to be a threat anymore, and will just be decomposing masses littering the streets?

In my book zombies don't decompose...

I know... and the same is true about the 'Death Star' Story...

as a writer, I can see we would be F'ed up against the zombie invasion... but I also believe zombies cannot win against modern military technology. (It wouldn't take much for me to write this report).

I do think these reports are a little silly and I hope they are not using government funding...  I do feel since these are professors writing this, government funding is somehow spent on this crap.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 09:34:37 AM »

While at a local comic con, I was talking to one of the people on the convention staff, and we veered into zombies as a topic.

As we watched the frighteningly stereotypical comic/SF/fantasy crowd, I told him, "What is scary is that, if there is a zombie outbreak, we are looking at the people who will know how to survive the outbreak. Unfortunately, very few of them will be physically able to survive. Overweight, not used to running, and are used to video game physics when it comes to weapons." I was describing myself as well as a good number of the attendees.

The guy countered with, "If they were smart, they'd just stay in their mothers' basements until the zombies rotted away."

Dammit, why didn't I think of that?

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
claws
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 10:32:14 AM »

I guess we have to thank the Miami cannibal attack and millennials with ADHD for this silly internet fad that won't die. Ah well, looking forward to what's next.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2015, 10:48:04 AM »

I guess we have to thank the Miami cannibal attack and millennials with ADHD for this silly internet fad that won't die. Ah well, looking forward to what's next.

Personally, I'm voting for Prancercise

.youtube.com/watch?v=o-50GjySwew

Just add the www bit. I'm new here -- again.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2015, 12:05:34 PM »

I will say that Max Brooks, in his ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE, did an interesting analysis on the biology of the undead.
His explanation is that the solanum virus which causes the dead to reanimate also kills 99% of normal decomposition bacteria.  So while the undead do decompose, they do so VERY slowly.  Those in the northernmost climes have an advantage because zombies freeze solid in the wintertime, making them easy to dispatch.

That is one interesting book, if you have never read it.  He makes the whole thing sound almost believable.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Skull
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 10:04:04 AM »

I will say that Max Brooks, in his ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE, did an interesting analysis on the biology of the undead.
His explanation is that the solanum virus which causes the dead to reanimate also kills 99% of normal decomposition bacteria.  So while the undead do decompose, they do so VERY slowly.  Those in the northernmost climes have an advantage because zombies freeze solid in the wintertime, making them easy to dispatch.

That is one interesting book, if you have never read it.  He makes the whole thing sound almost believable.

The Zombie Survival Guide is an interesting book, I tried to use it as a reference book in my story but I knew 90% of the stuff based on other zombie flicks I saw. Then there was stuff in the book that I was hoping Max Brooks might cover but he didn't...

Such as "Why Rigor Mortis don't work?" Rigor mortis is the chemical changes in the body that stiffing joints. Zombies cannot move with stiff joints. I'd thought it was interesting how Return of the Living Dead played rigor mortis on their dying characters, and I sort of assumed that zombies need to eat to resist the stiffing process. But it doesn't seemed to work when zombies (assumed dead for years/decades) are digging themselves out of the grave. So I came to the conclusion that Rigor Mortis never happens! In my book HIM it was assumed that when the human dies the body is unable to go thru a Rigor Mortis phase.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  We'll be f**ed in the Zombie Apocalypse, Science says « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.