Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:01:58 PM
714421 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  GOD « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Author Topic: GOD  (Read 23817 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

GOD
« on: July 01, 2016, 02:43:14 AM »

Yer thoughts on the concept of GOD.
I'm an atheist-so why do you believe-if you do?
I think its flat out a crazy.

Don't mean I'm right-there may be a old f**ker running our lives.  Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 08:12:10 AM »

I think that this gorgeous world is a little bit too fine-tuned for life for it to have all happened by accident.
I think that the order and harmony of the cosmos are the fingerprints of its Creator.
I think that the historical evidence, carefully considered, proves that Jesus of Nazareth did indeed rise from the dead.
I think Christianity (as outline in the New Testament, although not always as practiced) makes more sense, ethically and historically, than any other faith out there.
And my faith makes me a better, kinder, and more decent person.

Ergo, I believe.  Smile

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Skull
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 08:19:29 AM »

Why do you post stuff that you're going to regret?

***Think of this****

Our point of view is from a fish living inside a fishbowl. Sure we can make science out of everything inside that fishbowl, but it don't answer questions for what we see and we have noway to access...

I think that this gorgeous world is a little bit too fine-tuned for life for it to have all happened by accident.

This is all you have to say... Sure we don't agree politically... but I do agree with you on this :)

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 08:28:47 AM »

Why do you post stuff that you're going to regret?

***Think of this****

Our point of view is from a fish living inside a fishbowl. Sure we can make science out of everything inside that fishbowl, but it don't answer questions for what we see and we have noway to access...

This is all you have to say... Sure we don't agree politically... but I do agree with you on this :)

I don't regret this-I'm happy that you have such faith. Thats a GOOD thing.I wish I had such faith-but I dont. I envy you

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 08:32:08 AM »

the whole concept is just plain crazy-I just dont get it. Ive seen ufos-4 times-I KNOW that they exist. I have NEVER seen god

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 08:56:56 AM »

Thank you for starting a non-controversial topic to get all the attention off the presidential election!

(Seriously, I think in today's America people are more able to talk reasonably about differences of religious beliefs than they are political differences).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 09:26:32 AM »

I can totally get agnosticism, but atheism seems to me to be based largely on an internal compass, rather like faith itself.

Like faith, atheism can call on some evidence to support itself, true, terminally sick children being a darn fine argument against a benevolent higher power, but ultimately it comes down to a matter of personal conviction, so it is just as lacking, and, I have to add, rather pessimistic at heart. Given a choice I'd much rather say something is possible than conclude it isn't.

One day about a decade ago I was watching a show on archaeology, and the woman in charge of the excavation at a Mesoamerican site held up a stone ball and said, "We know this is proof of one-time human occupation, because nature could never produce a sphere this perfect."

It suddenly hit me that nature, given eons of time, could not make a humble sphere, something a small child could construct with clay, and yet we're supposed to fall in line to the idea that given that same amount of time nature randomly and with blind chance produced something as complex as a human being?

Almost against my stubborn will something in me clicked and I thought, "....huh...."

But to say a creator exists is not necessarily to take one more leap and say human religions necessarily get it right either.

RC, ever read a book called The Case For Christ? At the very least you might find it interesting.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 09:51:49 AM »

snipped

Sigh... I overestimated our ability to keep things non-controversial.

What about a voluntary ban on using the words "Trump," "Clinton" or "Obama" in this thread? After all, RCs topic was about the philosophical concept of God.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 02:50:48 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 10:07:05 AM »

I admit I was wrong when I said people were able to talk reasonably about religious differences. I'm out of the thread, have fun.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 02:51:17 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 10:41:51 AM »

I listened to the bible voter to audio cover last year when I was unemployed. It was OK  Wink
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 12:50:07 PM »

OK, OK Skull!

We get your point.  Islam is bad and Trump is the savior of the universe.

Now how about you take that stuff back to the Presidential thread and let us have a philosophical debate, as Ronnie suggested, on whether or not God exists?  PLEASE? Question

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 01:12:11 PM »

OK, OK Skull!

We get your point.  Islam is bad and Trump is the savior of the universe.

Now how about you take that stuff back to the Presidential thread and let us have a philosophical debate, as Ronnie suggested, on whether or not God exists?  PLEASE? Question

I agree, except I think you should have a DISCUSSION, not a DEBATE. Debates are about winners and losers and proving yourself right. Discussions occur between friends and are about expanding your knowledge.

Not to call you out, Indy, you are always a great discusser!

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 01:36:12 PM »

Well said, Reverend, and I stand corrected. 

(Although I did call it a "philosophical" debate, which by definition can have no winners!)

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 02:01:42 PM »

Thank you for starting a non-controversial topic to get all the attention off the presidential election!
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol (sorry but I thought the same when I saw the post)
(Seriously, I think in today's America people are more able to talk reasonably about differences of religious beliefs than they are political differences).
Lets see... Who wants to talk about Allah? Shariah Law? Gay rights and Shariah law? Woman rights and Shariah law? What about Jews and Shariah law? Shariah law and the Constitution... Why are so many terrorist killing innocent people because of Shariah law? Does any American know what the heck is Shariah law?
I do think Americans need to understand the truth about Shariah Law before they start b***hing about Trump's 'Temporary' ban on Muslims. (Sorry to talk about the presidential toilet on this thread.)
Sigh... I overestimated our ability to keep things non-controversial.
What about a voluntary ban on using the words "Trump," "Clinton" or "Obama" in this thread? After all, RCs topic was about the philosophical concept of God.

Looks like Skull deleted everything you had quoted.    Question   Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 02:56:39 PM »

snip

Looks like Skull deleted everything you had quoted.    Question   Lookingup

Yes, and he asked me to delete where I had quoted him. He requests everyone do the same. I would not interpret that as him backing down on his statements, but rather that he acknowledges they were off topic. I respect that he accepts that.  Thumbup

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  GOD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.