Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:26:47 AM
714518 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  (sigh) Honestly, I don't CHOSE to look like a bum... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: (sigh) Honestly, I don't CHOSE to look like a bum...  (Read 3183 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 20, 2016, 07:03:21 PM »

I don't know what it is, but it seems like every damn thing I own to wear somehow gets stains, rips or tears in it.  Makes it hell when I try to find a decent outfit to wear during job interviews.  Now, I suppose some of them are my fault, I tend to be in a hurry, so I eat on the run so to speak (drive thrus and stuff) but other things... like drops of bleach.  How the heck am I getting drops of bleach on my clothes?  Had a round spot on the left leg of one of my good pants that I have NO idea how it got there.

And unlike most people, I can't just go to the local store and buy new clothes cause it's hard to find stuff in my size.  (Not to mention my skin is weirdly itchy to certain fabrics and anything with a pattern.)

So, in my humble defense to all who watch me, sometimes I really DO try to look presentable.  So, put that on the record.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 07:18:23 PM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle Thumbup
Oh my god!
All my clothes came from the Salvation Army-and its nothing anybody would wear!
I look like a bum! I have real long hair an a beard now-I know the feeling brother!  Thumbup

I try to mix and match-I wear my Charlie Manson shirt with my green pants-or my hawain shirt with the brown cordorays? Im wearing those now!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 07:22:31 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Paquita

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 06:38:49 PM »

It's all good as long as you don't smell bad or have boogers on the front of your shirt.  Decent people put their boogers on the rear inside of their shirt while they pretend to tug the shirt over their butt.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 06:35:12 PM »

I have a chaos field so I can empathize. Whenever its important, I look good its clear liquids only.
 I should just wear camo.   
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 02:12:31 PM »

Fat men buying cloths...not a fun thing to do. Trust me.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 03:54:08 AM »

I have enough hassles with my bum, so  Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 08:35:16 AM »

If you don't mind some off the wall advice that might be better than it sounds, find a professional athlete about your size, call the business office of that franchise and ask if he has any clothes he no longer wears that he wouldn't mind donating to you. You might be surprised how well that works.

Before we were married my husband used to go to the MLB and NFL offices and ask if players had old clothes they wanted to donate to charity, and he gave them to shelters, and when he got hold of suits, he gave them to an inner city church that donated them to people who'd finished job training and needed them to wear for interviews.

He thought all this up himself and always said it was surprising how generous pro athletes could be.

He won an award for most innovative charitable idea and got listed in a newspaper's twenty-five innovators under twenty-five feature.

I remember good things like that about him on those nights when I find myself wanting to put a pillow over his face while he's sleeping.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 02:46:55 AM »

HAHA! I love ya ER!-I weigh 130 pounds-I stand 5'2"-I have hair down to the middle of my back-and I grew a beard. I dress like a bum because I have no money!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 09:57:14 AM »

Uhhhh, mebbe try jockeys at the local racetrack, RC? ;-)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
AoTFan

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 06:57:04 PM »

Weeel... like I said, I'm six six and weigh... well, way more than I should, so, yeah, clothes can be a pain.  As well as low ceilings, door frames, ceiling fans, amusement park rides (if I actually went to amusement parks anymore), having everyone assume that because you're big and tall that you make a perfect pack mule rather than putting you on a job that thought, dealing with ass-monkeys that want to start s**t with you because they think harassing a tall guy makes them "cool" to their peers, trying to interact with people (esp females) who think you're intimidating, and so on.

But, on the upside, I can reach off the high shelves without assistance.   
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  (sigh) Honestly, I don't CHOSE to look like a bum... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.