Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:27:52 AM
714437 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BURIAL GROUND: Is this really worth the viewing/purchasing experience? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BURIAL GROUND: Is this really worth the viewing/purchasing experience?  (Read 1201 times)
Chris K.
« on: May 17, 2002, 06:40:52 PM »

Okay guys, I have to ask if the Andrea Bianachi film THE NIGHTS OF TERROR, or as it is known in America as BURIAL GROUND, worth my time of viewing. I have heard good and bad things about this zombie flick. Some even state the film is like THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!

Any comments on this one?
systemcr4sh
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2002, 09:10:51 PM »

Its in the video store I rent from. I've heard good things about it. I think that you should at least try it. I heard some things that sound pretty cool about it. I heard some girl gets her breast bitten off. Sounds Kinda gross. anyway yeah, I'd say try it. I'll rent it some day.

-Dan
Steven Millan
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2002, 04:48:23 AM »

If you are an Italian horror completist,then "Burial Ground"("Nights Of Terror") does belong on your DVD collection.
                 It may not be the greatest (or best) zombie chowdown on-screen feast,but it does have its juicy splattery moments:intestines are ripped out,throats are chewed open,wandering folks get impaled,blood pouring everywhere like the fountain at the local surburban mall,and(the all-out classic moment)a human mother gets her nipple bitten off by her now-zombified kid.
               And,besides,this movie is completely nothing--nothing--like "Rocky Horror"(whoever told you that was definitely high on crack while watching his 124th.  "Rocky Horror" viewing).
StatCat
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2002, 09:28:26 AM »

Burial Ground is nothing like the rocky horror picture show at all. THis is really a bad movie zombie classic that's pretty cheesy. One thing that freaks me out is that kid who is obsessed with his mother and he resembles a 30 year old strangely deformed man! The zombies in this one wear masks that are sometimes pretty cool looking and distinctive. Theres even have a special rehash of an eye gouge like in Fulci's zombie only with glass. I definitely enjoyed it more then I ever did with Dr Butcher which is also being released.
Akira Tubo
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2002, 07:59:35 PM »

Burial Ground:

Some guy is doing something.  Some zombies eat him.  Some people show up at his house.  There's this "kid" who looks like a 50 year old midget.  He wants to have sex with his mom.  Zombies eat some of the people.  A maid is beheaded with a scythe and hung from a window.  Some of the people escape and run into zombie monks.  The old kid returns as a zombe, bites off his mother's nipple, then it ends.

It seeks to be over the top but fails miserably.  It's just another generic zombie movie.
StatCat
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2002, 11:45:52 PM »

Maybe, but another generic zombie movie? I can't really picture another one like it.
coupwick
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2002, 09:33:28 PM »

Okay, I saw this movie on a really cruddy VHS, but I do remember it being VERY BORING. It did have okay gore effects and that freakish kid/midget/man thing.  If you really must have another Italian zombie movie, you could do better; this one sucks.  If you see it in the store, hide it so someone else can be saved the agony.  I'd spend my time and money on the equally bad but much more watchable Dr. Butcher, M.D. (AKA Zombie Holocaust).  Oh, and the Rocky Horror comparison is a total crock (and I know the advertisement you are speaking of...In the latest Fango).  I hope I was helpful.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BURIAL GROUND: Is this really worth the viewing/purchasing experience? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.