Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:45:18 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  movies you would like to buy, but are too expensive « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: movies you would like to buy, but are too expensive  (Read 5794 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 16, 2016, 11:19:53 AM »

There are so many i would like to buy but they are a little to pricey. Some movies that come to mind: phantasm, Deady spawn on blu ray, Versus. Etc.

exterminate all rational thought.....
Skull
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 12:53:15 PM »

There are so many i would like to buy but they are a little to pricey. Some movies that come to mind: phantasm, Deady spawn on blu ray, Versus. Etc.

I own Deady spawn :)

Pieces 1982 is what gets me... I've seen the story a dozen times on those cheap dvd sets but spending 25 dollars for same story is a little hardcore price for the Pieces fan...

Deep Red for 20 dollars is another, it's usually package as Deep Red: Hatchet Murders (or something) in a cheap DVD box set. I guess a good price for the hardcore Argento fan :)

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 07:41:24 PM »

I have a few that I've written notes to myself to check on periodically.

LAST DAYS OF THE PLANET EARTH - currently $100 on used VHS (!!)

TIME MASTERS - currently $123+ (!)

My best hope is that these get re-released some time.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 12:44:29 AM »

most of the out of print Criterion DVDs are insanely high

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 01:51:51 AM »

Agreed. I once had this in my hands

South Africa asking price: 600 SA Rand! That's almost $60! Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 11:20:34 AM »

Agreed. I once had this in my hands

South Africa asking price: 600 SA Rand! That's almost $60! Buggedout Buggedout

I badly wanted the Criterion version of Ran...........................so I paid $70 making it the most expensive movie I ever bought

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 03:43:59 PM »

THE BLACK SCORPION (1957)

Not SUPER expensive, but more than I want to pay for it, even used.

! No longer available Small | Large
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:00:42 PM by alandhopewell » Logged

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
316zombie
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 01:48:43 AM »

seriously guys...do people still buy VHS of any kind ? i have stuff that ebay won't even let me list....and nothing i CAN list sells.
  maybe i'll make a list for the T/O/S section..you pay shipping, you can have it,in some cases like my wall of home recorded tapes... hhmmm....maybe...
Archivist

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 07:37:09 PM »

seriously guys...do people still buy VHS of any kind ? i have stuff that ebay won't even let me list....and nothing i CAN list sells.
  maybe i'll make a list for the T/O/S section..you pay shipping, you can have it,in some cases like my wall of home recorded tapes... hhmmm....maybe...

How come eBay won't let you list certain VHS tapes?  I thought you could sell anything on eBay apart from babies, souls and asswhoopings.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Balibari
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 07:17:45 AM »

I'm writing a book on movies that are so bad they're good and have just had to splash out for Roller Blade Seven, Hell Squad and Rock n Roll Nightmare. Over £/$100 in all including import taxes, international postage costs etc. Goddamn publisher won't foot the bill. It's one thing paying big money for a movie you know will be great but for old crap like this... At least I've not spent as much as the Aussie Empire critic who wrote a similar book and spent 5k in a couple of months.
316zombie
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 04:47:44 PM »

they are video tapes without upc codes mostly, because they are imports i bought in chinatown in boston, and some are movies that friends overseas sent me that are technically banned in their own countries.

a few are because of the content, since i don't sell in the adult section, and some ebay has deemed pirated, even though they aren't. most are quite old, like 25-35 years old, and ebay has developed a bit of an attitude about listing stuff that's on tape that is OOP and hasn't been released on dvd in the states.
  an example, one is titled"hell", no upc code, no subtitles, EXTREMELY violent and gory, it's rumored it was a snuff film.
  things have changed ALOT on ebay in the last 5 years, believe me! another example, you aren't technically allowed to list movies with no picture in the listing. and you can't put anything in their "library" without a upc code, which they now demand that you allow them to do.
voltron

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 10:09:21 PM »

Death Screams (aka House Of Death)

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 09:55:35 AM »

I find the following DVDs are either hard to find/almost nonexistent or they are more expensive than they should be:

Avenging Force
Rawhead Rex
Bad Dreams
Cherry 2000
Fade to Black
Gleaming the Cube
Lifeforce
Little Darlings
Rad
Savage Streets
Sword and the Sorcerer

Most of these listed were about $40! Some over $100.

There are several others that I didn't bother listing that are around $15 to $20; at least reasonable, yet IMO they don't warrant even that much lol.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
claws
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 12:24:45 PM »

I think it's kind of frustrating that boutique labels release more or less obscure genre titles from yesteryear on blu-ray as exclusives, asking for $35 - $40+
The demand for physical media in the U.S. is shrinking while streaming gets more popular. Tough times for collectors who have to overpay for their favorites.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2016, 06:19:31 PM »

I think it's kind of frustrating that boutique labels release more or less obscure genre titles from yesteryear on blu-ray as exclusives, asking for $35 - $40+
The demand for physical media in the U.S. is shrinking while streaming gets more popular. Tough times for collectors who have to overpay for their favorites.

this greatly frustrates me

I'd much rather have a psychical copy of something and have no desire to stream movies

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  movies you would like to buy, but are too expensive « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.