Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:04:45 AM
714469 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Fox Fall Season thingie that I got from aintitcoolnews.com « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fox Fall Season thingie that I got from aintitcoolnews.com  (Read 1213 times)
Offthewall
« on: May 18, 2002, 10:16:27 PM »

Fox announced its fall schedule Thursday afternoon. The “on the bubble” shows that didn’t make it were “Dark Angel,” “Greg the Bunny,” “That ‘80s Show” and “Titus.”
The best by far of the “bubble” comedies, “Andy Richter Controls The Universe,” got a midseason order.
Here’s the new Fox sched:
Monday
8:00 Boston Public
9:00 Girls Club
Tuesday
8:00 That ‘70s Show
8:30 Grounded For Life
9:00 24
Wednesday
8:00 Bernie Mac
8:30 Cedric
9:00 Fast Lane
Thursday
8:00 30 Seconds to Fame
8:30 Meet the Marks
9:00 The Septuplets
Friday
8:00 Firefly
9:00 John Doe
Saturday
8:00 Cops
9:00 America’s Most Wanted
Sunday
7:00 Futurama
7:30 Oliver Beane
8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Malcolm in the Middle
9:30 The Grubbs

Someone predicted Greg and 80's show would be gone. I liked Greg, but thank god they canned that 80's show.
john
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2002, 01:24:52 AM »

What brilliant startegy; move Dark Angel to the worse night of the week and then act surprised when it tanks. Cancel it in favor of idiotic crap that is sure to get cancelled after 3-4 episodes. Yeah, that makes sense.

Personally, I'm boycotting Fox and all Fox owned channels. What's the point of watching them? Any show you get interested in will just get cancelled. I'm getting to the point where I *HATE* network TV. Rather than being able to just relax and enjoy the shows I like, I spend most of the time wondering if the show will get canned, ending on a cliffhanger that will never be resolved.
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2002, 02:56:19 AM »

Absolutely. My example would be the brilliant, hilarious Futurama; FOX execs kept complaining to creator Matt Groening that they didn't "get" it, sending memos requesting changes that often contradicted each other, until Groening started ignoring them. FOX promptly moved the show to Death Valley--7pm on Sundays--preempted it constantly, then put it "on hiatus" because the show was backlogged...a condition THEY created.

And even though Futurama was "backlogged," its season was still ended early with sixteen unshown episodes while FOX aired reruns of King of the Hill and Family Guy in multiple extra slots. In spite of a huge response to an online petition ( http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?futufu ), a heavy snail-mail campaign, and best-selling status of the Region 2 DVD Set, FOX continues to abuse the show to death. While the show is "on hiatus," the animation and writing staffs have been dismissed, to find work elsewhere--so this--barring a miracle--means the show is as good as dead.

Oh, look--they separated Futurama from the rest of the Sunday Night Animation Block with a live-action show set in the '50s. They've already killed it, and they still won't stop.

John's right: why watch FOX? Good or bad, the show you like will be killed by either low ratings or the rank incompetence of execs. Don't bother. When Futurama ends its next--and probably final--season on FOX, FOX disappears from my channel list.

http://www.gotfuturama.com
Majin Boo 2
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2002, 08:03:18 PM »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Why did Fox cancelled Dark Angle that was a good show even know is a X-Man rip-off. Boo Boo Wa.Offthewall wrote:
>
> Fox announced its fall schedule Thursday afternoon. The
> “on the bubble” shows that didn’t make it were “Dark Angel,”
> “Greg the Bunny,” “That ‘80s Show” and “Titus.”
> The best by far of the “bubble” comedies, “Andy Richter
> Controls The Universe,” got a midseason order.
> Here’s the new Fox sched:
> Monday
> 8:00 Boston Public
> 9:00 Girls Club
> Tuesday
> 8:00 That ‘70s Show
> 8:30 Grounded For Life
> 9:00 24
> Wednesday
> 8:00 Bernie Mac
> 8:30 Cedric
> 9:00 Fast Lane
> Thursday
> 8:00 30 Seconds to Fame
> 8:30 Meet the Marks
> 9:00 The Septuplets
> Friday
> 8:00 Firefly
> 9:00 John Doe
> Saturday
> 8:00 Cops
> 9:00 America’s Most Wanted
> Sunday
> 7:00 Futurama
> 7:30 Oliver Beane
> 8:00 The Simpsons
> 8:30 King of the Hill
> 9:00 Malcolm in the Middle
> 9:30 The Grubbs
>
>
> Someone predicted Greg and 80's show would be gone. I liked
> Greg, but thank god they canned that 80's show.
Lee
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2002, 09:57:14 PM »

Damnit!!! This is brilliant, cancell the couple of enjoyable shows they have(I liked That 80's Show) and replace it with stupid s**t! What's up with Dark Angel getting canned? Are they trying to avoid doing good TV? Fox has been going downhill since Married With Children was "retired".
Chris K.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2002, 11:18:27 PM »

Call me crazy or insane, but I definately liked TITUS. Why cancel the show is beyond me. I guess some of our "low brow sensitive audiences" couldn't take the show even though the same type of humor in TITUS can be found in such regular Fox shows like FUTURAMA and THE SIMPSONS.

Plus Stacy Ketch was a hoot in TITUS and he seemed to having a fun time on the show. Now their is an actor who can play a mean character that's likeable.

Oh well.
john
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2002, 01:54:17 AM »

Check these sites for what's being done to try and get Dark Angel back;

http://www.darkangeltv.com/
http://adinfinit.net/danation/

Of course it probably won't work. An article I read a while back said that networks don't pay attention to e-mail, letters and petitions. It said that the only thing the networks understand is money, so anything that threatens their profits is more likely to get their attention. Like boycotting any movies put out by Fox.

I had a different idea though; make a list of the companies that advertise on Fox shows, find addresses for them, and send them letters telling them that you're boycotting their products as long as they sponsor Fox shows. Write to companies that promote products based on Fox movies like Attack Of The Clones too. Then tell Fox what you're doing and why.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Fox Fall Season thingie that I got from aintitcoolnews.com « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.