Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:07:02 PM
714536 Posts in 53099 Topics by 7745 Members
Latest Member: Documentkgh
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A New Option to Watch Some Deranged Visions « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: A New Option to Watch Some Deranged Visions  (Read 11656 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 08:45:30 PM »

Wow, where did you find that shorting opening skit (film?) about the two hunters that plays before "Toys Are Not Meant For Children"?  That was so insane and yet hilarious.

It's from a movie called PRIME TIME (aka AMERICAN RASPBERRY). It's in the same vein as KENTUCKY FRIED MOVIE. You can watch the whole thing on Youtube. Pretty funny as long as you aren't too PC-minded. I would post it myself but the only existing copy I've ever seen is a rather soft and dark VHS rip. Warner Bros. released it, and I think they instantly scuttled the thing. If a good 35mm print could be found, I think there are a few companies who would release it, if WB allowed them.

And thanks for watching. I've lost two subscribers. When you have only 12, you feel a little hurt when a couple of them leave.

Did some research on someone said it was on Netflix, but I'm not subscribed to that right now.

Well, hey, I subscribed!  :)
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 07:30:14 AM »

WOOT!  I'm up to 13 subscribers! Time for more videos.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2017, 04:24:14 PM »

UPDATE!!!

Two new episodes, and one of them is a new show!

New series -- Deranged Visions Classics!

Intended to show examples of classic exploitation, primarily the sleazy roadshow flicks of the Forty Theives, as Dave Friedman often to them. I hope to pass on a bit of history in each episode's description. Hope it works. At least I shouldn't get my videos for this series blocked as 95% of these things are truly public domain.

Deranged Visions Classics: Reefer Madness (1936)/Marihuana (1936)  https://youtu.be/Fen8i_DZMMA

Starting with a double feature. Two classics, and both of them had connections to Dwain Esper, who, with his wife, acted like a low-key version of Michael and Roberta Findlay back in the day. What Dwain couldn't snatch by other means, he would shamelessly rip it off in one of his own production. MANIAC, with its Edgar Allen Poe overtones, has got to be his masterpiece of weirdness. And, yes, MANIAC is scheduled for posting in the near future.

And

Deranged Visions in Documentaries: Shocking Asia (1976)   https://youtu.be/_Zob0IjALjo

Another mondo film, this time focusing on Eastern cultures. It was a bit notorious back in the VHS era for its graphic footage of a sex change operation. Plus, it is just a bit weird. The whole bit about death rituals in India just about gagged me. I leave it for you to watch and find out why.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 09:18:11 PM »

UPDATE!!!

3 new episodes of Deranged Visions!

Deranged Visions Theatre:  Blood on Satan's Claw (1971)  https://youtu.be/q4U6D_Lsqsg

One of the best films ever released by Tigon British Film Productions. The simple story of evil accidentally unleashed on a small village. The evil takes the children in hand and makes them slaves to its will. Solid performances, great setting, and a wonderful sense of growing corruption and menace make this film stand out.

Remember, all you need to go with the flow is you Clampax Pontoons!

Deranged Visions in Documentaries: Savage Man, Savage Beast AKA Zumbalah (1975)  https://youtu.be/3XpKwY74-LA

As the used car salesman from DIRTY DUCK once said, "Oh, it's gonna be a nasty one!" One of the more infamous "mondo" films, SAVAGE MAN, SAVAGE BEAST focuses on man and animals and how they ultimately do the same things, but for utterly different reasons. Brutal and gruesome, it isn't something you want to screen for the kiddies instead of Animal Planet. Oh, that bit of the mercenaries killing and butchering the native -- fake. Of course, that doesn't mean it isn't horrifying to watch.

Deranged Visions in the Classroom: Stranger Danger  https://youtu.be/LsDuXu4h4Pk

We take a look at a few films that instruct us on how to avoid strangers with evil intent. First: Don't talk to strangers. Second: Let them find their own damn puppy/kitten. Third: Do you really know the hidden cost of that handful of candy the strange person is offering? The films start out simple and direct enough. Then it builds to the truly evil film called THE CHILD MOLESTER. Look it up on the internet, and you'll find dozens of comments from people scarred by this film when it was misguidedly shown to grade school kids. It was actually intended to be shown to parents groups and law enforcement. WARNING: Contains actual footage of the aftermath of two girls who were abducted by a pedophile/killer -- a case that the actual film is based on.

More weirdness soon on Deranged Visions!

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »

UPDATE!!! <cue cricket sound effects>

3 new episodes!

Deranged Visions Theatre: Bury Me an Angel (1972)  https://youtu.be/JnfyutWcd3k

A majorly b***hin' cool biker babe and her two scuzzy friends hump their hogs while looking for the man who shot her brother. Meet a sheriff shorter than a millennial's attention span. Watch the low-rent bar fight and its bare-bones choreography. See the self-proclaimed witch woman of the desert.

Ah, screw it. Guys, watch for Dixie Peabody getting naked; ladies, you get a young Dan Haggerty is various states of nudity.

Here is Dixie Peabody emoting:

Deranged Visions in Documentaries: Encounter with the Unknown (1973)  https://youtu.be/hGLP7abrysg

One of those films that ranks up there with the Sunn Classic films of the 70s, except this one barely ranks as a documentary. You get three urban/rural legends reworked into family-friendly twaddle with earnest but poor acting and made with a budget that might buy me enough pizza for a week or two.

Honestly, I find this to be a fun little film. Rod Serling does the narration. Not sure why, but he was probably used to draw in fans of THE TWILIGHT ZONE. As a bonus, you get Rosie Holotik and Gene Ross from DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT in the final story. That should get your bad movie motor running.

Deranged Visions in the Classroom: Drugs are Bad, M'kay?  https://youtu.be/1pgG8ManuPA

This time around we look at the evils of drugs, drug abuse, and drug addiction. Almost 3 hours of fun and enlightenment. You learn how to pick out the heroin addict from a crowd. You discover that LSD can make a simple trip to a hot dog stand become a nightmare of screaming proportions. You are told how marijuana is a gateway drug and potentially worse than any other drug out there. You are exposed to the slimy underbelly of the drug trade and how they turn clean-cut kids into slobbering zombies who only live for that next high.

Personally, other than the hot dog incident, the biggest highlight is watching two kids build some weird device in one of the shorts; it looks like they might have been stoned while building it.

Oh, and look for Kevin Tighe from the hit series EMERGENCY! in the classic NARCOTICS: PIT OF DESPAIR.

Stay strong and stay deranged, folks!

AoTFan

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2017, 01:42:45 AM »

Deranged Visions in Documentaries: Shocking Asia (1976)   https://youtu.be/_Zob0IjALjo

Another mondo film, this time focusing on Eastern cultures. It was a bit notorious back in the VHS era for its graphic footage of a sex change operation. Plus, it is just a bit weird. The whole bit about death rituals in India just about gagged me. I leave it for you to watch and find out why.

Ah, man, this one REALLY messed with my head when I first saw it.  They show this clip of all these topless females in Singapore and how they're all hanging out and stuff and the narrator talks about how they do each others hair and nails and talk about "the problem."  And I'm like, "The problem?  Probably some female thing..." And keep in mind, these women are rather petite and not very top heavy, but they're not bad, you know?  I'm getting interested when suddenly they reveal what the "problem" is.  

To paraphrase Austin Powers, "They're MEN, baby!"  

And they don't just tell you the girls are men, they SHOW how they're men.  (Or whatever you want to call them.)  So, to quote Deadpool, "You've gone and confused the %#^ out of my hormones!"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 11:47:18 PM by AoTFan » Logged
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2017, 10:10:47 AM »

Deranged Visions in Documentaries: Shocking Asia (1976)   https://youtu.be/_Zob0IjALjo

Ah, man, this one REALLY messed with my head when I first saw it.  They show this clip of all these topless female in Singapore and how they're all hanging out and stuff and the narrator talks about how they do each others hair and nails and talk about "the problem."  And I'm like, "The problem?  Probably some female thing..." And keep in mind, these women are rather petite and not very top heavy, but they're not bad, you know?  I'm getting interested when suddenly they reveal what the "problems". 

To paraphrase Austin Powers, "They're MEN, baby!" 

And they don't just tell you're the girls are men, they SHOW how they're men.  (Or whatever you want to call them.)  So, to quote Deadpool, "You've gone and confused the %#^ out of my hormones!"

If you want more "confusing" gender stuff, locate a copy of "Let Me Die a Woman". It's mainly confusing because it was directed by Doris Wishman.

I tried to post it, but it kept being blocked, so, sadly, you won't be seeing it on my Youtube channel, unless I can find a way to spoof their algorithms into not recognizing the video.

And thank you for viewing the channel and helping keep this thread near the top of the list.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2017, 08:12:42 PM »

UPDATE!!!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!

New episode!

Deranged Visions Theatre Double Feature: Blood Song (1982) / Welcome Home Brother Charles (1975)  https://youtu.be/e017vWYO6CY

To celebrate the 4th, we have a double feature!

First, we have BLOOD SONG. Psycho killer escapes the nut house and goes on a killing spree while a young, crippled girl has visions of each murder. Donna Wilkes stars. Man, she was a cutie back in the day! Also, the psycho killer? Played by squeaky-clean Frankie Avalon. And he does a fairly good job of being creepy and threatening.

Second, we have one of the weirdest blaxploitation films ever made. WELCOME HOME BROTHER CHARLES, aka SOUL VENGEANCE, tells the story of a regular guy who is mistreated by The Man. While in prison, he learns a secret that he will use to seek revenge. Wait until you see the murder weapon! I guess you can't say that he isn't dicking around.

Check out the trailers, the utterly rude and very un-PC ventriloquist dummy, the short bump-and-grind routine, and 10 minutes of drive-in intermission craziness because we finally have an episode long enough to earn a real intermission.

AoTFan

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 01:35:30 AM »

I just got done watching Candy Snatchers, wow what crazy ending that was.  Grindhouse films of the 70s tended to do that a lot, huh?
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 03:18:41 AM »

I just got done watching Candy Snatchers, wow what crazy ending that was.  Grindhouse films of the 70s tended to do that a lot, huh?

THE CANDY SNATCHERS is one of those rare films that is both well-placed in the exploitation film market while incorporating more than a bit from foreign thrillers. I like how everything keeps changing for the main characters even though they try so hard to stick with the original plan.

It's one of my favorites, and you are right about that ending. Kinda leaves you sitting there, going, "But she...and now he...OH MY GOD!"

Since you mentioned this film, I'll post a similar film called SAVAGE ABDUCTION aka CYCLE PSYCHOS aka THE BLOODY SLAYING OF SARAH RIDELANDER. Kind of an even-lower-budget version of the same thing, but worth checking out for being weird and starring Steve Oliver, the great star of WEREWOLVES ON WHEELS.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2017, 01:04:20 PM »

!!UPDATE!!

Two new Deranged Theatre episodes!!

Deranged Visions Theatre: Tunnelvision (1976)  https://youtu.be/nYCesRYNN7M

I'll be blunt and say it just this way: If you are a special snowflake, butt-hurt, cry-baby millennial, don't watch this episode. It will scar you in ways you cannot conceive. You will demand we make reparations for a past we cannot change and did not personally have direct influence upon. You may faint at the brazen use of racial slurs and ethic stereotypes in support of crude and insensitive jokes and humor.

Stay in your Safe Zone. Meditate on photos of Andrea Dworkin. Continue to deny the value or dignity of anything that happened before your birth. Keep to your hive-minded non/multi-gendered group.

For anyone without a silver stick up your ass, you might find it crude but funny. See what I did there? Oh, and insert a nice fart joke in here somewhere.

Deranged Visions Theatre: Savage Abduction (1973)   https://youtu.be/3lVxE4D0SC4

As a way of thanking AoTFan for the support, I am posting a film similar to THE CANDY SNATCHERS. Trust me when I say it isn't half as good, but it does manage to be weirder.

Perverted hitman requests two young girls as payment for a recent job. His intentions are not fun and games. Well, they won't be for the girls. So a biker gang is hired to do the snatching. Not the best employees.

It's got a weird "Last House on the Left" vibe as you are never quite sure what will be done to the girls or when. And it has a rather twisted ending, in its own simple way.

Archivist

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 04:52:12 AM »

I don't know what else you can source, but I'm trying to find an American or Canadian educational film for teenagers that was probably made in the early 80's.  It talks about peer pressure, drugs and alcohol and features a lot of animation in a rather trippy and psychedelic style.  I wish I knew what the name of it was; it was played for us at school in about 1987.

If you've got anything like that, PSA type educational films with a trippy vibe, please share!

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2017, 05:08:47 AM »

I don't know what else you can source, but I'm trying to find an American or Canadian educational film for teenagers that was probably made in the early 80's.  It talks about peer pressure, drugs and alcohol and features a lot of animation in a rather trippy and psychedelic style.  I wish I knew what the name of it was; it was played for us at school in about 1987.

If you've got anything like that, PSA type educational films with a trippy vibe, please share!

I'll do some digging this weekend. Some of the more recent educational films are still owned and controlled by the production companies, but it is definitely worth checking into.

Anything specific you can think of would also help to track it down.

And thanks for asking!   Cheers

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2017, 09:02:31 AM »

Is it this one?

! No longer available Small | Large

Or maybe this one?

! No longer available Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:19:07 AM by javakoala » Logged

Archivist

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2017, 04:31:23 AM »

It's neither of those, but darn, they are great.  Thank you for pointing them out.  

Anything made for the National Institute of Mental Health in those days is right up my alley.  I love the Social Seminar series with Bunny, Guy, Tom etc.  While I didn't grow up in that time, much of the media on TV during my childhood was from that time, so it resonates with me well.

I remember two scenes in the PSA teenager film we watched: one was of an animation of a kid walking down the street slowly with lots of neon signs and billboards flashing around him, symbolizing social influences.  Another scene was of his parents attaching a hose to his foot, and pumping air into his body saying 'Son!' with each air burst. The kid's body inflated with each pump, symbolizing how parental expectations can 'pump up' a child.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:41:56 AM by Archivist » Logged

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A New Option to Watch Some Deranged Visions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.