Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:42:06 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  RIP Adam West. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RIP Adam West.  (Read 5611 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 10, 2017, 10:52:34 AM »

RIP Adam West, I have never been able to look at rubber sharks in quite the same way thanks to you.

Adam West, the star of the classic 1960s Batman television series, has died at the age of 88 after a short battle with Leukemia.

“Our dad always saw himself as The Bright Knight, and aspired to make a positive impact on his fans’ lives. He was and always will be our hero,” his family said in a statement.

West became an icon by playing the Caped Crusader on ABC's Batman television show, which became a surprise hit when it premiered in 1966. West's Batman is known for its campy humor and though the character has taken a darker and more serious tone over the decades, the television series remains a fan favorite.

West celebrated the 50th anniversary of Batman with a guest appearance on the 200th episode of The Big Bang Theory. West reprised his role as the Dark Knight by voicing Batman, alongside his co-star Burt Ward as Robin, the 2016 animated movie Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders.

West made his feature film in The Young Philadelphians in 1959 acting alongside Paul Newman. He also appeared in the Three Stooges movie The Outlaws Is Coming. More recent roles including a recurring voice acting job playing himself as the mayor of Quahog on Family Guy and roles in The Happy Hooker, Hooper, The Rapture, and The New Age.

In the 1990s, West wrote the memoir Back to the Batcave which recounted his years playing Batman on television and how he was disappointed that he wasn’t offered the opportunity to reprise his role when Batman was brought to the big screen by director Tim Burton in 1989.

Adam West was born William West Anderson in Walla Walla, Washington in 1928. He took the stage name Adam West when he began his entertainment career in Hawaii in the 1950s, starring in local kids shows.

West is survived by his wife, Marcelle, six children, five grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 11:04:04 AM »

Adam West from LADY CHATTERLEY'S LOVER 2? (MST3K reference)

A pleasant pop culture presence, he'll be missed. I admire that he was never afraid to be the butt of the joke.

R.I.P.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pacman000
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 11:04:44 AM »

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/adam-west-dead-dies-batman-1202461532/

This is sad. :(
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 12:27:09 PM »

sad. why the hell is this not more important in the news cycle? the man was an icon. he seemed to be a genuinely nice person and ive always appreciated how he had a sense of humor about himself and his character, that says alot about someone. I never realized that he was 88 years old, though the original show was before my time, i did catch some reruns of it as a kid and Ill never forget the rubber shark, the shark-repellent or the Bat-broom. it was scarred into my mind at an early age. RIP Adam.

exterminate all rational thought.....
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 05:16:46 PM »

R.I.P., Mr. West. Your light will always shine brightly.

I think I may have hastened his death by posting DOIN' TIME ON PLANET EARTH, a film he probably didn't want to resurface.

And why is it that we have Family Guy regulars dying, but The Simpsons continue? I think they've made a pact with Satan over at The Simpsons.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 05:36:10 PM »

RIP Batman

:(

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 11:09:37 PM »

The world has lost a hero. 

I can remember a time years back when the West Batman "wasn't cool".  Batman was supposed to be grim and serious and not treated like a joke.  I'm glad to see that West lived long enough to see his legacy embraced again.  He even got to get back into the batsuit (although in animated form).

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 11:19:19 PM »

Another piece of my childhood gone . . .  Bluesad

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 07:24:37 AM »

I know, right? First, it was the dinosaurs, then the Crusades, then Prohibition, now this. Us older folks are losing everything that made our childhoods so interesting.

Just giving you s**t, Indy. I understand. As a friend of mine (our age) said, "To us, Adam West IS Batman. Everyone else since then are pretenders to the crown."

Again, rest in peace, Mr. West. Family Guy will never be the same without you.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 08:28:11 AM »

I know, right? First, it was the dinosaurs, then the Crusades, then Prohibition, now this. Us older folks are losing everything that made our childhoods so interesting.

Just giving you s**t, Indy. I understand. As a friend of mine (our age) said, "To us, Adam West IS Batman. Everyone else since then are pretenders to the crown."

Again, rest in peace, Mr. West. Family Guy will never be the same without you.

Didn't anyone tell you? Dinosaurs aren't really gone, they are living behind your furniture.  I think there's a velociraptor in your credenza, actually.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 04:16:00 PM »

ADAM WEST is BATMAN.  Good night to a true icon! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 02:28:47 AM »

RIP Mr West.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 02:46:30 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 04:56:57 PM »

I always been fan of Adam West I remember started watching reruns of Batman on WUAB 43 here in Ohio every weekday in the mid 70s. I also remembering watching him in a lot of stuff in my childhood like comedies like Hooper and The Happy Hooker Goes To Hollywood and Lady Chatterley Lover 2 ( both I sneak to watch )  to horror The famous b zombie movie Zombie Nightmare . RIP Mr. West aka Bruce Wayne aka Batman. 😢
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 06:47:02 PM »

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  RIP Adam West. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.