Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:26:58 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Impressive Ensembles « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Impressive Ensembles  (Read 4226 times)
AndyC
« on: May 22, 2002, 08:14:51 PM »

What would you say was the most remarkable group of bad movie actors you've seen in the same movie. This would a combination you wouldn't have imagined until you saw it.

For me, the idea of William Shatner, Ernest Borgnine and John Travolta in the same movie was what made me buy The Devil's Rain a while back. A really disappointing movie, but what a combination of actors.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2002, 09:31:55 PM »

Haven't seen it, but Mortuary Academy has a very impressive list of cult actors: Paul Bartel, Mary Woronov, Dick Miller, Tracey Walter (Miller from Repo Man), Cesar Romero, and Wolfman Jack.

If you want to include A-movie actors in decidedly B-movies, there are a handful of embarassing movies from the 60s and 70s that fit the bill; my favorite is the Story of Mankind, with Harpo Marx as Sir Isaac Newton, Dennis Hopper as Napoleon, Peter Lorre as Nero, Hedy LaMarr as Joan of Arc, Groucho Marx as Peter Minuet, John Carradine as Pharoah Khufu, and Vincent Price as the Devil.
B.D. Nev
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2002, 09:57:53 PM »

Mary Woronov, pick me please!!!!!
Steven Millan
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2002, 02:57:51 AM »

Here are the following:
            *  "Johnny Mnemonic" : Keanu Reeves,Dina Meyers,Dolph Lundgren,Ice-T,
          Udo Kier, "Beat" Takeshi Kitano,Henry Rollins(talk about the ultimate dream
      cast project of the 90s. Fred Olen Ray must have been jealous that he didn't
     get to direct this!!!).
             * "Jungle Warriors" : Paul Smith,Nina Van Pallandt,John Vernon,Alex Cord,
        Sybil Danning,Woody Strode,Marjoe Gortner,Dana Elcar....Dennis Hopper
       was orignally intended to join the cast,but was caught runned naked in the jungle,high on LSD(wouldn't that made this more of a dream cast ensemble).
               * "Chained Heat" : Linda Blair,Stella Stevens,Sybil Danning,John Vernon,Henry Silva,Monique Gabrielle,Tamara Dobson("Cleopatra Jones" herself),Edy Williams,Nina Talbot,John Aprea,Jennifer Ashley(the ultimate dream cast of the 80s)
                *  "Chesty Anderson,USN" : Shari Eubanks,Rosanne Keaton,Fred Willard,Betty Thomas,Dyanne Thorne,Timothy Carey,Scatman Crothers,Uschi Digart(next to "The Devil's Rain",second ultimate dream cast of the 70s)
                * "Hellhole" : Ray Sharkey,Judy Landers,Mary Woronov,Marjoe Gortner,
 Dyanne Thorne,Edy Williams,Terry Moore,Robert Z'Dar,
                 If anyone find any dream cast film with Fred Williamson,Roddy Piper,or
 Bruce campbell,please post it here...
J.R.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2002, 03:01:45 AM »

One of the best B casts I have ever witnessed was in "Icebreaker": Bruce Campbell, Sean "The Kid Who Was In Goonies But Now He's Fat And He's Samwise Gamgee" Astin and Stacey Keach.
J.R.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2002, 03:01:47 AM »

One of the best B casts I have ever witnessed was in "Icebreaker": Bruce Campbell, Sean "The Kid Who Was In Goonies But Now He's Fat And He's Samwise Gamgee" Astin and Stacey Keach.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2002, 06:47:08 AM »

Just curious, but have Bruce Campbell and Jeffrey Combs ever been in the same movie?
Mofo Rising
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2002, 07:02:02 AM »

According to IMDb, Bruce Campbell and Jeffrey Combs have never appeared in the same film.

And by an amazing coincidence, I just watched AMERICAN GOTHIC last night.  It had an amazing casts including Rod Steiger, Yvonne De Carlo and Michael J. Pollard.

What?  That's not an amazing cast?  Fine.  I'm taking my ball and going home.
Squishy
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2002, 09:01:24 AM »

Venom features Klaus Kinski, Nicol Williamson, Oliver Reed, Susan George, Michael Gough, and Sterling Hayden in a battle of the accents that must be heard to be believed.
Flangepart
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2002, 11:20:41 AM »

Gotta catch that with the picture off, just to pracice my dialects. Oh, yeah. Like "Braveheart", if ya got no ear for accents, you will be left in the dust, asking "Hah?". Confuse your friends!
Will
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2002, 11:48:21 AM »

If I ever get to direct a film, it'll star Jeffrey Combs, Bruce Campbell, Ted Raimi, Traci Lords, Asia Argento, Patty Mullins, Jamez Lorinz, Roddy Piper, Sandahl Bergman, Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, and Antonella Fulci.  That would rock.
jmc
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2002, 02:52:55 PM »

I've always dug the casts of the Cannonball Run movies.   Burt Reynolds, Dom Deluise, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Richard Kiel, Jacky Chan, Jamie Farr, Clyde the Orangutan, Jim Nabors, Tim Conway, George "Goober" LIndsey, and a few other people....
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2002, 03:09:00 PM »

Yeah but the Cannonball Run movies were intentionally grabbing celebrities for cameos
Vermin Boy
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2002, 09:51:31 PM »

Don't know if it counts, but "Voobaha," a mock-retrospective of Barnes & Barnes (the guys who did "Fish Heads") has one of the most amazing guest lists I've ever seen (all completely making stuff up): "Weird Al" Yankovic, Jose Ferrer, Steven Stills, David Cassidy, Woody Herman, Dr. Demento, Mark Hamill, Rosemary Clooney, Rae Dawn Chong, the band America, Jonathan "Dr. Smith" Harris, Shirley Jones, Joe Siegel (creator of Superman), Wild Man Fischer, Booji Boy (Devo's mascots)... Plus, the music videos feature pre-star performances by Bill Paxton, Teri Hatcher, Miguel Ferrer, and Flea!
J.R.
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2002, 02:31:02 AM »

Also throw in Joe Estevez, Rutger Hauer, Robert Z'Dar and Stacy Keach, and you will have The Greatest Cast Ever..
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Impressive Ensembles « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.