Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:11:35 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 321594 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1005 on: February 25, 2019, 02:58:58 PM »

Went upto Glasgow last night for the concert with Stewart and Kristi. Met up with Dave in our usual  bar beforehand. Made Dave feel old when I pointed out we had known each other for almost 30 years now. At one point I went up to get some drinks, got served right away and returned. Dave was shocked I'd been served so quickly and asked what my secret was. I told him "Good looks mate, you should try them some time."

We then went down to the gig hall. Dave had seen them ten years ago and said they were the worst band he'd ever seen. Didn't seem to stop him from enjoying them, although we were somewhat nonplussed with the Frank Zappa tribute act, as were almost all of the crowd (and half the 7 piece band. The drummer looked like he might have played with Zappa back in the 60's, the keyboard player didn't look like he wanted to be there and indeed was spending some time in some different dimension to the rest of us, one sax player looked disinterested in the whole night while the other one looked, well lets say strange). I can't fault the musicanship, but the songs... the opener 'Dirty Love' seemed ok, but by the time we got into Penguins in bondage and farming dental floss in Montana.

I am sure he has his fans and more power to them but lets just say I am not one of them and leave it at that.

Oh, also managed to make Stewart feel old by pointing out it was thirteen years ago that we went to see 'The Almighty'.

Anyway, Tragedy were great. Was nice to see them playing to a full venue after their Inverness show being rather undersold. Both me and Kristi were disappointed Sweet Caroline wasn't on the set list, but it was still a really fun night.

Got up this morning to discover my little sisters boy friend had died in his sleep. I'd never met the guy, but obviously she is pretty upset about it. It is also my mum's birthday today. We had planned on taking her out for a meal and so forth, but we'd to change plans. Me and Kristi had to pop out to the local supermarket for a few things, and took Ash out. He didn't seem comfortable in the buggy he was in so I picked him up to hold him for a bit. He fell asleep on my shoulder so I ended up carrying him home. He went to sleep on my shoulder. Ash seems to be keeping his auntie Elizabeth distracted. He had a tiny bit of birthday cake and the suger has supercharged him.

Going to be a fun night then.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1006 on: February 26, 2019, 02:02:26 AM »

Dave was shocked I'd been served so quickly and asked what my secret was. I told him "Good looks mate, you should try them some time."

TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1007 on: February 26, 2019, 01:59:34 PM »

Alex and Dave, I think Alex wins on the looks while Dave wins on the beard

Stewart went for a bit of cosplay as a BeeGee

Alex had a lot of a silver lamé covered ass in his face all night
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1008 on: February 26, 2019, 02:10:25 PM »

Back home again. Was a lovely day for traveling, nice scenery out the window and all that jazz. Popped into Static and picked up the last Firefly expansion, so we now have the full game. Just need an effing massive table to play the whole thing on now lol. Just the basic game is a bit of a stretch to fit on an average dining table never mind adding on two new boards.

Still, it is a fun game and evokes the TV series nicely. I look forward to stealing everything of any worth in the 'verse.

Shiney.

Had a bath and a shave (I consider stubble a vital thing to have before going to any metal type concert. When you spend your time up the front you tend to find people sticking their arms over your shoulder. This I don't mind but when their sweaty arms start getting rubbed up and down your face I get all kinds of objectionable to that. A bit of stubble burn tends to get even the most enthusiastic arm waver to reconsider where he is going to put his appendages. And if that doesn't work, then a well placed back heel with my boot will generally do the trick or if not and in extremis, I sink my teeth into their forearm or rear headbutt), but I am so glad to get it all shaved off. Even if my job didn't require it I would still be clean shaven most days.

Asked Kristi if she wanted to watch a movie with Sir Ben Kingsley in it to which she enthusiastically agreed.

Guess she hasn't heard of Bloodrayne before then. Heh heh heh.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1009 on: February 26, 2019, 02:11:11 PM »

Alex and Dave, I think Alex wins on the looks while Dave wins on the beard

Stewart went for a bit of cosplay as a BeeGee

Alex had a lot of a silver lamé covered ass in his face all night

Ahem, I think you will find that was Stewart. Indeed he took a photograph of said posterior.

Oh, and just to make it clear. This particular Dave is Concerts Dave.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 02:21:45 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

316zombie
« Reply #1010 on: February 26, 2019, 04:21:55 PM »

One of mine and Kristi's friends who likes to bake (and does some quite fancy cakes. She did our wedding cake as a present for us) has been asked to compete on Food Networks Halloween Baking Contest. I have no idea if this is a big deal or not, but wishing her all the luck in the auditions and whatnot.

Maybe I should get her and Barri chatting?

The weekend has rolled around and I have a few extra days of freedom. Got the Tragedy gig on Sunday, then taking my mum out for a meal on Monday for her birthday.

Got a tech instruction in today that had an expiry date of the 30th of Feb on it... Going to have to have a word with someone what I get back next week on why that doesn't really work.

1 can't bake worth a damn, except for cornbread,brownies and cookies, but i always watch that show! PM me her name so i can root for her, please! that is VERY prestigious, just so you know. it's like..  it's like if i was invited to compete on top chef!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 03:00:18 PM by chefzombie » Logged
316zombie
« Reply #1011 on: February 26, 2019, 04:26:12 PM »

that reminds me, i need to message stewart.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1012 on: February 26, 2019, 04:28:31 PM »

One of mine and Kristi's friends who likes to bake (and does some quite fancy cakes. She did our wedding cake as a present for us) has been asked to compete on Food Networks Halloween Baking Contest. I have no idea if this is a big deal or not, but wishing her all the luck in the auditions and whatnot.

Maybe I should get her and Barri chatting?

The weekend has rolled around and I have a few extra days of freedom. Got the Tragedy gig on Sunday, then taking my mum out for a meal on Monday for her birthday.

Got a tech instruction in today that had an expiry date of the 30th of Feb on it... Going to have to have a word with someone what I get back next week on why that doesn't really work.

barri can't bake worth a damn, except for cornbread,brownies and cookies, but i always watch that show! PM me her name so i can root for her, please! that is VERY prestigious, just so you know. it's like..  it's like if i was invited to compete on top chef!

I've sent you her name.

that reminds me, i need to message stewart.

I'd do that quickly, he isn't a nightowl like me and will be in bed soon.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1013 on: February 27, 2019, 02:20:58 AM »

Poor Kristi had to get up at 02:30 this morning when Ash decided to wake up. At half five I decided, well I am not getting back to sleep, might as well get up and join them. They've both managed to go back to bed now and hopefully, both of them will get a good sleep.

Our unseasonably (but getting increasingly common) warm February continues. I'll wait to see the weather from March through to May before I decide if that is a good thing or not. India and Pakistan are launching strikes over each other's borders. Hmm, wonder how the Ukranian war is going? Not seen anything on the news about it for months. Funny how things like that can sink into the background and be forgotten about while somewhere like Syria remains front and centre in the news.

Picked up a wash (basically a thin paint used to bring out shadows) for my figures at the weekend, something I've ever bothered with before. Done my first paratrooper squad and some Desert Rats with it. Not convinced it really makes much difference to be honest, but hey I've bought the paint so I'll use it until it runs out.

Ever met someone who is capable of just killing someone without thinking twice about it? Met a couple of them through my life. I believe the technical term is a functional psychopath. These are the guys who, if you get into a fight with them have to think about what they are doing to just injure you. I vaguely remember a conversation one of them was having with some younger guy who was convinced he could kill someone himself without a problem (it's funny, but even though only around 1% of people are naturally able to kill, 99% of the population seems to think they come under that 1%). The answer he got was something along the lines of if you can kill someone, you would have by now. The full thing was a bit longer than that, but that was the gist of it. I think the general idea was that everyone will have been in a situation where they could potentially do it.

Wonder what both of them are doing now? That conversation was over 30 years ago. Think the older guy was George. No idea about the younger one though.

Funny, I make no effort to stay in touch with most people, but regardless they hang around in my memory.

The weather report was just on. Apparently, today is the last day of nice weather, just in time for Spring to start (think Friday is the official start date). Dress rehearsal tonight with an audience and the show on Saturday. Then, as long as we don't win I can retire from acting (unless they actually let Kristi get more involved).

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1014 on: February 27, 2019, 01:07:40 PM »

Have a random picture from the train journey home yesterday.

Yup, northeastern Scotland at the arse end of Feb is apparently now going to be a sunny place.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1015 on: February 27, 2019, 04:26:49 PM »

Cast photo from tonight.

From left to right (back row first) you have me as the warden, Fifi the french poodle, the visitor, Fritz the German Shepard. The front row is Ben the Mongrel and Ginger the puppy.

316zombie
« Reply #1016 on: February 27, 2019, 08:43:41 PM »

what's the name of this play? * stewart has been really helpful! thank you for putting him in touch with me!*
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1017 on: February 28, 2019, 01:35:30 AM »

No problem Barri, glad I could help. I figured with him having had a transplant and working for the NHS he could answer questions with more perspectives than most.

Oh and since he is an engineer who works with doctors feel free to call him Howard Walowitz.

The play is called 'A Dogs Life' and is by Pam Valentine.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1018 on: February 28, 2019, 01:48:24 AM »

Cast photo from tonight.

From left to right (back row first) you have me as the warden, Fifi the french poodle, the visitor, Fritz the German Shepard. The front row is Ben the Mongrel and Ginger the puppy.

Nice  Smile

The last play I was in was Julius Squeezer in high school: I played the lead role and some of the conspirators stuck me with loose switchblades so that they seemed to go in.  Buggedout That apart, when someone said "Peace: count the clock" and it was supposed to chime, someone set off his digital watch alarm.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1019 on: February 28, 2019, 06:42:39 AM »

Had a rough morning this morning. My pancreas is stopping working which has given me diabetes and it's gotten bad enough that I had to start taking medication (this was always going to have to happen sooner or later) to compensate, so they've given me Metformin. This has an initial adjustment period for the human body and I spent a lot of time last night with stomach cramps, gas and frequent toilet sprints.

Now that should be an olympic sport. Give a bunch of people stuff making them need the toilet, and put a number of toilets at the other end of the track (but not quite enough for everyone). I am willing to bet there would be a few land speed records broken trying not to miss out on making it to the toilets first.

Anyway, went into work, saw one of the medics and he signed me off work for the rest of the week. Guess that means the weekend starts now w0000t!

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.