Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:26:27 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 322101 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1110 on: April 21, 2019, 04:20:21 AM »

Got up with Ash this morning and fed him breakfast before he could get any chocolate. Trouble is, today he seems to be a bottomless pit. Gave him some baby crackers while I made him some scrambled egg and tomatos, then he had a bottle of fruit juice, a chocolate bunny, a  yoghurt and then when they got up he wanted Kristi's and his grans breakfasts. I then put hm up for a nap with a full bottle of milk. Guess he is prepping for a growth spurt.

Going over to Stewarts for a BBQ later, and then tomorrow we'll be heading up to Glasgow for the concert. Shame it is only a long weekend. A few days off work spending time with Kristi would have been nice. Looks like a good day for it.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1111 on: April 21, 2019, 05:35:16 AM »

I have decided that when Ash is older that I am going to tell him that when zombie Jesus came back from the dead he was hungry for brains, but the townspeople distracted him by offering him chocolate eggs and this is the reason for easter eggs.

So may zombie Jesus accept your offerings of chocolate and not eat the brains of you and your families.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #1112 on: April 22, 2019, 03:16:41 AM »

the easter date thing. some guy named constantine, i think he was a pope, he decided easter HAD to be the first sunday after the first full moon after spring solstice. i'm betting he was into politics.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1113 on: April 23, 2019, 11:47:34 AM »

Some pictures from our weekend away.

Ash about to start on part of his easter bunny.

And ten seconds later.

Ash with my younger brother.

And with his cousin.

And with his gran who was trying to get him to play in a ball pit, but he kept just climbing out.

With my younger sister playing football.

And finally being all sleepy on the way home, but refusing to sleep unless daddy was holding him.

316zombie
« Reply #1114 on: April 23, 2019, 05:27:23 PM »

aha, it's a ball pit! i wondered why gramma was sitting in a lounging pool, lol!  Cheers
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1115 on: April 23, 2019, 05:44:23 PM »

the easter date thing. some guy named constantine, i think he was a pope, he decided easter HAD to be the first sunday after the first full moon after spring solstice. i'm betting he was into politics.

As I understand it, the reason Easter moves around is that it is tied to Passover, which is based on the Jewish lunar calendar rather than the solar calendar the Western World uses.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1116 on: April 25, 2019, 03:07:51 PM »

The joy of knowing that I have a mere 1529 days to go. In 1529, the Ottoman empire was repelled as they failed to break Austrian forces on the walls of Vienna. The first European settlement in what would later become Argentina was destroyed by angry natives and let me get this right... in the War of the League of Cognac, a French army was destroyed in Italy by the Spanish.

Went into work feeling really happy and got lots of complaints about my cheerfulness. In the afternoon I was getting complaints about being grumpy. So from now on, that will be my pattern. Happy in the morning and miserable in the afternoon. Spent most of the day working on my stand for tomorrows staff ride, which basically meant making paper airplanes. Ryan did complain about this and wanted me to do some 'real' work, but as I pointed out to him I had spent the day actually working on airplanes while he had merely done some stuff on a computer. Anyway, I have paper Valiants, Victors and Vulcan's each of which has a payload of bombs they can drop on airfields ranging from Egyptian air force ones in the Suez Crisis to Port Stanley airfield during the Falklands.

We decided to order Chinese food tonight. The local place does massive portions which we can never quite finish, but hey I am sure I can have some for breakfast tomorrow. For some reason I am in the mood to watch 'Howard the Duck' and 'Snakes on a Plane'. I may have to spend this weekend watching some trash. I did get around to watching a show that everyone kept telling me I needed to watch. Love, Death & Robots. Liked a couple of the episodes although I didn't find it to be hugely different from other shows I've seen. Maybe a bit more sex, but it was all animated and that really doesn't do it for me. Not a bad show by any means, and I think my favourite episode might have been the first one. If there is a second season no doubt I'll watch that too, although I wouldn't go subscribing to any streaming services just to get to see it.

Oh well, time to go listen to some music. Have fun people.

316zombie
« Reply #1117 on: April 25, 2019, 04:30:22 PM »

indy, we're both right, but i was mostly kidding, lol!  Cheers
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1118 on: April 27, 2019, 03:18:25 AM »

You know, it is just possible that one day everyone will accept that vaccinations are a good thing.

Maybe even all people will accept that the earth isn't flat.

Pretty sure though that no matter what, some people just will never accept that the earth doesn't revolve around them.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 05:42:01 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1119 on: April 27, 2019, 01:58:31 PM »

Got some pictures from the trip to the local aircraft museum. There are more planes and stuff than I took pictures of, but here is the stuff I did bother with.

Front end of a Vulcan and Canberra bombers.

I have no idea why they have a bunch of old fire engines kicking around, but here is an one from my childhood.

Valiant bomber cockpit.

Another old fire engine, a green goddess.

Nimrod maritime patrol aircraft. During the Falklands War, these had sidewinders fitted to them making them the largest fighter planes ever.

The largest biplane ever made apparently. I disremember the name.

Lightning front end.

Jaguar.

Another shot of the biplane.

Bunch of fire engines.

The staff are quite happy to open up the aircraft and let you climb in the cockpits if you like that kind of thing.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1120 on: April 27, 2019, 02:36:20 PM »

Watching a film I have never seen the whole of before, Soylent Green. I know what the surprise ending is though having seen bits and pieces of the movie here and there over the years. Kristi is out with some girls for a hen night. Been trying to get her to go out for a girls night out since we got married so its nice that she has finally gone out on one. I don't imagine she'll get drunk or anything, but I do hope she has a good time.

Ash wouldn't go to sleep today, but I finally got him down once Kristi had gone out. In fact, I think he'd be asleep before Kristi hit the other side of the village where the bar is. Going to use the peace and quiet to work on tomorrow nights game.

Bought my first christmas present. Got my brother a technical readout book for a Vulcan bomber. The guy showing us around the museum was an ex Vulcan pilot. Indeed, his job would have been to drop a nuke on St Petersburg should the Cold War ever have went hot. He signed the book. Since my older brother loves aircraft (and the Vulcan in particular), he should get a kick out of it.

Off to do some writing. Have a good night all.

316zombie
« Reply #1121 on: April 28, 2019, 11:15:04 PM »

i like the firetrucks. but then, i AM a geek.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1122 on: April 29, 2019, 12:58:39 AM »

I know a couple of firefighters in the states. When they come over to visit the first thing they want to do is go see what fire engines here are like.

Decided to make an effort to progress my stack of unbuilt/unpainted WW2 stuff, so got my Soviet KV built. Its a tank that has two options on turrets. The KV 1 is pretty much a standard tank while the KV 2 is a hoofin' great big box of a turret with a big bloody howitzer shoved inside. Since the Mk 1 is pretty much the same a T34 the chances are I'll stick with the Mk 2 for some variety.

Our D&D game got back on track last night which was good. The party has finally decided what course of action they are going to take next so I can go deal with that and the party can discover the consequences when they return to the surface world. They are going to take a few days though to identify all the magic items they found in the old castle first. I think this is a damn good idea for them.

Looking forward to working with the other shift next week (even if I am off Mon and Tues), so I can be annoyingly cheerful in the direction of Kev and Ryan.

I might even sing happy and cheerful songs. Hmm, lets see.... Happy Talking, Its A Small World.... yeah that is about all the happy songs I know of. Oh well, just have to keep repeating the two of them endlessly.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 03:17:55 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1123 on: April 29, 2019, 04:35:21 AM »

My nephew can't wait to see the D&D movie I bought for him.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1124 on: April 29, 2019, 05:11:52 AM »

His world will never be the same afterwards.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.