Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:44:14 AM
714509 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 322147 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2018, 11:20:46 PM »

Congratulations!    Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2018, 05:21:37 PM »

Hey all. Not being too active at the moment, but I am sure everyone understands why. :D

And if you don't, well that is just tough for you. I am not about to lose any sleep over that.

Got up early, cooked breakfast for our visitors and then went out to the hospital. Kristi got all the tubes and stuff out of her and could get up herself and move around which made her a lot happier.

Ash's blood sugar is staying at much better levels so they can stop sticking needles in his feet which is making me happier. He is also keeping his temperature up which is good. Got him to feed a few times (which is helping with the temperature and blood sugar). One thing that surprised me is that he still hadn't been washed and had clots of blood in his hair. I told the nurse that "Look, you can either wash him, or I am going in the shower with him and I am going to wash him", so the nurse decided to clean him up. It really surprised me that this is something nurses no longer do. Although I don't mind doing it myself I did object to being told that we shouldn't. Other than that though the care has been great. There were five babies born the same day as Ash, and with the flu going round the ward is down to two nurses who are really working their arses off to keep everything running smoothly so much appreciation to the staff of Dr Grays for that.

Anyway, changed his nappy a few times while I was there. About 18:00 Kristi got some cravings so I'd to leaved for a bit and pick up stuff like sour cream and chive Pringles for her. On the way back to the hospital I decided I want another baby. He hasn't cried much, although we have been trying to get him to, to help clear his lungs of mucus and so on. Another kid in a different room has been crying constantly. I hope the little fellow is ok, but I am guessing that something is up there. We can see when Ash is building himself up to cry. It takes about three minutes and he will cry for 10 to 17 seconds and then stop.

At one point Kristi had fallen asleep and I was sitting holding Ash. I figured it was about time to start his musical education so I put some Led Zepplin on. As I was sitting holding him I thought I should read something to him. The only thing I had to hand was the horror novel I've been reading recently so I started reading that to him.

It seemed appropriate for me, besides James Herbert was my favourite author growing up.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2018, 08:31:40 PM »

After my twins were born, my wife demanded that I go to Burger King and get her a mustard Whopper.  Her poor stomach had been compressed to the size of a thimble that last month by the presence of two babies, and she was ravenous!  She managed to finish over half of it and fell asleep holding it; when I tried to gently take it out of her hands she yanked it away from me and GROWLED.  I let her keep it!   Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2018, 04:17:15 AM »

After my twins were born, my wife demanded that I go to Burger King and get her a mustard Whopper.  Her poor stomach had been compressed to the size of a thimble that last month by the presence of two babies, and she was ravenous!  She managed to finish over half of it and fell asleep holding it; when I tried to gently take it out of her hands she yanked it away from me and GROWLED.  I let her keep it!   Buggedout

Lol, you are a wise man Indy. The best advice I was given was if she wants something, get it for her right away, not in five mintutes.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2018, 12:39:10 PM »

I hope someday you read him Where the Wild Things Are. (And shield him from that movie.) And later The Graveyard Book. But WTWTA is childhood magic transferred to the printed page.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2018, 04:14:25 PM »

I have a copy of Where the wild things are.

Ok, well I have a Lovecraftian kids book that is based on WTWTA. It's called Where The Deep Ones Are.

I do have a copy of the movie of which you speak, and I plan on it never blighting his childhood.

Mum and baby will becoming home tomorrow. I spent three hours today doing nothing more than letting him cuddle into my shoulder, just the same way his mum likes to.

316zombie
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2018, 06:47:03 PM »

deepest and most sincere congratulations from me and curtis! and tell ash thank you for being born on our 35th anniversary,and what would have been my parents 62nd anniversary! that is a memory we will always treasure, little ash!
   you were born into interesting times, little guy, but you are so lucky to have parents who will make that a scottish/american blessing, and not a chinese curse.
  my blessing is already in place, your good karma gave you great parents. may your karma keep growing better all your life, like your parents love will.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2018, 04:07:16 PM »

Kristi and Ash got home today (yay!).

I was sitting in the hospital with them this morning, Kristi was getting some much needed sleep and I was sitting with Ash lying against my chest, just holding him. I used to think I understood why my dad had turned out the way he did, but with him cuddled up holding him, I don't think I have ever felt quite so disconnected from him as I do now and I was really disconnected from him before. I really can't understand him or the things he did at all. Indeed if he dies without knowing that Ash exists, I will have no complaints.

It being a new week the weekend staff weren't in to say goodbye to which was a shame although we did chat to them at the end of their shift. One of the cleaners came in while I was playing some Led Zepplin for Ash (got to start education early after all). Turned out she was a big fan of the same kind of music as me, and when we mentioned his name was Ash she knew right off where we'd named him from lol, so we talked about Bruce Campbell movies a fair bit with her. Told her about Evil Dead: The Musical and I think her and her husband are now planning a trip to see it in Vegas.

Everyone likes Bubba Ho-Tep after all. Well, except for people who wouldn't know a good bad movie if it smacked them on the face.  I suspect anyone who doesn't like Bubba Ho-Tep doesn't like things like ice cream unless it's pralines and dick flavour and hey no one wants to be that guy (or gal I guess, I shouldn't be sexist about these things).

Some of the hospital staff would have liked them to stay in one more night, but Kristi was so ready to be home. She just hasn't had a good nights sleep there for the five nights she was there with the hospital staff waking her up and the general background noise. They were a little concerned about how he was feeding, but when we told them we'd picked up a breast pump they relaxed and didn't try and persuade us to stay another night.

After we got home, I'd to pop out and buy some stuff. Damn but I did not want to leave Kristi and Ash. I was about ready to bite someone's head off. Someone decided to involve me in an arguement they were having with a taxi driver and she got a surprise when I told her she was bloody stupid for walking out in front of a taxi, so that didn't go the way she thought it would and she ended up being the one who got their head bitten off. Anyway, I am home with them and feeling much more relaxed. Built up his Moses Basket and made everyone an Asian buffet for dinner so everyone was free to have what ever they liked. Made way too much rice though.

Letting my little sister and mum hold Ash as much as they want just now. They have to go home on Wednesday for a hospital appointment for Elizabeth and we want them to get as much time with him before they leave as they can.

Thank you for all the messages everyone has sent. Love you all. Ash and Kristi also send hugs n luvz.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2018, 06:15:39 PM »

Kristi and Ash got home today (yay!).

I was sitting in the hospital with them this morning, Kristi was getting some much needed sleep and I was sitting with Ash lying against my chest, just holding him. I used to think I understood why my dad had turned out the way he did, but with him cuddled up holding him, I don't think I have ever felt quite so disconnected from him as I do now and I was really disconnected from him before. I really can't understand him or the things he did at all. Indeed if he dies without knowing that Ash exists, I will have no complaints.

It being a new week the weekend staff weren't in to say goodbye to which was a shame although we did chat to them at the end of their shift. One of the cleaners came in while I was playing some Led Zepplin for Ash (got to start education early after all). Turned out she was a big fan of the same kind of music as me, and when we mentioned his name was Ash she knew right off where we'd named him from lol, so we talked about Bruce Campbell movies a fair bit with her. Told her about Evil Dead: The Musical and I think her and her husband are now planning a trip to see it in Vegas.

Everyone likes Bubba Ho-Tep after all. Well, except for people who wouldn't know a good bad movie if it smacked them on the face.  I suspect anyone who doesn't like Bubba Ho-Tep doesn't like things like ice cream unless it's pralines and dick flavour and hey no one wants to be that guy (or gal I guess, I shouldn't be sexist about these things).

Some of the hospital staff would have liked them to stay in one more night, but Kristi was so ready to be home. She just hasn't had a good nights sleep there for the five nights she was there with the hospital staff waking her up and the general background noise. They were a little concerned about how he was feeding, but when we told them we'd picked up a breast pump they relaxed and didn't try and persuade us to stay another night.

After we got home, I'd to pop out and buy some stuff. Damn but I did not want to leave Kristi and Ash. I was about ready to bite someone's head off. Someone decided to involve me in an arguement they were having with a taxi driver and she got a surprise when I told her she was bloody stupid for walking out in front of a taxi, so that didn't go the way she thought it would and she ended up being the one who got their head bitten off. Anyway, I am home with them and feeling much more relaxed. Built up his Moses Basket and made everyone an Asian buffet for dinner so everyone was free to have what ever they liked. Made way too much rice though.

Letting my little sister and mum hold Ash as much as they want just now. They have to go home on Wednesday for a hospital appointment for Elizabeth and we want them to get as much time with him before they leave as they can.

Thank you for all the messages everyone has sent. Love you all. Ash and Kristi also send hugs n luvz.

Welcome to the part of parenthood the books never mention: primal protectiveness. Half the time among your bliss you feel like killing someone for little provocation because some teeny instinctive part of your DNA is telling you you have to protect your offspring no matter what against threats real and imagined. Shame you're not in Texas where it's socially acceptable to rock a baby and hold a loaded .357 at the same time.

An Ode to the Sensation is Will Smith's The Two of Us, in which he "sings" about going off with intent to kill on a bad driver. Respect, Will! Seriously, new baby=primordial slayer for that first fortnight. Enjoy it, it goes away too soon.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 06:18:17 PM by ER » Logged

316zombie
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2018, 08:11:42 PM »

alex,grind up that rice and freeze it. 6 months from now, you'll be putting it in his bottle, like my sister and her girls have with their babies!  Cheers
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2018, 08:43:15 AM »

And Ash is getting his first movie. The 1960's Batman.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2018, 02:15:49 PM »

When I reached 27 I sort of got stuck. For the next few years (into my mid 30's) when ever anyone asked me my age I'd reply 27. I wasn't deliberately lying to anyone, it just seemed to take a long time to adjust to being older and unless I really thought about it I generally thought I was 27.

I've found myself going up stair cases two steps at a time the way I used to and feeling like I am 27 again. It is a feeling I need to hold onto, because I am going to need that energy.

Shame you're not in Texas where it's socially acceptable to rock a baby and hold a loaded .357 at the same time.

Fortunately I live in a country where we don't need those kind of weapons to defend ourselves. If I did I'd really feel like I, and indeed the whole country had failed. While I can use guns and can own them if I really felt I needed to, I just don't need one. I always pity anyone who lives in a place where that sort of thing is needed, and I truly hope Ash will grow up never needing that or living in such an environment of fear where you don't feel you can go anywhere without a weapon. I mean I can honestly say that on none of the five occasions I've been stabbed having a gun could have stopped it from happening, although a tazer might have helped on some of them.

Besides my friend Garry's kids were at school with a lad who has cleaning his shotgun (he worked as a gamekeeper and was experienced with firearms) and it accidently went off killing his girlfriend (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1376850/Calum-Murray-accidentally-kills-girlfriend-Sophie-Taylor-turns-gun-himself.html). He ran outside his house and turned the gun on himself. I will teach Ash ways to defend himself in other ways, including how to deal with people who do have guns.  If I ever have to, then I will teach him to shoot, but it would break my heart to do so and that we'd became weak enough to need them for protection.

Besides if I have to rip someone's head off, I am still quite capable of doing it with my bare hands should anyone bring out my protective instinct.  Wink

Anyway, that is wandering way off topic and in to a discussion for a different thread and different people. Its the kind of thing that just has each side stating its POV and nothing gets changed.

Kristi just looked at me in absolute panic, put her hand on her belly and said "I've not felt the baby kicking for a while... Oh wait!"

I am sure other mothers out there are familiar with that sort of feeling, suddenly missing this bump that has been a tiny tyrant controlling them for the past 9 months.

Preparing for tonight like an army going into battle. Or more like prepping to deal with some alien thing invading...

"I'm going to hide this tape when I'm finished. If none of us make it, at least there will be some kind of record. The storm's been hitting us hard now for 48 hours. We still have nothing to go on. One other thing: I think it rips through your clothes when it takes you over. I've found a pile of laundry in the trash, it seems to be growing on its own. They could be anybody's. Nobody,nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired. There's nothing more I can do, just wait. This is Alex Corbett, avionics technician, UK outpost #14 Hythe View."

Looking forward to mum and Elizabeth leaving tomorrow, but also wanting them to stay. I do like the idea of time with the three of us. When we go on holiday it tends to be with either her or my family and we don't get much in the way of time just us. We are very much everybodies property when we go visiting.

Some times I am glad we live so far from any of our family though. It does give us our private time.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2018, 02:41:33 PM »

Besides you have axes and swords.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2018, 02:58:19 PM »

Alas not any more. I got rid of them yesterday to a fellow collector, although I do have to say if any of them were actually used in combat, they'd have have been useless after the first hit. I am not willing to risk Ash playing with them and having an accident. Although most of them are not combat weapons, for example none of my daggers have blood channels in them which means once they go in, you ain't getting them back out.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2018, 03:17:14 PM »

Did you really? True love demonstrated there.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.