Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:13:40 PM
714424 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 321774 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #705 on: November 17, 2018, 06:30:53 AM »

Amongst other games, we finally got Pandemic out last night.

Turns out we suck at saving the world from viral infections and disease. Tried three times and each time the world was doomed quite quickly. Still, we are all up for having another go. We kept fetting to a position where we were just about to wipe out one of the four major diseases we had to combat, then we'd have one bad turn and the world got flushed and went swirling. Also played Monty Python Fluxx and Dungeon.

Ash crashed a couple of hours early last night, so I was expecting him to wake up early too. I sat up waiting until midnight convinced he was going to wake up any second wanting a feed. Just before midnight I gave up and went to bed. Of course at this point he woke up, and decided he didn't want to go back to sleep. So I spent the night holding him until 4 am, when Kristi woke up and we swapped over baby / getting sleep. Its approaching lunch time, but everyone is finally awake and another geek out day of gaming awaits. Russell wants to make up a back up wizard character (ultimately he'd like to try what Kristi is playing, a Mystic Theurge) and try a wargame. He's expressed an interest in playing the Japanese in Bolt Action, so I'll knock together a couple of army lists, maybe take a British army and give him a game.

As fair warning though, I have told him I do not go easy on beginners, so if he beats me, he has earned it.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #706 on: November 17, 2018, 09:24:22 AM »

Well we tried Pandemic again and came damn close. We had cures for 3 of the 4 plagues (which we've named after their colours, black - black plague, red - scarlett fever, yellow - jaundice and blue we struggled with a bit, but something about trump came on the news so we called it (and you are going to want to skip this bit Indy), republican).

Then we ran out of player cards which meant we lost the game, although we had enough resources to cure the final disease, and then mop up the remaining outbreaks.

Dagon brought home a bird that I swear was bigger than he is. Made a bit of a mess in the living room. I found the corpse with feathers everywhere. Luckily Kristi and Russell are out so I got that cleaned up, then scrubbed the route he'd have taken through the house to get the bird there. I think it is the one that has been crapping on the washing when I've been hanging it outside, so I wont lie and say I am sorry to see it dead. This is why though, while I like both dogs and cats, I find cats way more useful.

Plus I prefer pets that aren't totally subservient. I like more independent creatures.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #707 on: November 18, 2018, 11:04:38 AM »

So we played Pandemic a lot last night. Didn't manage to save the world though, but it kept us coming back for another go until I suggested we try te Cthulhu varient instead and a bit of Munchkin. I think Russell had a good time. We saw him off this morning, and he should be back home by now.

Some of the adventure I'd written for tonight seems to have vanished. I think I am going to have to call off the game so I can rewrite it all.

Le sigh.

Oh well. Kristi and Ash are both having a nap. I am watching more of Blakes 7 and sort of rewriting part of the campaign. Not going to have enough done to do it toght, so calling tonights session off, and I can redo it over the next couple of weeks, since I'll be travelling for 10 hours next Sunday.

We've had to lower Ash's cot down to its lowest setting. With him pulling himself up onto his feet we don't want to wait until he topples off the side before lowering the base.

Well instead of a game tonight, I think I'll have a nice, long bath and chill out. On night shift next week and then off to englandshire for a week.

Oh, and someone has found how to get out of his rocking chair apparently.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #708 on: November 19, 2018, 05:03:14 AM »

Have a picture of a happy baby to cheer up your Monday morning.

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #709 on: November 19, 2018, 05:13:32 AM »

Dark alex if you like that plague game I can honestly recommend you look into this game.   https://tinybattlepublishing.com/products/zombie-war

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #710 on: November 19, 2018, 06:13:43 AM »

I'll look into it.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #711 on: November 20, 2018, 07:03:20 AM »

Put on another 80's cartoon for Ash this morning (Dogtanian and the Three Muskahounds). He sits on my knee fairly quietly to watch cartoons, although I don't like him sitting watching them for too long.
Watching a thread on a forum where people are converting WW2 figures into Imperial Guard for Warhammer. Don't see me starting that up though, but its interesting to see how people manage the size differences between the two ranges.

The closest gaming store might have to close. The owner has put up a gofund me project up and said he didn't need a huge amount. Had a look at it. He is asking for £15,000. Pretty much, he made some bad investments and now is asking for his customers to pay his debts or he will have to close the store. He isn't offering anything other than keeping his shop open as a reward, no discounts for anyone who gives him X amount of money. I am not sure I care to pay for his mistakes. Besides, they rarely stock the stuff I play, being more for CCG's and Games Workshop stuff. For the games I play I need to really travel to Glasgow to get stuff or buy it online. I wish him all the best though. So far, after 25 days he has raised £470.

One of the kids next door apparently has a major thing for studying World War 2, so Kristi has suggested I teach him some of my games. Guess I can start with Memoir '44, and then maybe a bit of Bolt Action. He is 11, so dealing with the rules shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'll work him up to Axis & Allies. Still, it gives me a reason to get on and paint the rest of my German infantry so my allied troops actually have stuff to fight against. Both my German and Japanese forces really need some love.

Decided to stop leaving a tab on my browser open on facebook any more. Normally I have one sitting there, and when I see a notification pop up, I'll pop over and check it out. Thing is I am rarely seeing something that interests me. If it wasn't the most convient way of keeping in touch with my widespread family, I suspect I'd dump it.

Prefered Bebo if I am entirely honest.

Oh Sven, I've linked that website to my wife as some hints for present giving season. Not sure if they ship to the UK, but if she does get me something we can always do the print and play bit.

Urgh, can't believe I volunteered to go on this stupid EAMIS course. What the hell was I thinking? Ok, if nothing else it will give me some days away to concentrate on my writing (I really don't care if I pass this course or not, although I will not deliberately fail it. I won't be doing any studying or anything for it though). First rule of being in the military is that you never, ever volunteer for anything because no matter how good it sounds, it always turns out to be s**t.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:30:35 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #712 on: November 20, 2018, 11:26:01 AM »

Back in my days as a sailor, we said that "Navy" was an acronym for Never Again Volunteer Yourself"!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #713 on: November 20, 2018, 04:51:24 PM »

Back in my days as a sailor, we said that "Navy" was an acronym for Never Again Volunteer Yourself"!

According to a marine i knew NAVY mean "Need any vaseline yet"? BounceGiggle

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #714 on: November 20, 2018, 06:55:19 PM »

You know how the Marines are like bananas?

They're green when they enter combat, yellow when they fight, and they die in bunches!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #715 on: November 21, 2018, 02:47:55 AM »

Why is it when the CDC tells peopel to throw out Romaine lettuce because of e. Coli people do it without a second thought, but when the CDC tells peolle vaccinations save lives they act like it's  part of the illuminati conspiracy?  Question

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #716 on: November 21, 2018, 05:30:23 AM »

Why is it when the CDC tells peopel to throw out Romaine lettuce because of e. Coli people do it without a second thought, but when the CDC tells peolle vaccinations save lives they act like it's  part of the illuminati conspiracy?  Question

Because alas people are not a bunch of highly intelligent individuals making reasoned choices. They are easily led, influenced by factors they don't even realise (and in most cases would vehemently deny being influenced by outside factors. Ironically these are the people most susceptible to things like advertising and so on. You can tell yourself you've never been... ooops, digressing here).

When it comes to vaccinees it doesn't matter that the scientist who started who whole MMR scare has since admitted he messed up, his research was half assed (and that is being polite about it), and so on. The anti vaxxer brigade still hold up the 'link' between autism and the vaccine mix like it was a proven fact.

Such if life. People will believe what they want to believe and find 'facts' that back up what they want to. You aren't going to change that, and if you could and did, chances are you'd be much worse than them.

*shrug*

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #717 on: November 21, 2018, 09:54:52 AM »

Working some more on some German's as well as scenary just in case I have to teach the kid next door how to play BA. His dad likes Warhammer (not sure which version), and is currently deployed in Africa, so might end up teaching him a new wargame as well when he gets back. Still it is working as an incentive to actually paint some figures up.

Two more nights at work, then a couple days off and then a week south of the border. Spent over two years living down there on courses now. You'd think by now they could just have you do this stuff online, maybe plug you into some sort of virtual reality classroom, but no.

All those educational programs I had to watch at school as a kid lied to me.

The weather has taken a turn for the winterish. I think it is going to be a cold and wet one, rather than snowy. Maybe a lot of storms and possibly even as bad as the year we had 3 months of constant storms battering the coast. I guess time will tell though. Over the years the weather has become more and more difficult to guess in advance.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #718 on: November 22, 2018, 07:42:58 AM »

Appear to have accidently blocked a bunch of people on my email address, which is strange 'cos blocking people on my provider is not a straightforward process. Been trying to figure out how it happened and not getting anywhere.

Ash has slept through the night a few times recently. If he keeps this up, then when I get back from my course I think it will be time to move him into his own room. My mum and sister are coming up to stay and keep Kristi company while I am away. Kristi sorted out his room so Elizabeth can sleep in it.

Slowly making progress on 'ze German's'. The big area's are all painted. I'll pick out smaller details like webbing, maybe I'll even put a wash on them to pick out the shadows and folds in clothing and call them done.

Not looked at the news. Going to guess the following:

1 trump said something stupid.
2 Brexit is going badly and someone doesn't agree with the agreement.
3 Some natural disaster is happening somewhere, but gets reported after the above.
4 Some celebrity who thinks being famous means their opinion is super important said something and that is now making headlines ahead of actual important stuff.

Going to guess the above list is 75% or above accurate.

Since Ash has been having his first cold (since the Con) I got the joys of trying to clean his nose this morning. He had a booger that while not solid and sitting at the bottom of his nose defied all laws of physics in my attempts to dislodge it.

The joys of the secret and glamerous side of parenting that they don't tell you about in advance lol.

My boss at work heard me replying to Kev asking me if I could do him a favour. My reply was "As long as it doesn't involve oral sex." He is now wondering why I felt the need to quantify my answer that way. I told him some of the guys get a bit bored on nights and it is important to define your limits.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 07:52:32 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #719 on: November 22, 2018, 08:03:28 AM »

My boss at work heard me replying to Kev asking me if I could do him a favour. My reply was "As long as it doesn't involve oral sex." He is now wondering why I felt the need to quantify my answer that way. I told him some of the guys get a bit bored on nights and it is important to define your limits.

BounceGiggle TeddyR

I needed that smile, thanks.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.