Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:06:23 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 321593 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2018, 05:59:59 PM »

Nice digs, man!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
316zombie
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2018, 10:35:07 PM »

Now, Alex, imagine every thing you are going through with little Ash right now, IN STEREO.

That's what having twins is like!  I still don't have a ton of memories from the mid-90's, other than being sleepy for the better part of five years there.
lol, indi, i think that MAY be part of why my sister likes your books, her twins, and now grandtwins.
316zombie
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2018, 10:42:18 PM »

Been after some Jayne Cobb hats for a while now. Today, two of them turned up...

Man walks down the street wearing one of them, everyone is going to know he isn't afraid of anything!

Oh, and these are just for 316Zombie. Since you were worried books were mistreated in my house I thought I should show you these. It isn't quite all our bookshelves, but hopefully it will reassure you that they find a good home with us normally.

YOU my friend, are a p**sant! now i'mgoing to have to spend an hour elarging the pics so i can read all the titles! but  inthe meantime, VERY cool! and that great big dark shelf ROCKS!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2018, 02:59:16 AM »

What if I told you that that big dark shelf cost me £45 (around $60)? I guess I could help you out a little bit by telling you what kind of books are on each shelf (I'll go edit the post), but I should warn you that we have multiple rows of books on some of those shelves so you won't be able to get the titles of all of them.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #184 on: March 31, 2018, 03:16:07 AM »

Now, Alex, imagine every thing you are going through with little Ash right now, IN STEREO.

That's what having twins is like!  I still don't have a ton of memories from the mid-90's, other than being sleepy for the better part of five years there.
lol, indi, i think that MAY be part of why my sister likes your books, her twins, and now grandtwins.

Wait, your sister reads my books???  Cool!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #185 on: March 31, 2018, 09:18:47 AM »

Ok, so these are mostly fantasy novels. The top row is David Gemmell, David Eddings and L. E. Modesitt, plus some Robert Jorden. Second shelf is my old game books (you might have heard of them as choose your own adventure?), R.A. Salvatore, more Gemmell, Harry Potter stuff and some Harry Turtledove. Next shelf down is my leather bound or hardback editions, Lovecraft, Robert E Howard, Verne, H.G. Wells and Tolkien. Below that is a bit of a mix of hardbacks, James Herbert, Clive Barker, Hobbs, and a few biographies.

This is my horror collection, and sandwiched in the middle of that Kristis romance novels (or as she calls them trashy romance books).

Mostly Terry Pratchett books here and Kristi's lego pirate ship sitting on top.

More fantasy novels including Game of Thrones and To Green Angel Tower, some Raymond Fiest stuff and others.

Sci fi novels and World of Darkness RPG stuff.

Hope that helps you with identifying the titles. Especially on the blurry photo lol.

More of my horror novels.

Kristi's religious books and some folk lore stuff (and my signed picture of DEATH).

More sci fi novels, including the Steampunk Pax Britannica ones and some biographies.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 10:06:31 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #186 on: March 31, 2018, 09:33:54 AM »

Wow, today was busy. Went to meet my brother and his family in Elgin today. First off, I had to deal with an invasion by the Galactic Empire (ok, that wasn't too difficult as the storm troopers couldn't shoot for toffee). Then there were was a rampaging T-Rex to deal with, not to mention the super villians just generally getting all up in my way.

On the plus side though, it was all done to the accompanyment of some music.

Hope your day was a bit less hectic than mine. :) Ironically the only injury I got all day was after I got home. The babies mattress is a bit too large for his cot and Kristi wanted me to cut it down a bit with an electric knife, but that wasn't working so great so I went to find a pair of shears to try instead and sliced my thumb open on a wallpaper scraper while looking for the shears.

Got the mattress cut to size eventually. Had to use the electric knife in the end. Took quite a few passes, but it finally got it down to size. Got hit with a sudden wave to tiredness, which I am currently fighting. Ash is sleeping gently in the Comfy Armchair of DOOOOOOOM!!! right now and Kristi is having a bath. I have a bunch of beers cooling nicely in the fridge which no doubt my brother will be sharing with me later.

Life is good today.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 11:57:08 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

316zombie
« Reply #187 on: March 31, 2018, 05:38:53 PM »

hhmm.. i thought i had told you stacy reads your books, indi, she's a fan!  Cheers
   thank you alex! some of them i couldn't see even by enlarging. you've got some awesome collectibles too. but that shelf is droolworthy.. all of them, really, great price!
   love the pics! you live in a very beautiful place, cool people too. that's something i miss about boston, besides the subway. architecture is a passion of mine,any kind really.any cool bridges near you? i love old bridges.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2018, 03:03:35 AM »

There are a couple of interesting bridges around. I'll take some pictures the next time our random walks take us that way. Kristi was amazed when she first moved here that a lot of the old cottages in Lossiemouth are older than the USA and she loves the architecture too.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 03:16:20 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2018, 05:33:25 AM »

So the worlds first independent (not as a sub division of the army or navy) airforce is 100 years old today.

Seems appropriate that it was done on April 1st though.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2018, 08:05:46 AM »

Sitting watching Justice League with Ash. Not a lot of sleep was gained in the Corbett househol last night so Kristi is getting some sleep while I take care of the baby. Not understanding the hate the movie got so far. I mean its no Citizen Kane, but so far I think its alright. Oh well, wouldn't be the first movie I liked that the rest of the world didn't care for. It has nothing different or special, the big bad guy is somewhat perfunctory but they are critisms I could level at many other movies. It was enjoyable enough though.

Hmm, got spam email to buy a military grade flashlight. Really that is a thing? I mean I've done 17 1/2 years in the military and not once have I ever came across a military grade flashlight. Normally we get given something cheap and get told to get on with it. Really not a major selling point for me.

Its a lovely sunny day outside. I would have liked to have went out for a walk with Kristi and Ash and although she is being a lot more mobile than most women in her situation I am conscious of not letting her overstretch herself. Putting herself back in hospital would not help anyone.

Life is good right now and I know which of my wolves I am feeding. Of course when things are as good as they are now, there is only one way things can go, but while it is all good I am going to take the time to enjoy it. I think Merlin summed it up best.

Look upon this moment. Savor it! Rejoice with great gladness! Great gladness! Remember it always, for you are joined by it. You are One, under the stars. Remember it well, then... this night, this great victory. So that in the years ahead, you can say, "I was there that night, with Arthur, the King!" For it is the doom of men that they forget.

Oh, and since you mentioned collectables, here are a few random shots of various stuff I've accumulated over the years.

How many films can you identify from these objects...

Dragons, books and a bad taste bear.

Some of our board game collection (this photo is five years old. We have a lot more now).

Just because...

Kristi's WW2 army.

My Hoth battle scene

Star Wars Scum & Villany Fleet.

Rebel Scum Fleet.

The forces of Galactic law and order.

My DVD collection somewhere between five and ten years ago. Just try reading the titles on those lol.

Next time I'll dig old photos of old houses etc.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 08:49:38 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2018, 08:55:19 AM »

Much more overcast today than it has been recently. But of course it is a bank holiday, so the weather is going to be bad.

Hmm, what is happening in the world. Child poverty in the UK is on the rise, and the government is cutting down on free school meals in england, northern ireland and wales. Thatcher would be so proud. London and New York seem ready to switch places on the murders per capita table if they haven't already. China is retaliating to trumps trade war. Given how heavily in debt the US is to China they have some very powerful levers they can use that would bring the US to its economic knees pretty quickly. Of course that too would have repercussions... I wonder which side will blink first. I dunno, but it looks to me like trump thinks he can take on the rest of the world all at the same time, including countries who would otherwise be his natural allies. It strikes me that he is trying to run a country like he would run a business and it just doesn't work that way.

Oh well, thats a problem above my pay grade so I am not going to worry about it.

The boiler went out last night. House was pretty damn cold so I got to lie with Ash on my to keep him warm until a plumber could get out to fix it. Although he did manage to get out to us in around an hour it did mean I spent the night awake again. I may just have to pass out tonight somewhere to make sure I get some rest before work tomorrow. The easter long weekend has been a good break and I am just relaxing now, listening to a bit of Brutal Planet.

April comes around once again. As you get older the years seem to speed past faster and faster, but somehow the days themselves seem longer.

Kristi is going out tonight with Karen so I get to keep Ash company. :) No doubt I shall pick out some suitable way of entertaining him.

Amd seven hours later, Kristi and Karen are still out shopping. And this from the woman who hates shopping lol. Oh well, means me and Ash get plenty of quality time together. He has been feeding like it would be his last chance to get food.

Hmm, perhaps Kristi should be on nappy duty when she gets home...

Ok, so I ran myself a bath. Normally once one of us has had a bath, we'll put some cooler water in and take Ash in with us and give him a wash.

So, my bath is ready and I decided it would be a good idea to strip Ash down to his nappy and then leave him wrapped in a blanket so he is ready for me to lift, take the nappy off and put him in the bath with me. When I took his babygrow off he had quite clearly filled his nappy, which had then overflowed. So the butt of the babygrow was filled with poop.

With me so far? Good.

Now, here is the strange part. There was also poop around one of the shoulder blades. Now there was nothing inbetween these two patches. Totally clean there.

I have gave it some thought and came up with only one logical possibility. Babies are capable of short bursts of movement at warp speed, and the poop came out at exactly the time he moved, thus apparantly missing the intervening material.

Anyway, I immediately put more cold water in the bath as my usual temperature would not be healthy for the little man, got him cleaned up. Of course, I've still not got my bath as my old one had poop floating in it, so I didn't really fancy climbing in after that.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:04:57 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

316zombie
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2018, 05:03:56 PM »

alex. honey. you REALLY need to get some sleep, lol!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2018, 05:13:51 PM »

Sleep? Wassat?

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2018, 05:15:13 PM »

Sometime, Alex, I will have to tell you the tale of the infamous Diarrhea Sunday.  It's a legend in my household.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.