Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:37:45 AM
715454 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7762 Members
Latest Member: HoustonJac
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 329251 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1335 on: September 17, 2019, 12:37:47 PM »

Anyone else watched 'The Dead Don't Die'?

I thought it was dull and either I wasn't paying enough attention, but it didn't seem to have a plot (I did have Ash running around refusing to be tired and sleep so I might have missed stuff). It did seem like a huge waste of talent on screen to me.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1336 on: September 17, 2019, 01:54:26 PM »

As to beers tonight, well...

That is me working on number three.

Between its nose and its chin that hobgoblin could perform an unnatural act on a woman must have to aim well with its fork when it eats.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1337 on: September 17, 2019, 03:44:47 PM »

As to beers tonight, well...

That is me working on number three.

Between its nose and its chin that hobgoblin could perform an unnatural act on a woman must have to aim well with its fork when it eats.

Now I am wanting beers tonight too. Hobgoblin has been for a couple of years my go-to beer now. It may even have had something to do with one of my short stories.

Kristi is playing country and western music. I guess she is in the mood to listen to depressing music. I am happy that she is putting her music on though, but I might do something to distract me from listening to songs about brides being run over by combine harvesters the day before their wedding.

As someone said, with self-driving cars coming in, C&W music will be complete the day a man's wife, kids, dog and pick up truck can all decide to leave him on the same day.  BounceGiggle

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1338 on: September 18, 2019, 09:06:37 AM »

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1339 on: September 18, 2019, 09:20:18 AM »

Alex.....

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1340 on: September 19, 2019, 02:27:52 PM »

So yesterday is over for another year. Life goes on for those of us who have it still and time passes evidently uncaring.

Started playing some silly game on my phone where you do an extremely basic building up of a kingdom, do some missions and whatnot. Currently, I have an army in it 1.7 billion strong. I have no idea how I am paying and feeding all these soldiers, but my numbers of them keep getting bigger and bigger. I have no idea what medieval kingdom could possibly support an army of this size.

Pretty sure no modern country could support an army that size. Since I have no one to go to war with I don't know why I have it. Suspect, I'll be bored with it in a few more days and move onto looking for something else.

Got a pub quiz to go to tomorrow night, to help raise funds for the new bridge. Luckily the central (Scottish) government stepped and said they'd fund the new bridge, but there are still other elements to be paid for. The weekend following that I'll be seeing Gary Numan and the week following that I'll be staying in Edinburgh Castle, then that weekend Alice Cooper is playing in Aberdeen. Not planning on going to that gig as I've seen him live a lot over the past few years, but I do have some friends coming up from Glasgow so I am planning on popping into Aberdeen to meet up with them for a few drinks before they go to the gig.

Booked a session at one of the local tattoo parlours to finally get Lilly-Beth's hand and feet prints done on my chest. Tried to get a slot at the parlour in Lossie, but they didn't reply to any of the enquires on their website, so I booked it at a place in Elgin. It's going to be the middle of next month though. I'd shaved the area of my chest where I am getting it done in advance thinking I'd have a week's wait tops. Now do I keep shaving it until its time to get the tattoo, or let it grow back and then hack my way through that jungle again?

And yes, I know I am giving myself another identifying mark but I don't care.

Brexit was being discussed at work and how it is the will of people so it has to happen. I said if my son goes to grab the bar on an electric fire I would stop him no matter how much he wanted to because it is a f**king stupid idea.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1341 on: September 20, 2019, 11:47:35 AM »

And lo! The weekend doth approaches. 'Ware ye, for it contains much danger, for those who indulge in much alcohol risk the wrath of the beast known as the wife with annoyed glances and much silent treatment. He who imbibes aplenty and without caution must needs find himself sleeping on the couch or perchance the bathtub for access to the marital bed shall be most firmly denied. The foolish mortal who finds himself engaging in unwise japes thinking them hilarious may find himself kept prisoner by the mysterious men in blue who will drag him off with much protesting but to no avail and verily he shalt find himself explaining himself to a judge come Monday morn.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1342 on: September 20, 2019, 11:49:15 AM »

And lo! The weekend doth approaches. 'Ware ye, for it contains much danger, for those who indulge in much alcohol risk the wrath of the beast known as the wife with annoyed glances and much silent treatment. He who imbibes aplenty and without caution must needs find himself sleeping on the couch or perchance the bathtub for access to the marital bed shall be most firmly denied. The foolish mortal who finds himself engaging in unwise japes thinking them hilarious may find himself kept prisoner by the mysterious men in blue who will drag him off with much protesting but to no avail and verily he shalt find himself explaining himself to a judge come Monday morn.

Nah, no probs on Monday as I'm going to see Mom.  Thumbup TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1343 on: September 20, 2019, 12:24:11 PM »

It's been a warm sunny day today. Found myself struggling to stay awake in work with the office feeling hot and stuffy, so when I got the chance to finish early and go for some alcoholic refreshments instead... well what isn't to like about that offer? The hot weather is supposed to stick around for Saturday and then cool off through the week.

Besides I suspect we don't have too many more of these warm days left to go this year, so I am going to keep enjoying them while they last. Got a friend coming over to babysit Ash tonight so me and Kristi can go out. Tomorrow the friend (Karen) and Kristi are going out shopping. In theory this allows me to get stuff done, but since Ash will be staying home with me I doubt there will be too much doing of things.

Other than running after Ash extracting him from whatever trouble he is about to get himself into anyway. He can climb into or out of the bath, his high chair and playpen. He also keeps trying to climb up on top of our fireplace to get to the books on top of it. The same day he decided to walk he figured out how to open doors. His cot is about the only place we can put him in and know that he can't just get out and wander away.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1344 on: September 20, 2019, 12:25:06 PM »

Your mom is a judge?  BounceGiggle

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1345 on: September 20, 2019, 12:29:53 PM »

Your mom is a judge?  BounceGiggle

No but I'll tell her you said so  TeddyR TeddyR

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1346 on: September 21, 2019, 05:25:11 AM »

So facebook constantly keeps throwing suggestions of people I might want to be friends with.

No facebook. If I wanted to be friends with them I'd have added them already. Bad facebook!

Anyway, a couple of days ago it recommended a guy I used to work beside. Not someone I ever particularly liked. I was on civil enough terms with him, but I found that he had, uhm what would be the best way to describe it. An undeserved arrogance about him. He expected everyone to do things his way and if you found a better way of doing it he really did not like it.

We played Warcraft together back in vanilla. Since he was very much a traditional holy healer, and I had my whole hybrid discipline/holy mix going on that out healed holy priests we were always going to clash a bit. While someone was useful to him they'd be his best friend, but when he moved on, he'd instantly dump them. Anyway, I always kept him at arm's length. One of the women who played a druid fell for him (no idea why, but women are funny that way) and was rather upset when he moved on from her without so much as a goodbye. She spoke to me about it and I did my best to comfort her and explain that this was the type of person he was. Some years later I found out that she'd managed to get back in touch with him and the pair were engaged.

I felt bad about that for her. She seemed a really nice girl and I figured she'd just end up getting hurt by someone who didn't really seem to have the capacity to truly care for another person. Anytime he talked about relationships it seemed to be in terms of being in control, but y'know it was her choice and so on. Anyway, I couldn't resist clicking on the guy's profile just to see if they were together. I felt slightly relieved when his profile said he was single. Hopefully, she met someone who will take better care of her than I think he would. If I could remember the girl's name I might have looked her up just to say hi.

Funny how protective I still feel about all the healers I used to be in charge of back in vanilla. I am still in touch with maybe a dozen of them.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1347 on: September 21, 2019, 10:18:05 AM »

So facebook constantly keeps throwing suggestions of people I might want to be friends with.

I'm back on FB (don't know for how long): just look for Trevor Moses there.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1348 on: September 21, 2019, 11:33:46 AM »

Done.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1349 on: September 21, 2019, 12:33:59 PM »

Done.

Thou hast foundeth the right Trevor  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.