Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:42:33 AM
714429 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  cooking/food thread. i can't find my old one, lol! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: cooking/food thread. i can't find my old one, lol!  (Read 40133 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2018, 10:53:57 PM »

dang it, i just realized i was hitting quote instead of reply, sorry!
 miscfit, do you have a certain seasoning or technique for fish? because i am NOT good with fish on a flame grill, and being a new englander, i tend to over season fish.
  john,HORSERADISH?? really? how much do you use? BFF would love this, he eats it raw.
ER, the ones you make, do they have like a chewy exterior? i'd like that recipe if possible. i've never managed to figure out how to get my beloved potato rolls to be that light on the inside and still have the chewy outside.
  indi, i challenge you to a chili recipe duel! MY chili recipe is even  made in oz now! * when they have the patience, that is*
  rev, tell me about your stew. we eat A LOT of stews and soups,and i make them for the homeless outreach program i work with,we're always looking for new recipes.
Actually, it's PREPARED HORSERADISH.  I used to use Gold's but their quality went down.  It's both the pureed radish and vinegar that makes the meatballs perfect.  I could see making them hot, but I never have.  You really can't taste that it's in there. 
Oh yeh, I should have mentioned that I usually include caramelized onion in the ground meat (never hot - cold).  Onion soup mix is useful in lots of things... I usually put that in meatloaf... 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2018, 03:06:32 AM »

I'll start with a favorit from a vacation: Pane Frattau from Sardinia.

Put some pane carasau (difficult to find Sardinian bread, but any thin, cross bread is fine) in a deep dish and soak with veggie broth.

Sear onions in olive oil, add some garlic, some honey, deglaze with balsamico vinegar, add salt and roughly chopped, skinned tomatos. Cook, herbs and spices as favored (or make any own best tomato sauce).

Pour tomato sauce on soaked bread, put another bread on top, soaked again in veggie broth. Repeat until favorite number of layers is achieved.

Meanwhile fry some egges, put on top, sprinke with grated pecorino (or any other hard cheese) and chopped green onions. Put some cheese and green onion between layers when more than, say, three.

Enjoy.

thank you frank! this sounds like a savory bread pudding my friend roberto makes, but he wouldn't give me the recipe. tell me, have you had something like  this with fresh anchovies in it while on vacation? roberto makes one like that, he lives just outside rome.

No, sorry. I will have a look at the books, though.

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2018, 04:11:02 AM »

dean! oooohhh dean!! thank you so much, i wondered how to properly drain the yoghurt for so many recipes. i used to work for a lebanese family, there were recipes that were NOT shared with the staff, ever. randa( one of the sisters) used to make this sauce with what she called ' yoghurt drip" ,any idea what it is? it tasted of mint and something slightly bitter?

How was the drip served? It could be a few options depending on that. Off hand Tzatziki comes to mind, but there is plenty of other alternatives like the link below (good as a sauce to go with a meat dish)

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/minty-yoghurt-dip/

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
claws
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2018, 05:35:41 AM »

Yesterdays quick cuisine was mashed potatoes, ground beef and cauliflower baked in a creamy garlic cheese sauce (store bought) with mozzarella and bacon on top.
316zombie
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2018, 06:17:12 PM »

thanks all! and alex,before i post the chimi recipes,do you have any spice triggers with your gout issue? i've been learning to change up recipes to avoid gout triggers recently.
  frank, i would love it if you could find it, but no worries if you can't, okay?
dean, it wasn't tzaziki, no cucumbers in it. but it WAS green,a rather bright green,actually. and fairly thin,almost like a jus,rather than a sauce. and it had tan and black speckles in it, the tan was the bitter part, i think. pretty sure the black was just crushed peppercorn.
   john,do you use red or yellow or sweet onions for caramelizing?  this reminds me, i should post my homemade french onion dip recipe, it is addictive.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2018, 06:21:26 PM »

According to my doctors the trigger for gout is being dehydrated rather than any specific food. Obviously stuff like alcohol can be a problem thanks to the side effects. Have you been suffering from gout? If so you have my sympathies.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2018, 02:47:00 PM »

Heya, Alex's wife here. He's suggested I check this thread out and get some recipes and share some of my recipes. Unfortunately I don't have actual recipes for some of his favourite foods but I can find ones similar and tell you what I do differently. I do have many many recipes that I do have written down/typed up that I can share.

Baked Beans

2 (15 ounce) cans baked beans
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1/4 lb cooking bacon, or small pieces of bacon
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
2 slices bacon

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a 9x9 inch baking dish, combine the pork and beans, brown sugar, onion, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cooking bacon and vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with the bacon slices.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until sauce is thickened and bacon is cooked.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
3.Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

If you can tell me what kinds of recipes you are looking for I can narrow down what I share
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2018, 05:09:17 PM »

Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings

1 large container of chicken broth
8 boiled and de-boned chicken thighs
1 bag baby carrots
2 stalks chopped celery
1 chopped sweet onion
1 bag small frozen peas
chicken seasoning to taste
2 rolls of Pillsbury Grand Biscuits

Put all ingrediants in crook pot-except peas and biscuits-cook for 4 hours
add peas
add biscuits on top-shove 'em down in there
cook for 2 more hours

Walla!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
316zombie
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2018, 09:48:03 PM »

According to my doctors the trigger for gout is being dehydrated rather than any specific food. Obviously stuff like alcohol can be a problem thanks to the side effects. Have you been suffering from gout? If so you have my sympathies.
me? no,but my brother is, and one of my besties. my brother's big triggers are seafood,which is killing him, he loves seafood. my female friend's triggers seem to be meat of any kind.
   alcohol is off the table for both until they find the full  scope of their triggers, that's the last thing they'll test. both were recently diagnosed( in the last year), but they've been told to keep certain spices limited for now, like cumin,chili powder and pepper that isn't straight black pepper. oh, and a few herbs too, cilantro( coriander) , sage, all basils and all oreganos for now. 
  frankly, i'd starve to death! and i do get on them constantly bout the hydration thing, they are both bad about that.
316zombie
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2018, 09:50:54 PM »

Heya, Alex's wife here. He's suggested I check this thread out and get some recipes and share some of my recipes. Unfortunately I don't have actual recipes for some of his favourite foods but I can find ones similar and tell you what I do differently. I do have many many recipes that I do have written down/typed up that I can share.

Baked Beans

1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
salt and pepper to taste
2 slices bacon

Directions
In a 9x9 inch baking dish, combine the pork and beans, brown sugar, onion, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cooking bacon and vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with the bacon slices.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until sauce is thickened and bacon is cooked.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions
2.Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
3.Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

If you can tell me what kinds of recipes you are looking for I can narrow down what I share
hiya,and congratulations mama! what is cooking bacon, please?
316zombie
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2018, 09:54:38 PM »

1 bag baby carrots
2 stalks chopped celery
1 chopped sweet onion
1 bag small frozen peas

add peas
cook for 2 more hours

Walla!

RC!!! you've been watching too much television! it's VOILA,not walla!!! geez,you're just so...AMERICAN, lol!! and thank you, i didn't know you could do dumplings in a crockpot.
  baby sister will love this! 
316zombie
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2018, 09:58:52 PM »

Baked Beans

1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
salt and pepper to taste
2 slices bacon

Directions

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

oops, sorry, i missed the end of your post. we are looking for any and all recipes that are what YOU like to eat, or your family does, or in my case, my catering clients who are all rather strange eaters. easy desserts would be great, i SUCK at desserts,for example. i can't bake a cake to save my life, they fall in.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2018, 10:07:24 PM »

1 bag baby carrots
2 stalks chopped celery
1 chopped sweet onion
1 bag small frozen peas

add peas
cook for 2 more hours

Walla!

RC!!! you've been watching too much television! it's VOILA,not walla!!! geez,you're just so...AMERICAN, lol!! and thank you, i didn't know you could do dumplings in a crockpot.
  baby sister will love this! 

I say WALLA! because it's magic,man!  TeddyR

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2018, 10:09:18 PM »

I grew up  poor-basic ingriedants to make good food. Oh yeah- I'm still poor.  Wink

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2018, 10:13:19 PM »

Who ain't poor?  Voila! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  cooking/food thread. i can't find my old one, lol! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.