Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:54:56 PM
714424 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ALIEN LIFE « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ALIEN LIFE  (Read 4550 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 24, 2018, 09:47:05 AM »

(que X-files theme) da dada da dada beep beep beep.....

Do you believe in aliens?
I almost do. There seems to be endless "evidence" based on eye witness testimony, Crazy ufo videos and archeological stuff from the beginning of time. There seems to be a slow trickle of gov videos and reports that support this as well. Ancient peoples always believed in "star people" coming down doing great and magical things. Sometimes there was a clear distinction between their mythologies and "star people". There seems to be an overwhelming amount of "evidence" that support the existence of aliens, if approached logically and objectively, but on the other hand, you would have to be willing to believe in order to accept this.

I say why not, the universe is way too big for us to be alone. If we are alone, man, what a waste! Im open to it but not quite a believer, though I think I want to believe. tee hee. Of course there could be a gov conspiracy, they only tell us what we need to know. If some shady back door deals could be made to get some leverage over Russia or whoever, you know they would.

I think that either we are being visited and/or manipulated or military technology is way more advanced than we know.
thoughts?  da dada daa da beep beep beep.....

exterminate all rational thought.....
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 10:11:12 AM »

I seriously doubt alien life exists at all, and intelligent alien life is even more doubtful. Intelligent life visiting Earth is even less likely than that, and aliens visiting Earth and remaining undetected is even less likely than that.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 06:22:41 PM »

I find it hard to believe that in an infinate universe life only evolved on this one small ball of rock, especially given the increasing evidence that life on earth was kick started by microbes on meteors that crashed into the earth. It has been proven mathematically that it is impossible for life not to have evolved elsewhere (although I disagree that just because maths said so, that it must be true).

Wither or not they have visited the earth or not... well I find that less likely, although it is possible that they could come in a form that we wouldn't recognise as a life form. They may have ways of sensing around them entirely different to anything we can imagine and be impossible for us to communicate with.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 02:45:36 AM »

Intelligent life on other worlds? I hope so. It sure ain't here.

Seriously, I HAVE seen UFO's.
Now-do I think they were craft from outer space?
I dunno. I just had no clue wtf I was seeing. And these were NOT tiny lights in the sky. These were solid objects seen in broad daylight.
The were unidentified (by me,at least) and they were flying.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 03:25:42 PM »

It has been proven mathematically that it is impossible for life not to have evolved elsewhere (although I disagree that just because maths said so, that it must be true).

As far as I know it's impossible to calculate, since I can imagine no way to determine the statistical probability of life evolving from a sample size of one. You may be thinking of the Drake equation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation#Fraction_of_the_above_that_actually_go_on_to_develop_life,_fl

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 03:52:54 PM »

No, it was a simpler proof, that because the universe is infinite, that if you take even the smallest positive chance of there being alien life in the galaxy (say for the sake of argument 0.000000000000000000000000001% chance on any given planet, there has to be a positive chance because life has appeared on this planet, so if it can happen once it can happen again) and multiply it by infinity then you have an infinitely high chance of other life throughout the universe ergo there had to be life out there. It struck me as being a bit too twee. It also doesn't account for the possibility of some form of life evolving say in space or on star (again these would most likely be forms of life so completely removed from anything we could recognise or interact with that we most likely wouldn't be able to comprehend them as such).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 03:59:14 PM »

Just don't start bring in concepts like Brane Space. I frequently get headaches while reading on that one lol.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 05:27:23 PM »

No, it was a simpler proof, that because the universe is infinite, that if you take even the smallest positive chance of there being alien life in the galaxy (say for the sake of argument 0.000000000000000000000000001% chance on any given planet, there has to be a positive chance because life has appeared on this planet, so if it can happen once it can happen again) and multiply it by infinity then you have an infinitely high chance of other life throughout the universe ergo there had to be life out there. It struck me as being a bit too twee. It also doesn't account for the possibility of some form of life evolving say in space or on star (again these would most likely be forms of life so completely removed from anything we could recognise or interact with that we most likely wouldn't be able to comprehend them as such).

The universe never ends. And there might be other dimensions too! (I saw it on Star Trek.   Cheers)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 07:03:44 PM »

Man-I keep thinking of this (mostly because I'm drinking vodka and smoking pot) because-if WE are all this is- than we are f**ked!
No- I think in an infinite universe-we are dam sure not so cool. Gotta be more out there-it NEVER ENDS.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 07:08:46 PM »

I am very skeptical, as much as I would like to believe the Vulcans are waiting out there to meet us!
The range of conditions necessary for advanced life to develop are so incredibly narrow I find it very unlikely.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2018, 08:11:56 PM »

Yeah, if the universe were infinite, there'd be an infinite amount of extraterrestrial life. But I don't know of any physicist who thinks the universe is infinite. (Except via string multiverse theory, and that's a whole weird kettle of worms...)

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2018, 08:21:20 PM »

There are 3 planets in this solar system that could have been life bearing.  Earth,  Venus and mars.  Mars may have supported life long ago.  Venus could have if not for a massive planetary collision aeons ago that fubared it's biosphere. 

Several satellites in the solar system may support life.  Europa,  Enceladus abd Io.

Given the fact the solar system alone created numerous areas where life could have arose abd may have it's likely it arose numerous times in the 1-4 hundred billion other star systems in this galaxy alone.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2018, 09:02:18 PM »

I guess right now I'm more interested in why people seem to want to believe there is other life in the universe. I'm indifferent to the idea. Is it just that people think it would be cool, or is there something more to it than that?

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2018, 09:45:41 PM »

It might be fascinating to have another mind to exchange ideas and  philosophy with. After all,  what is the one thing no intellect,  no mind,  can produce?  A truly alien insight,  way of thinking,  thought process.

Also as is we do not know if an intelligent technological species can truly survive in the long term. Humanity looks quite ready to wipe itself out obe way or another in the next century or so.  Overpopulation,  environmental destruction,  warfare,  etc.  Can a species evolve to a high level of intelligence and technology abd survive indefinitely? Be nice to know someone made it to interstellar technology.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
dean

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 05:04:23 AM »

Aliens don't exist, too many objects would overload the servers of the simulation we're currently in  TeddyR

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ALIEN LIFE « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.