Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:37:03 PM
714408 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Braindead (1992) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Braindead (1992)  (Read 3478 times)
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« on: April 08, 2018, 06:30:54 PM »

I just finished watching this movie for the first time literally a few minutes ago and frankly im electrified. I have NEVER seen anything quite like this movie. it's like Evil Dead 2 on Steroids. everything is just cranked right up till its bordering on the absurd and the wonderful Cine,Direction and colour choices throughout really make this film pop. Its gross and nasty and wonderful and I cant believe I waited so long to watch it!

I'd always thought that "Meet the feebles" was Jacksons High water mark for subversive black comedy horror. but THIS!...this! was something truely special and i'd honestly say I think this is quite possibly his best work. and it pains me that he's seemingly not interested in making things like this anymore...I'd heard back in 2013 he was planning to remaster his first 3 horrors (Bad taste, feebles and braindead) but since then nothings been said...I do hope eventually those remasters see the light of day because I honestly think the only thing better than seeing this film on a gnarled Big box Ex-rental copy (As I did) would be seeing it in pin-point pristine 4k remastered bluray quality.

Hallelujah!...Holy sh!t!...wheres the tylonol...

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 06:44:47 PM »

I thought you meant the Bill Paxton/Bill Pullman BRAINDEAD (1990)

Small | Large

Otherwise-yeah... Jackson's BRAINDEAD is a gory, funny masterpiece fer sure!  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 06:51:38 PM »

I thought you meant the Bill Paxton/Bill Pullman BRAINDEAD (1990)

http://youtu.be/QtmqGe7740g

Otherwise-yeah... Jackson's BRAINDEAD is a gory, funny masterpiece fer sure!  Thumbup

Y'know; Im fairly certain I saw some of that movie on TV when I was quite a bit younger. that shot of the face being stretched seems terrifyingly familiar...though I imagine it must be really confusing having two films called braindead that are only seperated by a couple of years...I had a similar problem with the movie "Alien Species" (1995)...not to be confused with "Alien species" (1996)...or Species (1995)...its also known as "Alien Terminator" (1995)...Not to be confused with "Alien Terminator" (1988) or Terminator/Alien...which I've not seen...but apparently is all in spanish xD

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 07:11:08 PM »

Or the Larry Buchanan IT'S ALIVE (1968) which is a z-budget Black Lagoon Creature  and Larry Cohen's Killer Baby IT'S ALIVE (1974).
Or-! the Paul Naschy DRACULA VS FRANKENSTEIN, the Al Adamson DRACULA VS FRANKENSTEIN (1971) and the Jess Franco DRACULA CONTRA FRANKENSTEIN (1972)!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 08:40:04 PM »

"I kick ass, for the Lord!" kills me every time.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 04:41:39 PM »

"I kick ass, for the Lord!" kills me every time.

Totally agree xD I struggle to think what my favourite bit of the film is between the endlessly quotable dialogue and the totally unforgettable visuals xD

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 09:32:16 PM »

I have no idea why this movie doesn't have more of a following. 

It's got everything in it.  Great lines.  Sillyness.  Zombies.  Gore.  Absolute Disgusting stuff.  Romance. 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 05:33:43 AM »

Romance. 

Yeah- like the zombie priest doing the hibbity jibbity with the partially decapitated nurse!  BounceGiggle

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 08:23:13 PM »

It seems like there's two batches of Jackson fans.  The ones that came along around the Rings films/Hobbit films, and refuse to acknowledge and prior work.  And guys like me who appreciate the earlier work and refuse to watch anything he did later on.  Not for 'selling out', I'm just not a fan of the Rings books so watching the films isn't of interest.  So to speak.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 10:25:39 PM »

.  And guys like me who appreciate the earlier work and refuse to watch anything he did later on.  Not for 'selling out', I'm just not a fan of the Rings books so watching the films isn't of interest.  So to speak.

I'm with that bunch too.  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 01:05:58 AM »

It's got everything in it.  Great lines.  Sillyness.  Zombies.  Gore.  Absolute Disgusting stuff.  Romance. 

Not to mention a lawnmower!

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 07:47:55 PM »

It seems like there's two batches of Jackson fans.  The ones that came along around the Rings films/Hobbit films, and refuse to acknowledge and prior work.  And guys like me who appreciate the earlier work and refuse to watch anything he did later on.  Not for 'selling out', I'm just not a fan of the Rings books so watching the films isn't of interest.  So to speak.

As an experiment I showed my partner this. She was introduced to Jackson through the Lord of the rings movies (Which she loves dearly) and to quote her (And apologies for the language) after watching Braindead her exact words were "Im guessing it was intentionally trying to be s**t; but apart from the Kung-fu priest this is a really rubbish horror film" I cried a little inside and then tried to move on but the pain is real

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Braindead (1992) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.