Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:09:55 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst kaiju movie? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Worst kaiju movie?  (Read 13690 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 08:00:31 PM »

The only good gamers movie from the original series was "war of the monsters".

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »

Godzilla's Revenge

I remember crying from laughing so hard at this

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2018, 01:28:21 AM »

Godzilla's Revenge

I remember crying from laughing so hard at this

I remember nearly vomiting several times and repeatedly punching myself in the groin to distract myself from the horror.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2018, 03:13:34 PM »

KING KONG ESCAPES (1967) is not "the worst" but it is the best of the bad...  TeddyR 

Small | Large

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 04:44:00 PM »

You know the villain in KKE, Dr. Who  Buggedout, was voiced by the actor who did boris badenov in the rocky and bullwinkle show?

Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2018, 05:48:59 PM »

Since someone else mentioned Mozler from Thunder of the Gigantic Serpent, I figured I'd post a couple pictures of it just so everyone can see its true glory. It's literally a giant rubber snake that they had attack buildings.

Here's another honorable mention: The Milpitas Monster. I believe this film was actually a high-school project of sorts, so I have to cut it some slack, but it definitely still deserves its reputation and a bad monster movie.

! No longer available Small | Large

Thank god it's only a movie!

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2018, 08:44:57 PM »

The giant mutated sheep monster from GODMONSTER OF INDIAN FLATS is horrendously laughable.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2018, 10:00:03 PM »

The giant mutated sheep monster from GODMONSTER OF INDIAN FLATS is horrendously laughable.

That movie is a masterpiece of bad...Uhm... does that count as Kaiju? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2018, 10:03:31 PM »

I dunno...he's big- (well, bigger than the schoolgirls  Lookingup)
But cowboys on horses wrangle him, like a z budget GWANGI...he's bigger than the average sheep!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2018, 10:08:00 PM »

KING KONG ESCAPES (1967) is not "the worst" but it is the best of the bad...  TeddyR  

http://youtu.be/XrUFlFD4Lvo  

http://youtu.be/JwflknPypO8  

I seen KING KONG ESCAPES in the Strand the day before Halloween at a kiddie matinee in 1973!
Fantastic. I sat in the balcony. Which is the BEST. You can throw popcorn down on other kids!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 10:10:55 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2018, 11:57:14 PM »

That movie is a masterpiece of bad...Uhm... does that count as Kaiju? 

It depends. "Kaiju" literally just means "monster" or "strange beast" in Japanese, so I'd personally count just about any movie that centers around a monster-like creature. Although, when most people say "kaiju" they usually are talking about Japanese daikaiju (giant monster) films like Godzilla, Gamera, and whatnot, but I don't think that matters too much here?

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Pacman000
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2018, 10:37:49 AM »

Surprisingly, no one's mentioned A*P*E or The Mighty Peking Man yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ape_(1976_film)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mighty_Peking_Man
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2018, 11:30:31 PM »

King Kong (1962) is another bad movie that... isn't exactly a monster movie, but has a monster in it? Don't be deceived by the name, it's actually a Bollywood film that has absolutely nothing to do with the giant gorilla-like ape that pretty much everyone knows as "King Kong". Instead, it's about the wrestler Jingu who just happens to be nicknamed "King Kong" (gee, that's not confusing at all).

It isn't really a monster movie, but it is terrible, and there is a scene with a "Smoke Monster" (not like the one in Lost) that gets taken down by (not)"King Kong".

! No longer available Small | Large

As for something that's a little more centered around the monster, check out Nagira (2009). This almost got made into a movie, but to my knowledge, it was never released. It was a German project featuring a peculiar stop-motion mashup between a crab, a snake, and a piranha that attacked the country and they had to stop it with a giant toy robot.

Although the lack of budget this film had makes Asylum films look good, I still can't help but admire the dedication these people took into making something that's nothing more than a cheesy monster movie as a homage to giant monster movies. The farthest it seems to have gotten to being released was a trailer that's unfortunately gone now. Even though it was supposed to debut in specific film festivals, I can't find anything that suggests it ever succeeded, so as far as I know, this film is sadly lost.

Learn more about it here:
http://roberthood.net/blog/index.php/2009/11/01/nagira-mutant-monster-from-germany/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 11:34:37 PM by Gene Worm » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2018, 08:18:01 AM »

Surprisingly, no one's mentioned A*P*E or The Mighty Peking Man yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ape_(1976_film)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mighty_Peking_Man

Or YETI- GIANT OF THE 20th CENTURY.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2018, 08:37:23 AM »

Ah, yes, Gorga and Mozler the giant rubber snake are great candidates for "worst kaiju" as well. Forgot about the latter one, I need to see if I can find that movie again.

Another good bad one is Yonggary: Monster of the Deep, and even worse, its sequel Reptilian (aka Yonggary) which is basically a huge dose of really bad CGI overload.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the original Yonggary and his sequel counterpart (notice how one is all rubber and the other is all computer effects?):

Gimme the rubber Yonggrry any day.
I actually kind of like that movie. Right in the middle of the film, Yonggary starts dancing to rock and roll music!

Or maybe I'm thinking of Gappa?

Speaking as someone with come cgi experience I have to say this about retillian:

The cgi model designs were good.

The animations and movement were good.

The rendering and composition sucked bigly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst kaiju movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.