Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:16:08 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Marijuana? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Marijuana?  (Read 5987 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 22, 2018, 10:13:15 PM »

Legalize it or not?  I do not do marijuana,  I have no desire to use it but I believe it should be legalized.

Also I have seen a woman go thru breast cancer,  the whole 3 ring circus: removal,  radiation,  chemo.  She suffered baldness,  nausea,  sickness, all you've heard of.  She used marijuana illegally and it helped her tremendously.  I saw this.

I can see no reason whatsoever why marijuana would be illetal while alcohol and tobacco are legal.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 10:16:11 PM »

Would it be a good thing? No. Would it be the lesser evil compared to what we have now? Yes.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 10:22:07 PM »

Medicinal marijuana?  Absolutely, 100%.  It works better than most alternatives and has less side effects.
Recreational marijuana?  I've slowly come around on this.  I don't use the stuff (nor do I drink alcohol, for that matter) and really have no intention of trying it if it does become legal, but I think it would probably help empty out our overcrowded prisons, provide the government a new source of tax revenue, and increase sales at convenience stores and other purveyors of late-night snacks nationwide.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 10:23:41 PM »

I agree completely. It seems to me the reason it isn't legal is because of the private prison, alcohol, pharmaceutical and tobacco industries throwing money at politicians to keep it illegal to keep their business afloat. The fact it's illegal is absolutely atrocious and I've never heard a good reason as to why it shouldn't be legalized.

Would it be a good thing? No. Would it be the lesser evil compared to what we have now? Yes.

How is it evil?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 10:31:50 PM »

Marijuana legalization isn't something I'd get too passionate about one way or the other. Prohibition is a bad joke with deplorable consequences, but as for it being evil,  marijuana is only evil insofar as it's misused but like alcohol and much else I've seen it do harm to people in a variety of ways. If nothing else it got my pre-teen cousin raped.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 10:42:23 PM »

Medicinal marijuana?  Absolutely, 100%.  It works better than most alternatives and has less side effects.
Recreational marijuana?  I've slowly come around on this.  I don't use the stuff (nor do I drink alcohol, for that matter) and really have no intention of trying it if it does become legal, but I think it would probably help empty out our overcrowded prisons, provide the government a new source of tax revenue, and increase sales at convenience stores and other purveyors of late-night snacks nationwide.

I commend your views here. 

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 10:43:31 PM »

Back in my early teens, when they started teaching us why booze & cigarettes & angel dust & glue & all that other stuff was bad for you, all they had to say was "Marijuana is against the LAW! End of story!"
No examples of how it's bad for you or explanation of why it's illegal, and as such, no one's ever been able to that it should be or stay illegal.

Just let 'em have it & tax the Hell out of it.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 10:43:52 PM »

I agree completely. It seems to me the reason it isn't legal is because of the private prison, alcohol, pharmaceutical and tobacco industries throwing money at politicians to keep it illegal to keep their business afloat. The fact it's illegal is absolutely atrocious and I've never heard a good reason as to why it shouldn't be legalized.

How is it evil?

Exactly right.  America has allowed corporations to turn prisons in a for profit business built on consuming human lives.  

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 10:45:52 PM »

Legalized it so that the privatized prisons can go bankrupt. Plus there's worse drugs out there, weed should be viewed on the same level as alcohol. I've tried it, but didn't feel high. If I were to try it again I would eat it.

yeah no.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 04:54:01 AM »

Mom is a medical marijuana proponent so, yes to that but not recreational weed.

Although I do agree if people want it, allow it, tax it and so on.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 05:28:11 AM »

Also you can die from alcohol.  Directly and quickly.  Kids going to college learn that every year. The only people who die from marijuana use are actors in bad movies.

Tobacco kills abd we all know it,  except for experts who've sold their souls to big tobacco companies. 

Has marijuana directly killed anyone in reality?  I don't know.  The data says it's unlikely.

Anyway,  here.... 

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 08:50:23 AM »

Also you can die from alcohol.  Directly and quickly.  Kids going to college learn that every year. The only people who die from marijuana use are actors in bad movies.

Tobacco kills abd we all know it,  except for experts who've sold their souls to big tobacco companies.  

Has marijuana directly killed anyone in reality?  I don't know.  The data says it's unlikely.

Anyway,  here....  

I'd rather be around someone who was stoned than someone drunk, and I'm not bashing marijuana users or arguing against legalization, because I don't oppose legalization and I think most people are no worse off from the occasional bowl, but on the subject of marijuana being "harmless" I do have to say marijuana causes a sudden spike in heart rate and blood pressure and emergency room doctors have noticed a surge in cardiac incidents among marijuana users, especially baby boomers who think they can smoke as much at sixty as they used to at twenty, and their hearts testify otherwise.

Aside from accidents that happen to people when stoned, freakouts, children neglected, money spent on getting high that could go elsewhere, users driving under the influence, lost productivity, and overall bad judgment, the actual risks arising from marijuana use among the healthy are probably close to nil, but marijuana isn't totally harmless. It also is addictive and anyone who thinks it's not is naive.

It seems like most stoners I know smoke as a way of life, daily, many staying stoned all the time, and can anyone really make a case for that being a positive thing? That's why I described legalization as the lesser of evils, kind of like fighting a just war is a lesser evil.

While there are lots of older stoners, most people sort of....outgrow pot anyway, one way or the other. Kind of like the other trademarks of youth like social protests and fashionable causes and wanting to live in Prague, like half my friends talked about doing in the '90s. (None did.)

I once saw a NORML study that asked why marijuana use peaks in the 20s and declines sharply in the 30s and thereafter, and I thought, well, real life replaces childhood.

Anyway, legalize it, tax it, shut down the criminal element and free up prison space, yeah, but let's not pretend it's a good thing to sanction more intoxication.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 09:03:30 AM »

Legalize and tax it.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 03:03:52 PM »

FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO SAY LEGALIZE AND TAX IT DID YOU KNOW that they already tax drugs even tho they're illegal? the drug taxes are exorbitant and impossibly high and paying them does not protect you from the penalties of drug use or possession, but not paying them allows the system to "pile on" penalty after penalty.

https://www.treatmentsolutions.com/drug-tax-stamps/

Yes they already tax drugs at rates that are higher than the drugs themselves. They know people won;t pay the tax so it lets them make a tax caSE OUT OF POSSESSION AND APPLY MORE PANALTIES AND TAKE MORE OF A PERSON'S MONEY. damn caps key.

http://norml.org/component/zoo/category/marijuana-tax-stamp-laws-and-penalties

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 03:06:11 PM »

Basically I think this exactly, except I drink alcohol. The other main reasons being that tobacco and alcohol, while being legal, can be more harmful to people than  marjuana.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Marijuana? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.