Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:25:12 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I just saw the most idiotic animated film ever « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I just saw the most idiotic animated film ever  (Read 5949 times)
Thema
« on: April 03, 2001, 02:22:41 AM »

Has anybody seen Heavymetal 2000. I bought it on sale and it reminded me why I don't like American films. The movie was more like a loooong music video than a movie, plus it had bad voice acting, supid plot, really bad animation and it was ugly(I mean really ugly) and the storyline was probably ripped of of some animation ment for children, but they added gore and sex in some parts of the movie  to make it K15 rated(sold only to person who is atleast 15yo). I haven't watched it for days and it still annoys me. this thing would deserve a skull rating on this site.
Warren H.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2001, 09:38:59 AM »

Gotta agree.  The first Heavy Metal movie had its flaws but it was a highly enjoyable bit of American animation, especially the final segment.  Heavy Metal 2000 is a blight upon the first movie's reputation.  I hate to criticize Julia Strain's voice acting so harshly but . . . it was horrible, the reason I couldn't finish the movie (I got about 20 minutes into it).  Plus, the villain isn't really evil, he was made evil by that stupid key thing he found.  That just, I dunno, SUCKS.  Couldn't he have been an already evil guy who found the key?  Oh, well.  I'm going to go watch the original Heavy Metal and get this bad taste out of my mouth.
Josh Leman
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2001, 12:09:39 PM »

Haven't seen HM2000 but I'm a huge fan of the original.  I admit it's pretty stupid and poorly animated, but Elmer Bernstein's musical score is incredible and the whole film just gives you this great feeling that you're wasting your time and enjoying every second of it.  Plus, it covers just about every B-movie genre there is--sword and sorcery, alien invaders, grimy futuristic urban thriller, and even zombies!  I can't believe it hasn't been reviewed on this site yet (I'd probably give it four slimes).
Zombie Keeper
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2001, 02:27:21 PM »

You want good animation? See some of Ray Harryhasuens stuff. 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Jason and the Argranauts, Clash of the Titans and so forth.

or

See the "Thunderbirds", recently re-released on VHS and DVD in box sets.

Zombie Keeper - http://www.zombiekeeper.com/
Curtis
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2001, 02:09:33 AM »

Thanks Thelma,
My video store has this on sale. You just saved me 7 bucks!
Curtis
Curtis
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2001, 02:10:22 AM »

Thanks Thelma,
My video store has this on sale. You just saved me 7 bucks!
Curtis
peter johnson
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2001, 12:58:33 AM »

I hated the first one, too -- a lot.  Reason?:  We were promised that some of Richard Corben's stuff would be faithfully recreated in press releases at the time of the original.  Ever read a real Corben comic book?  Nothing whatever to do with Heavy Metal.  The college crowd I saw it with in the '70's laughed at it & thought it a waste of time.  I still think so, and hence would not see the new one.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2001, 01:29:23 AM »

Well, the HEAVY METAL magazine is usually pretty laughable.  Lots of T & A and laughable extremism.  Every once in a while their will be something good.  So I thought the movie was pretty true as it appeals to the prurient interests of teenage boys.

I never liked Richard Corben.  His style of realism with the exaggeration of Simon Bisley never appealed to me, and the stories always seemed sophomoric.  Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, I haven't seen HM2000, but I do own the original HEAVY METAL DVD.  It does have quite a few extras, including a gallery of every Heavy Metal cover up to the time it was released.

At any rate, I think HEAVY METAL was much better than other "adult" animations t come out during that time period.  Say what you will about Ralph Bakshi, I never liked him.
Abby
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2001, 02:34:59 AM »

Heavy Metal 2000 was a crime. And the weirdest thing is: Eastman is supposed to be a millionaire from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle thing. You'd never guess when watching Heavy Metal 2000.

The original movie used to be one of my favorite movies back in High School. I still like it. Stern is a great adaptation. And Den ...

Chick: "The rising moon climaxes our love, Den ... it is a sign."

John Candy: "Yes. A sign. (I had no idea what she was talking about."

I have a mountain of vintage mags, too.

I suffer from a love/hate thing with Bakshi. I've seen everything he made now, I think. I saw Fritz in high school, and it was fairly unique to me at the time. I still thing it's his most interesting effort (the crow/pool scene is pretty neat). But his other flicks ... some are God-awful. Most of all, they're all really shallow, yet they try to be adult and deep.  Coonskin is sort of artsy, but there's no depth ... so it's just dumb. Same goes for the autobiographical early Bakshi movie about the cartoonist and the hooker/waitress.

Then there's the Wizards period. I know a lot of folks who love Wizards, but it always bored me to tears ... a waste of some nice character designs. His Lord of the Rings is a travesty. Almost nothing redeeming about it.

American Pop is really nice-looking. The animation is very interesting, and I don' t mind rotoscope at all when done well. But the story is painful. So trite. And boring.

'Fire and Ice' is OK ... but like Lord of the Rings, it ends suddenly (though less so) and it gives the feeling that he ran out of cash again. That was based on a Frazetta thing ... another Heavy Metal alumnus. Probably decent because Ralph didn't write the story.

Cool World is hideous ... and it gets worse with time. I think it's funny that before it came out, he made all sorts of pompus claims that Roger Rabbit was a rip off of his technique, and he'd show everybody how lame RR really was with Cool World.

I do like his TV stuff, though. I am the proud owner of all of the original Mighty Heros cartoons (rope man, tornado man, diaper man, cuckoo man) . The Mighty Mouse cartoons he did with the Ren and Stimpy guy in the late 80's were also brilliant at the time (pre-Simpsons).
Abby
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2001, 03:02:21 AM »

Ugh ... I hate typos in headers. I'm over-worked. Forgive me.

HEROES HEROES HEROES HEROES.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I just saw the most idiotic animated film ever « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.