Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:47:46 AM
714431 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  eBay Trouble « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: eBay Trouble  (Read 2380 times)
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 06, 2018, 03:33:07 PM »

I found some great deals on eBay, but the damn site is not accepting my payment. Anyone ever have this problem and know how to fix it?

I tried 4 credit cards and PayPal. I’ve never had a problem using any of the credit cards before and even used one today. I also know at least one card is compatible with eBay as I used it about a month back with no issue. Also, I am buying from 6 different sellers and read it was best not to add them to cart in case one does not take cards. I tried Buy it Now on each of them and they all say they accept the kind of card I am using. One miraculously actually went through. The other five still keep spitting out the same error message.

I’m tempted just to give up and spend two to three times as much getting items on Amazon where I’ve never had a problem.
316zombie
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 03:39:44 PM »

what does the error message say?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 04:12:02 PM »

As 316zombie says, it is hard to advise you without knowing what the error says. If you have a paypal account try paying via that on the same accounts and see what happens. Otherwise, check you have the money in the account to cover the purchase, and that the cards haven't expired I guess?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 04:21:15 PM »

what does the error message say?

It says your payment was not accepted please try another payment option. As I said I know all the cards I am using work and even used one today. One purchase on eBay even went through, but I am buying from 6 different sellers and heard others who have had the same problem advise using the buy now option in case one seller account is not accepting a certain payment for whatever reason. I have thousands in the accounts I am using so I don’t think not having money in the account should be an issue for buying something that cost $12z

Thank you all for any suggestions :)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 04:24:22 PM »

Might be an internal problem on the site. Have you tried contacting ebay? If they've done a software update it could be a bug, or a downed server. My wife bought some stuff off them yesterday and the payment stuff was working fine then.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 05:00:52 PM »

Might be an internal problem on the site. Have you tried contacting ebay? If they've done a software update it could be a bug, or a downed server. My wife bought some stuff off them yesterday and the payment stuff was working fine then.

I tried before years ago. I remember they just kept me on hold forever then not resolved my problem. I think I unconsciously quit eBay the first time then as I wasn’t particular angry or anything, but I guess when I thought of my buying options I had a negative association with the site. Since getting back to it I hadn’t had any other problems until today.

I’ll try a few other things and then give customer service a call. I just have a feeling it’s going to be a headache without any results.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 05:08:16 PM »

Email them rather than calling then?

dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 05:56:09 PM »

Email them rather than calling then?

No need to now :)

I used my debit card that directly takes the money from my checking account and that worked on the rest of my purchases. I won’t get the cash back points I would have with my credit cards but at least it worked. Their payment system must have some major flaws in it as their help forums are littered with people having similar problems some of which were resolved with different solutions and some weren’t resolved at all. I’ll still use eBay as like I said I spent 2-3 times less than I would have on Amazon. It can sure be a headeache though :)

Anyway, thanks for your help :)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 05:59:44 PM »

Glad you got it sorted.

316zombie
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 03:13:44 PM »

i did some checking with my seller group, and ebay is instituting a new payment system that is messing things up big time. your debit card should be fine, and we suggest that you link your cards to your paypal account for future purchases. you can list them in a preference order so whichever one gives you the best cashback points is your default, but the others are available for sellers who might not accept that particular card.
   that way you can use the cart next time, and it's also safer for you. your seller doesn't see your card number at all if you use a paypal link, hence no risk to your cards. Cheers
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  eBay Trouble « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.