Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:50:34 AM
714431 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Be careful what you wish for... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Be careful what you wish for...  (Read 1678 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 06, 2018, 10:10:37 PM »

You know what "they" say about being careful what you wish for? 

For once,  "they're" right.

I've always wanted to see a rich criminal get as harsh a punishment as a poor one would get.

Well, I got my wish and now I have a bad taste in my mouth over it.
https://michaelbaisden.com/bill-cosby-is-having-a-hard-time-in-prison-after-falling-down-and-having-food-thrown-on-him/

You know,  Cosby committed horrible acts.  He deserves justice.  If they'd caught and convicted him 30 years ago,  I'd have been OK with tossing him in genpop and hoping people took turns on him.

Yeah,  when he was like in his late 30's-early 40's I'd had toss him in a maxsec prison and let justice be done.

The thing is,  bill Cosby is like 74, i:'be seenmhow hard life can be on the over 70 set and I donate a heart,  whatever some people may think of me.

While I might have seen a 40 year old rapist tossed in prison and get his just desserts served up sans Vaseline,  I just cannot feel the same with about a 74 year old feeble,  frail man who is basically blind and needs a cane to walk.

Cosby should be in prison,  but a maxsec for a man in his condition is asinine. Bernie madhoff hurt a lot of people teriibky and was sentenced to a club fed prison.  Cosby should get a cell in the same prison as madhoff is in.

Yeah,  I got to see a rich man treated like a poor man would be in the same situation,  and now my empathy has to keep me from enjoying it...  Buggedout

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 10:13:40 PM »

I would be happy to see Cosby in solitary, or in a minimum security prison.  He's old, blind, and little danger to others right now.
He's received what may effectively be a life sentence, and he's also suffered the humiliation of going from one of the most admired African-American men in the country to one of the most reviled.
No need to pile on and inflict physical torment on an old blind man.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 03:36:49 AM »

Sven, you sure do believe in discrimination based on above-average income, lol. You seem obsessed with "rich people" like no one I know. So when judging a crime the economic status of a convict should be a factor in how someone is treated and sentenced? Poor, rich, react to the offense, not someone's background.  (Ye gods, there has to be something better to do at four-thirty AM than mix it up with Sven....)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 03:38:56 AM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 04:28:14 AM »

Poor old Bill, got a stale hot dog bun thrown at him. Boy, that's hell.
Should have thought of that before he raped all those women.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 04:49:07 AM »

Poor old Bill, got a stale hot dog bun thrown at him. Boy, that's hell.
Should have thought of that before he raped all those women.

He also fell because he was not allowed a cane.

Honestly if you're a prison staffer and are afraid of a 74 year old mostly bling man even with a cane, you should reconsider your job. He's classed as a "violent offender" which i understand given his conviction but dammit he's also pretty much physically incapable of much violence.

One thing I hate s how "policy" and labeling overcomes common sense. You label a man a violent criminal because he committed sexual  assaults, thru drugging, 35 years ago and ignore the reality that today he's probable incapable of much sex or violence. Why do institutions of all types become so riddled with inanely rigid policies that common sense and judgement are all but verbotten...

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Be careful what you wish for... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.