Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:06:50 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Octopus : More pain then a Marine can stand. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Octopus : More pain then a Marine can stand.  (Read 2010 times)
Flangepart
« on: May 28, 2002, 11:30:56 AM »

Andrew....my man. I can sence the disterbance in the force when ever that crappfest plays. As millions of brain cells cry out in horror, and are suddenly silenced. Oh, God....i hate Roy! The whole crew of the sub and the cruise ship should b***h slap that Wuss! Arghhhhh! Stupid, stupid rat creature! May he burn in hell reserved for those who allow evil to escape because of poor potty training! Or what ever made him the....calm down mike, its only a movie...its only a movie. I hate that movie! There i, said it, and i'm proud! Andrew....if you ever need extream punishment for some infraction by one of your charges....make 'em watch this! NO! Make Osama watch this movie......Now thats revenge, brother!
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2002, 12:36:24 PM »

God, talk about something to make feel the scathing contempt the filmmakers feel for the target audience.  I cannot remember being so blatantly insulted and spat up by movie in recent memory.  Horrible, terrible, painful, toxic.  Argh!

AND THEY ARE MAKING A SEQUEL!!!!!!!
John Morgan
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2002, 01:14:38 PM »

SEQUEL!!??!!??

SAY IT ISN'T SO!!  PLEASE, SAY IT AIN"T SO
Akira Tubo
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2002, 01:35:09 PM »

This movie is one of the worst ever made as far as I'm concerned.
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2002, 05:51:34 PM »

A sequal? Dear, god why? what, the movie watchers haven't suffered enough? This is a job for (Ta-ta-ta-taaaaaaa!)... SEQUAL BUSTER! Sworn enemy of all wretchedy unnessary returns to the unhollowed ground of bad cinema. With his trusty sidekick, RERUN LAD, S.B. is dedicated to the propasition that all screenplays are NOT created equal. But can even (Ta-ta-ta-taaaa!), Sequal Buster , stand up to the quivering menace that is, (Gasp!) OCTOPUS!? We enter as S.B. b***h slaps a filmland suit into a coma, while screaming "You lookin' for another flameing tentacle up the sphincter,boy?" .....................................................
J.R.
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2002, 09:00:57 PM »

If Jesus loves us, why does he let these movies be made?
Steven Millan
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2002, 02:45:25 AM »

I heavily agree with everyone that "Octopus" is indeed an absolute stinker.  It's a movie so terrible,so incredibly boring,that even my VCR spit the tape out after thirty minutes of viewing,with no exciting action happening whatsoever. Every VCRs have their own limits.
                      At least Fred Olen Ray, Jim Wynorski,and David DeCoteau would have had that giant octopus terrorize the lead girl within the first twenty minutes,as well as made a far more entertaining movie to boot.
Squishy
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2002, 04:19:53 AM »

It's fun to explore the IMDb entry for Octopus II--director Yossi Wein (sic) also made the infamous US Seals and a few other filmfarts, many of which are rotting away in the can (such as Octopus II--and the brilliantly-titled Disaster). A personal review in the IMDb entry says that, in Japan (where lots of truly horrible movies go straight-to-video long before US release), it is known as "Octopus Attacks New York." Blargh.
Andrew
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2002, 12:49:33 AM »

As Flange guessed (and seems to commiserate), I have very little love for this movie.  The Wuss is infuriating and the general lack of common sense involved in making the feature is frightening.

Fred Olen Ray would have had a number of females in the movie, often without their tops to boot.

Andrew
Akira Tubo
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2002, 11:00:21 PM »

This is my favorite, typically inaccurate, IMDB comment for Octopus:

"In this movie, Miss Lowery plays an expert in cephalopods. Her performance is funny, clever, fresh and full of energy. She delivers a highly watchable and enjoyable performance that transcends what probably started out as a very stock character. Her skills are noteworthy and she comes across as an actress with a solid grasp on both drama and comedy. Overall, Carolyn Lowery steals the"

Nope, sorry, buddy.  Miss Lowery was the exact opposite of all those things -- and it wasn't just the material being poor to begin with.  I usually don't like to insult actors who appear in movies with bad scripts and directors but, in this case . . .
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Octopus : More pain then a Marine can stand. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.