Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:05:26 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Anyone Have TRUE Ghost Story? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone Have TRUE Ghost Story?  (Read 2596 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: October 28, 2018, 10:07:17 AM »

Main word up there is TRUE. No kidding, no tall tales, first-hand (or maybe credible second-hand) only. (And, Indy, no Black Coffin!) Want to share?

While I've heard many ghost stories----the supposed demon in the church in Ireland after WWI my mother grew up being told as a cautionary tale, the little boy who saw dead old people in the funeral home my aunt used to tell me about her friend, a haunted house on an island in Maine I heard about in college----I only have two, one of mine, one of my dad's, that'd I vouch for as absolutely real, though I wouldn't stake my life either count as ghostly, just odd.

I'll put my dad's, which is simpler than mine, in a separate post.

I've shared mine here before, but in a nutshell in early 1995, when my life was in turmoil and maybe more open to being haunted, ha, I went to visit my grandma at a comprehensive care center after she had strokes, and as I went down a hall I passed a room where an old woman lay sleeping.

She looked Hawaiian, maybe Hispanic, possibly Asian, kind of dark-skinned, anyhow, with cards and flowers in her room, a rosary on her nightstand, a crucifix on the wall (well, there was one in every room) and I saw all this in passing.

I visited with my grandma, who was not in a conscious state, and as I came back up the hall I saw the room where the old woman had been was totally empty, which struck me as strange since I hadn't heard her wheeled out and there was so much stuff on the walls in there it would have been a job getting it all out, so as I signed out at the floor desk, I asked the nurse there what happened to the woman in the room, did she get moved?

She asked who I meant, so I described the old woman, and the attendant's face got strange, and she said it sounded like Mrs Blahblahblah, but she hadn't been in that room in months and had died.

Being who I was at that age I put it down to a scientifically explainable time slip and went on without it impacting me a great deal, but that's the closest I have to a ghost story, and it's completely true.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 10:15:11 AM »

My dad's is very simple, and he refuses to see it as ghostly, he doesn't believe in much of anything, truth be told, an incredibly intelligent, discerning human being he is, but admits he can't explain it and it amuses him that I say it is paranormal.

Briefly: Many years ago he was to have a meeting a large concert hall in an urban area, a hall commonly listed as haunted, built in the 1870s literally atop a Potter's field, bones turned up during construction of an elevator shaft in the 1980s, just all straight out of a King story, and he waited in the foyer area, which is about thirty yards long and twenty wide, marble floor, footsteps are easily heard, the doors at both ends and the center where the auditorium is are loud when they open.

He set a folder of papers down at a desk shaped like a horseshoe (and called the horseshoe, what are the odds) and waited a few moments with his back turned on the papers.

When the man he was meeting came downstairs my dad heard him from a distance because acoustics are perfect, and while he was certain he was alone in the foyer the entire time, the folder he set there was gone. He knew he brought it in and set it there but went back to his car to make sure, and it wasn't in the car, it was just gone, never found, and he has no idea how that happened.

Another absolutely true story.

justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 04:41:36 AM »

I worked at a theatre for many many years and we had at least one ghost in the theatre, there was more than once when I was alone in the building and I'd hear a voice on the stage, some said it was just people in the alley talking outside the stage door but it was next to impossible to stand next to that door when cars were parked in the alley, there were also the unexplained instances of props showing up in the lobby where they shouldn't have been or the rope suddenly swinging across the stage.
I was fine being there alone during the day but I hated being alone there at night.
claws
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 06:31:29 AM »

Not sure if I posted this before. Two years ago, September 2016, during nightshift I decided to take a small break at work. It was 1:25 am and I went outside our hall and walked to the end of a connected hall/building. There's a container filled with sand for use in winter, it's just a couple inches away from the connecting building's end and a neat little spot to sit on. About 160 feet to my right there's another company/building and when looking straight ahead there's a yet another big building about 600 - 650 feet away. We are seperated by a field and a long stretch of wild growing bushes, a few random small trees and tall grass which leads all the way to the main road on my left (350 feet).

So I was looking at the stars and noticed movement on my left. I turn my head and see a person on the sidewalk, moving from right to left. Couldn't make out much details but the person appeared to be male. I could clearly see the outline of his body though (seems like he was bald and had a pointy nose), since there's a streetlight on the other side of the road shining orange light. My first thought was he must be drunk so I lean back afraid he might spot me (he actually couldn't have seen me as I was sitting in complete darkness). Not sure why but I thought if someone is walking around at 1:25 am in a lonely warehouse district he must be drunk or up to something. Then I noticed the person was standing still, then turning around and walking in the opposite direction and then stopping again. I should point out that the person was slightly obscured by the tall grass und bushes. I also had a feeling that the man wasn't walking on the sidewalk but inside the narrow stretch of bushes and grass. His strange "walk" went on for a minute or two, walking a few steps, stop, turn, walking a few steps. At some point he turned and stopped in my direction. It was like he was walking in a circle.

Yes, I thought I'm experiencing a hallucination or something though I don't take drugs and I don't drink. I looked away a few times rubbing my eyes but the person was still there walking in circles, almost robot-like. So I continue watching than all of sudden the man disappears, just a few moments before a car passes by. I thought how strange! Where did he go? There are only a few possibilities. Either he dropped down to the ground or he is positioned at an odd angle obscured by bushes. I never looked away the moment he disappeared so I was kind of curious and slowly walked towards the road always staring at the spot I last saw the man. I won't lie, it was kind of creepy and I actually felt goosebumps. So I walked slowly near the spot just a few feet away and there is nothing. I look up and down the road and there is not a soul. If anything, the man could've bend down and walked into the field on the right and out of my sight but only if he ran bend down, but why would anybody do this? From where he was standing it was impossible to see me because I was sitting in complete darkness. Just didn't make sense.

The more I thought about the sighting, the more I was weirded out. When my shift was over I took another look in daylight and I saw the tall grass was flattened in a circle where I thought the man was walking about. I didn't look or noticed before I went to work so maybe it was already flat (there are plenty of deer and rabbits so it is a possibility they made it).

I do believe in ghosts but I'm not sure what I saw that night. If it was a real person then how could he disappear so fast? I did look again the following night. I thought that maybe if it's a ghost, maybe it is stuck in a loop of sorts appearing every night at the same spot at the same time. He didn't appear but the same car from the night before passed again at almost the exact same time.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 02:41:32 AM by claws » Logged
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 11:22:25 AM »

I saw Ghost perform twice in concert, I'll see them again on the day before Thanksgiving. Oh wait, wrong ghost. TongueOut TeddyR

yeah no.
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 02:42:31 PM »

when I moved into my flat 6 years ago, every morning there would be what looked like a small pool of blood in the shower. I say blood because that's exactly what it looked like. I'd have to spend a couple of minutes each morning washing it away. I also took a few photos of it, but for some reason in the photos the 'blood' ( or whatever it was)  looked more pinkish than red (and the phone with the photos on broke and I don't have them any more, inevitably). After about 3 months it stopped and it has never happened again. no idea what it was!

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 03:03:53 PM »

when I moved into my flat 6 years ago, every morning there would be what looked like a small pool of blood in the shower. I say blood because that's exactly what it looked like. I'd have to spend a couple of minutes each morning washing it away. I also took a few photos of it, but for some reason in the photos the 'blood' ( or whatever it was)  looked more pinkish than red (and the phone with the photos on broke and I don't have them any more, inevitably). After about 3 months it stopped and it has never happened again. no idea what it was!

Cooler to read about than to have dealt with, I'm sure. I'm just going to toss this out here, but did the tub maybe sit atop spot where Sir Simon de Canterville was stabbed? (Karma for the reference, anyone?)

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 03:10:18 PM »

Cooler to read about than to have dealt with, I'm sure. I'm just going to toss this out here, but did the tub maybe sit atop spot where Sir Simon de Canterville was stabbed? (Karma for the reference, anyone?)

The Canterville Ghost?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 03:16:07 PM »

The Canterville Ghost?

And the Pict descendant gets a point!

zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 03:30:07 PM »

never heard of that guy... I was starting to wonder if it was something like an old murder took place in my shower or maybe a suicide though.

it started off spooky but soon it just became annoying because it was really tough to wipe off.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Anyone Have TRUE Ghost Story? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.