Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:37:34 AM
714431 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's your job? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: What's your job?  (Read 6872 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: November 16, 2018, 10:09:59 PM »

I don't work no mo'. After two stints and a quad by-pass- I'm pretty f**ked. I waited almost 3 f**king years to get my SS!.
And they f**ked me out of most of my back pay too!
But- before that I worked at Honee Bear Canning Co. in Lawton Mi. for 30 useless years . The folks I worked with were great- best folks on Earth. The Job sucked. And paid VERY bad. With looong hours. It was like prison!
So what's your job-and don't be ashamed if your on SSI- becuase I am too.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 10:32:45 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 10:16:01 PM »

Let's see - my full time job is as a history teacher at a private Christian school.
Then I teach night classes at the local community college.
And I write books and sell them every place I can.
And I raise goats.
And I sell Indian artifacts and fossils.
That, plus my wife's job,  keeps most of the bills paid!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 10:24:41 PM »

I did a variety of unskilled labor jobs that didn't pay the bills until dubya said people like me weren't willing to do that work, so I went on ss & eventually started doing volunteer radio in the inane hope that it might lead to something, and on dec 1, I'm taking a four hour course on forklift driving, because I'm still looking for some *&%! job to offset the ss, because that doesn't pay the bills either, and I hate my life...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 10:27:11 PM »

Let's see - my full time job is as a history teacher at a private Christian school.
Then I teach night classes at the local community college.
And I write books and sell them every place I can.
And I raise goats.
And I sell Indian artifacts and fossils.
That, plus my wife's job,  keeps most of the bills paid!

Wel-Nyah Nyah!  TongueOut
Kidding, my freind. Your very multi talented.  Thumbup
AH! I did draw MORON KOMIX for the local paper for 10 years! Didn't pay good- but I enjoyed it!
I also dug underground cable, worked in 2 machine shops, on a garbage truck in NYC, and picked so much f**king fruit as a teenager I still don't eat much fruit.
I also worked at Ted Nugents mink ranch in Marcellus MI feeding and killing mink!  Bluesad Which was the worst, most disgusting, and low paying job I ever had in my life.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 10:30:27 PM »

I did a variety of unskilled labor jobs that didn't pay the bills until dubya said people like me weren't willing to do that work, so I went on ss & eventually started doing volunteer radio in the inane hope that it might lead to something, and on dec 1, I'm taking a four hour course on forklift driving, because I'm still looking for some *&%! job to offset the ss, because that doesn't pay the bills either, and I hate my life...

Driving a lift truck is easy. It's a breeze. If you can drive a tractor or riding lawnmower, you can drive a lift truck.
Now getting any kind of livable wage of it....!  Bluesad

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 10:32:21 PM »

Currently doing some residential carpentry. Hopefully I'll be doing some CAD work soon.(Computer Aided Drafting)

yeah no.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 10:44:22 PM »

Driving a lift truck is easy. It's a breeze. If you can drive a tractor or riding lawnmower, you can drive a lift truck.

IKR
Just as long as I'm not the one loading the pallets.
I'm trying to work with several different agencies to help me find something part time & still keep my ss, just that employers have gotten spoiled & lazy.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 10:48:28 PM »

Currently doing some residential carpentry. Hopefully I'll be doing some CAD work soon.(Computer Aided Drafting)

I did just the opposite!
In upstate NY in 1979, when I was 17, I was part of a crew that went around with sledge hammers and crow bars and  knocked old houses and barns down.  To salvage the....I dunno. Shoulda just burned the f**kers down. Didn't pay worth a f**k. But it was fun! And we were all drunk!  Cheers

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 10:52:16 PM »

IKR
Just as long as I'm not the one loading the pallets.
I'm trying to work with several different agencies to help me find something part time & still keep my ss, just that employers have gotten spoiled & lazy.

The thing is-they will hire forklift drivers with experiance doing it- (and there are LOTS of them) before they will hire you.
That's just the way it is. They just don't want somebody in a factory, with 10 other lift trucks, running into a wall.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 11:17:30 PM »

I did just the opposite!
In upstate NY in 1979, when I was 17, I was part of a crew that went around with sledge hammers and crow bars and  knocked old houses and barns down.  To salvage the....I dunno. Shoulda just burned the f**kers down. Didn't pay worth a f**k. But it was fun! And we were all drunk!  Cheers
Oh I do demoing in carpentry. It's fun.

yeah no.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 12:01:21 AM »

Uber. I've done all kinds of driving jobs. amazon, delivering fruit thingies and cookies trees you name it.

It was difficult at first to adjust to all the socialization inherent in uber, but I really appreciate the flexibility and not having a boss,strict hours etc

Guys: if you wear too much cologne please stop or take the bus. I don't want to smell that crap
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 12:30:13 AM »

I did just the opposite!
Oh I do demoing in carpentry. It's fun.

It was a blast!  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 03:34:19 AM »

I am a junior non-commissioned officer in the Royal Air Force, currently working in a department where I make sure any repairs and modifications required on Typhoon aircraft are embodied at our camp and with any of our deployed squadrons. Previously in the RAF I started out working on the electrical parts of the Rolls Royce RB199 engines on Tornado's, anti missile defences (chaff, flares and anti  radar guided measures), spend some time on 617 (Dambusters Sqn) and a couple of years on a rapid deployment wing, where if a war broke out anywhere in the world we would be there within 24 hours setting up the initial base in a non-permissive environment (fancy talk for "You are going to be shot at" basically). In 17 1/2 years I've spent 32 months (for work) outside my country, so that isn't too bad.

I do have a cover story if I am somewhere, where admitting what my job is could cause problems (on a train full of Arab's, certain places in Glasgow with high catholic or Irish populations (most of the central west of Scotland), I tell people instead that I am a location scout for an adult movie company.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:37:58 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 01:10:31 PM »

I'm currently employed as a quality inspector in an underpants factory.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018, 01:32:50 PM »

Dam, Alex. Your like James Bond!  Thumbup
Trevor- your like -I dunno! But I know your real job and envy you!  Cheers

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's your job? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.