Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:53:40 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's on your computer desk right now? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What's on your computer desk right now?  (Read 6915 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 04:01:50 PM »

A brand new shrunken head. In fact it just arrived.  I just got it from a pen pal of mine on a remote island. I remember telling him how annoyed I was by some of these missionaries who go around  trying to convert me to their religion and he said he agreed.

Shame you couldn't have gone and picked it up in person.

Hey, as long as you don';t try to go in and change everything about those people they're ok.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 04:06:25 PM »

A brand new shrunken head. In fact it just arrived.  I just got it from a pen pal of mine on a remote island. I remember telling him how annoyed I was by some of these missionaries who go around  trying to convert me to their religion and he said he agreed.

Hey, as long as you don';t try to go in and change everything about those people they're ok.
Not really. In 1981 they tried to kill the crew of a stranded Dutch ship and about a decade ago murdered two fishermen who'd anchored offshore. None of those people were on the island and none were trying to "change"  them. They sound like xenophobic savages who'd be much improved by hearing the love one another message of Jesus.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2018, 05:56:00 PM »

A brand new shrunken head. In fact it just arrived.  I just got it from a pen pal of mine on a remote island. I remember telling him how annoyed I was by some of these missionaries who go around  trying to convert me to their religion and he said he agreed.

Not really. In 1981 they tried to kill the crew of a stranded Dutch ship and about a decade ago murdered two fishermen who'd anchored offshore. None of those people were on the island and none were trying to "change"  them. They sound like xenophobic savages who'd be much improved by hearing the love one another message of Jesus.

Chances are, given these people have been isolated from the rest of the world for so long that contacting them would unfortunately quite quickly lead to them being decimated by modern diseases since they will have no resistance to them. Given this and how hostile they are to the rest of the world I think just leaving them alone would be the best thing to do, although I'd love to know just why they are so aggresive towards outsiders. You'd have thought curiosity alone would have led to one non-violent encounter.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2018, 06:43:47 PM »

Hell, would you want to be a part of all this!  Buggedout

I saw on the news that a missionary over on some island near India -it was against the law. They warned him-'If you go there, they will kill you." And they did.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 07:32:05 PM »

Hell, would you want to be a part of all this!  Buggedout

I saw on the news that a missionary over on some island near India -it was against the law. They warned him-'If you go there, they will kill you." And they did.

Yeah, but according to what they told us in school that missionary died as a martyr, which means he's floating around Heaven happy as.... Wait, he was a Protestant, wasn't he? Nope, nope, straight to Hell. Zoom!

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 08:04:15 PM »

Maybe we could send fine christian Matt shea to preach to them that they must accept Christianity and submit to christian law or all tneir males will be killed and their women and property taken as spoils of just and righteous war under biblical law.

https://thinkprogress.org/washington-state-lawmaker-matt-shea-biblical-basis-for-war-1675753b0bc8/

Things like this are why i'm OK with those "xenophobic savages"  using this guy for a pin cushion.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 08:14:09 PM »

Maybe we could send fine christian Matt shea to preach to them that they must accept Christianity and submit to christian law or all tneir males will be killed and their women and property taken as spoils of just and righteous war under biblical law.

https://thinkprogress.org/washington-state-lawmaker-matt-shea-biblical-basis-for-war-1675753b0bc8/

Things like this are why i'm OK with those "xenophobic savages"  using this guy for a pin cushion.
I have this theory, the guano-crazzzy savages actually understand contagious disease theory, and they understand, as the suicidal thumper didn't, that by breathing in their general direction he might've wiped out their weak and pristine immune systems with his superior germ resistance and so that's why the lesser savages kilt 'im with their Geena Davis-like archery skills.

I'm all in favor of border defense, after all.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2018, 08:23:20 PM »

Umm, I read your link between Brit Floyd pledge breaks, Sven, and, yes, we should definitely send that man to the island. With you 100-percent. Maybe we could set up a direct flight there, parachute the right people down....? Just sayin'? Maybe make a reality series, Trevor or Indy might know some people to get it started? I'm sensing my kids' education getting paid for this way Who,-hoo, me likee these unclad savages!

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2018, 08:23:48 PM »

Historically yes,  euopreans evolved a stronger than normal immune system as a result of the black plague, and became resistant to many diseases that were  orevelant in europe and other peoples in other lands had little resistance ce too.

Smallpox devastated the indigenous populations of north america and Hawaii.

Maybe Christians think that native populations should be willing to accept plagues,  decimations and the annihilation of their culture and way of life as a fair price to lay to be brought under jesus' dominion,  I understand they may disagree.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2018, 08:26:05 PM »

Historically yes,  euopreans evolved a stronger than normal immune system as a result of the black plague, and became resistant to many diseases that were  orevelant in europe and other peoples in other lands had little resistance ce too.

Smallpox devastated the indigenous populations of north america and Hawaii.

Maybe Christians think that native populations should be willing to accept plagues,  decimations and the annihilation of their culture and way of life as a fair price to lay to be brought under jesus' dominion,  I understand they may disagree.

I know, man, as a European (sort of) I used to resent Asians for sending us the Black Death, but I got over it.

You shore do spend a lotta time talking about a God you say isn't real, man.

Eew, Brit Floyd's back on!

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2018, 08:41:04 PM »

f**k man. We 'civiliized' (and I'm sure I spelt that wrong) folks kill each other on a massive scale. I wouldn't wan't us stupid, crazy f**kers around either!
Dam! Just leave them the f**k alone!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2018, 08:49:55 PM »

Oh yeah- what's on your computer desk?
Mine- much the same as it was the day I posted this. With the addition of a M'm! M'm! Good! Soup mug.
I have whiskey and tea in it. Otherwise it's exactly the same.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 09:10:05 PM »

Mothballs. My computer room smells like mothballs. Because there are 3 old coat closets that smelled like old lady clothes when we moved in. The woman who sold it to us had it built in 1940.
But it has a large window right in back of me.  Smile
I got a chair next to the window so the cat can look outside.  Cheers

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2018, 09:31:05 PM »

I don't have a computer desk, exactly, but, well, on my work desk is....virtually nothing. Mostly a bare wood surface, no personal mementos, no Calvin and Hobbes tea mug, no drawings from my children, no mini TARDIS, no slim volume of Chesterton's poems or The Picture of Dorian Gray, no E.A. Poe bobblehead, no letter opener in the form of a Hello Kitty, nothing non-work related at all, just a work-only computer, a college-ruled paper notebook, some pens, some paper files and notes, a few sample flyers for an art show coming up in Krakow, that's about it, all as bland as vanilla in vanilla sauce, with vanilla sprinkles on a white plate under white light. I tend to be a carefully private person in my work environment and I think my desk reflects that.

Heck I tell more about myself in here in a random thought post than I do to those I work with for half a year or those living down the road from me.

Maybe 'cause they run away...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 09:44:07 PM »

All sorts of 57mm lens filters, but I can't seem to find any of my star filters...
And I still have the engine head to my '75 Honda Cb400f Supersport...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's on your computer desk right now? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.