Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:30:00 PM
714385 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Rest In Peace, President Bush « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Rest In Peace, President Bush  (Read 9305 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: December 01, 2018, 03:36:29 AM »

America's greatest living statesman is dead.  He was a product of a different age, in many ways a "kinder, gentler" age than the one we live in now.
The last World War II veteran to serve in the White House . . .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/george-hw-bush-41st-president-of-the-united-states-dies-at-94/ar-BBQkkGP?li=BBnb7Kz

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 10:53:01 AM »

He wasn't nearly as bad a President as people thought at the time. Was a better President than his son.

Helped manage the aftermath of the downfall of the Soviet Union so that chaos was minimized. Pushed for the reunification of Germany. Handled Saddam Hussein correctly.

Even liberals found something to praise: Americans with Disabilities Act, Clean Air act.

Whether you agreed with his decisions of not, he always acted with dignity.

R.I.P.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 11:30:15 AM »

When he was President he was visiting my city and while here he heard about a young man who was in a physical therapy center regaining use of his legs after being shot (as a bystander) in a fight at his school, and despite being on a tight schedule, President Bush threw a loop in things by spontaneously going to visit this teenager there. Talk about surprise visits! I always thought that was a nice thing for Mr. Bush to do.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 11:34:17 AM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 01:40:08 AM »

Obvious bait resisted.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 06:40:32 AM »

The world does not revolve around you. I'd be surprised if this hadn't been posted regardless of you.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 11:23:00 AM »

My favorite president, besides of Iraq incursion and New World Order gaffe

You forgot he was even there. he just did his job. I think thats why they didn't re elect him. His existence and success showed the entirety of politics as a parade of Dick Tracey villains who do "inspiration speeches" and create unnecesary conflicts to keep people from noticing their underlings stealing our $ via taxes and spending and debt.

our governor in MA Charlie Baker is a lot like him
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 12:40:50 PM »

I didn't care for his politics, but he seemed like a nice man.
Back in the 80's, the NWO thing gave me the creeps. But of course I was young and crazy and seeing snakes under every rock.
RIP President Bush.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:45:25 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 06:48:04 PM »

the most understated of all the recent presidents. A quality I happen to like. hows that for a revision
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 09:07:37 PM »

I think people drastically overreacted to the NWO statement, to be honest. It WAS a New World Order - the Cold War that had defined America's foreign policy for forty years was over, and a drastic realignment was taking place.  That is what he meant, nothing more.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 09:31:44 PM »

I think people drastically overreacted to the NWO statement, to be honest. It WAS a New World Order - the Cold War that had defined America's foreign policy for forty years was over, and a drastic realignment was taking place.  That is what he meant, nothing more.

Hey- let's be honest. It wasn't the best phrasing. The New World Order=Nazis for most folks.
Ya know, because Hitler coined the term....
Of course so did the WWF...and I don't think they were Nazi's or a secret Masonic sect.
But-like I said, at the time it freaked people out.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 09:34:18 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 09:09:41 AM »

Should Bush really have foreseen that conspiracy-theory whackjobs would take "New World Order" to mean the One World Government foretold in Revelation? At that time those people were marginalized, they weren't as loud and prominent as they are today. Alex Jones was not yet a household name.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 10:10:45 AM »

Wasn't there the same problem after JFK? In his day NWO was a common term for the Communist countires and conspiracy theorists have ran wild with the speech he made referencing them infiltrating US society a few days before his death.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 10:40:29 AM »

"Verily, nutjobs clad in tin foil hats shall be with thee always, unto the end of the age..."

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 11:31:05 AM »

It reflected a misunderstanding on his part. United States is republic, not an empire. the cold war was supposed to be the end of the worldwide military imprint, not a shift to a new one
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 12:01:42 PM »

It reflected a misunderstanding on his part. United States is republic, not an empire. the cold war was supposed to be the end of the worldwide military imprint, not a shift to a new one

Being one doesn't mean you can't be the other too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Rest In Peace, President Bush « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.