Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:18:20 AM
714544 Posts in 53100 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies with a message you DON'T LIKE « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies with a message you DON'T LIKE  (Read 5275 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: December 04, 2018, 09:41:23 PM »

THE POLAR EXPRESS (2004) It's on right now.  I can hear it.  There's a lot to like in that movie.  I hate it, mainly because of it's message, though it is overblown. 

PRETTY WOMAN (1990) The other movie made me think of this one.  There's a lot to like in this movie.  I don't. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 10:02:34 PM »

I didn't like that THE DARK KNIGHT showed how, during the boat scene with the prisoners and civilians deciding who should die with the bomb detonation and then choosing not to set off the bomb, they showed the Joker that not everyone is corruptible-- and then in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Bane corrupts everybody with a crazed terrorist speech ending with "Give Gotham to the people!" and they eat it up!  Pretty much the exact opposite moralizing from the previous film!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 11:12:42 PM »

Oh ghawd...  Did you ever just make me think of a horrible message movie...  Lookingup

"My son John".  One of,  if not the, worst commie panic movies of the 50's.

MSJ's horrible messages was "Don't you trust them fancy intee-lekthool types non!  They've all potential commies coz they do all that that fancy thinkin' an' they go to them fancy yooniversitees whar they learn all that fancy edyookayshun stuff an' it makes 'em think stuff instead o' jus' 'ceotin the BIBLE wiffout thinkin' like REEL 'murcans do! "

And I know peolle will attack me here's to them I say "watch the movie like I did before you tell me i'm wrong. " the whole messages about MSJ was that intellectual can't  be trusted because only intellectual fall for comyoonizm.

Here's a the wiki...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Son_John

An excerpt.

The New Yorker said the film advised the public to "cut out thinking, obey their superiors blindly, regard all political suspects as guilty without trial, revel in joy through strength, and pay more attention to football".[3]

It was particularly and sickening ironic that  a movie condemning intellectuals  as untrustworthy and dangerous was made while america was still riding it's post WW2 victory high,  a victory made possible by the efforts of true intellectual like Einstein,  Turing,  Oppenheimer,  etc.

Yes I hated this movie's message.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 01:54:29 AM »

Oh ghawd...  Did you ever just make me think of a horrible message movie...  Lookingup
"My son John".  One of,  if not the, worst commie panic movies of the 50's.
Yes I hated this movie's message.

MY SON JOHN ... Ech.  Could it be worse?  DEAN JAGGER movie.  And I'll answer my own question: yes. It also stars ROBERT WALKER just weeks away from his own death, in another creepy thankless role.  That movie is sh!t.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 02:21:50 AM »

When we see today's america falling far behind other nations in terms of math,  science,  engineers and scientists one has to wonder if movies like this helped contribute to that sorry state.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 02:28:05 AM »

Escape from LA.  The so called remake of The day the earth stood still. Both these movies tried to portray the destruction of human technology as a good thing.  Yeah,  right. Any idea how many people would be dead in a year from starvation, thirst,  disease,  cold,  lack of advanced medicine and medical care,  abscessed teeth,  ad infinitum?  THE VAST MAJORITY!!!!

Technology is not the problem,  the problem is profiteers keeping us from advancing our technology out of greed.

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 07:16:57 AM »

THE POLAR EXPRESS (2004) It's on right now.  I can hear it.  There's a lot to like in that movie.  I hate it, mainly because of it's message, though it is overblown. 

PRETTY WOMAN (1990) The other movie made me think of this one.  There's a lot to like in this movie.  I don't. 

Ever heard about the original script of Pretty Woman? I think it was even worst.  BounceGiggle

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 09:08:28 PM »

Mohagany starring Diana Ross. the message was like give up your dreams to be a good wife
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 11:31:00 AM »

I love The Wizard of Oz, but when Dorothy says "If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" I cringe a little.  Dorothy learns that no matter how harsh and dismal her life in Kansas (punctuated by b&w photography and desolate landscape) is, that is where she is meant to be and she should never desire or expect more from life.  I also find "A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others" very superficial.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 12:03:46 PM »

Disney's Little Mermaid. If you change you can get your prince charming.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 01:30:07 PM »

I love The Wizard of Oz, but when Dorothy says "If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" I cringe a little.  Dorothy learns that no matter how harsh and dismal her life in Kansas (punctuated by b&w photography and desolate landscape) is, that is where she is meant to be and she should never desire or expect more from life.  I also find "A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others" very superficial.

This is an excellent observation. Applauded.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2018, 11:51:27 PM »

I detest The Breakfast Club because it seems to subtly suggest replacing individuality with conformity is the path to acceptance. Horrible message. I say the dead float with the current and only the living can swim against the stream. Me, I like living.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 03:22:02 AM »

I detest The Breakfast Club because it seems to subtly suggest replacing individuality with conformity is the path to acceptance. Horrible message. I say the dead float with the current and only the living can swim against the stream. Me, I like living.

I had to applaud this even it was thru clenched teeth.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 03:30:04 AM »

50 shades of grey. Look, I have nothing against kinky sex but the idea that this guy could stalk this woman, break into her place, act like an obsessed fan of a movie star was just awful, but he had the magic word-Billionaire!- that made it all right.

If this guy were a regular working man he'd have likely ended up with a restraining order, but a billionaire can stalk someone, break into their place, etc and he's ok.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 01:13:35 PM »

PRETTY IN PINK (1986)  Put up with bullying, ignore the in-love-with-you best friend, and go for the obnoxious spoiled rich kid... I hated that message when it was new. 

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies with a message you DON'T LIKE « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.