Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:53:24 PM
714494 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bible Verse of the Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Author Topic: Bible Verse of the Day  (Read 44068 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2019, 08:50:51 PM »

It's odd how we can post about almost anything here from politics to sex drugs and rock and roll (even sometimes movies) but it's Bible verses that make the pot boil over.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2019, 09:57:17 PM »

I have a relative who is not heterosexual.  Often Christians call for people like him to be exterminated.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomite_Suppression_Act

Also when gays are murdered good Christians often take delight in it.

Recently  a christian politician published a guide for Christians to declare biblical based war and  murder people  like me who will not submit to their views.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/washington-state-legislator-circulates-proposal-on-exterminating-liberals

But heaven forbid anyone point out the flaws and horrible parts of Christianity because "Muh relijjus freedum! "

I see the religious right fighting tooth and claw to gain power in america to force their views in the rest of us.  So I oppose them.

Excuse me all to hell and back for being against people  who's goal in life is to murder me and other members of my family. I'm just so darn selfish 

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2019, 10:01:09 PM »

There's people who don't like a certain subject and go out of their way to provoke people. Don't lump those people with the millions/billions of other people who aren't part of that cult.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2019, 10:09:26 PM »

Not only are people who do that not good Christians, they're not good human beings. Nor are the gays who smear Bibles with excrement good humans either. Nor are Moslems who stone homosexuals. Two good rules to live by, Sven: do unto others as you would have them do unto you is one, the other is the Wiccan rule, an it harm no one, do as you will. I believe both of those are fine creeds.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2019, 10:17:44 PM »

Sven, I will be blunt - I have been a Christian since age 6; I grew up in the church, I've moved in church circles my whole life.
I have NEVER heard anyone call for violence against homosexuals.  I've heard homosexuality called a sin - the Bible does say it is that - but the same Bible also condemns greed, covetousness, adultery, sleeping around outside of marriage, and a host of other things.  But when Christ had a woman dragged before him caught in the act of adultery, his response was: "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

The people you rant about are a tiny, vicious, and rather un-Christian fringe of our faith.
Don't assume they represent us all, or even a majority - because they do NOT!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2019, 11:23:43 PM »

I have a relative who is not heterosexual.  Often Christians call for people like him to be exterminated.

Recently  a christian politician published a guide for Christians to declare biblical based war and  murder people  like me who will not submit to their views.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/washington-state-legislator-circulates-proposal-on-exterminating-liberals

But heaven forbid anyone point out the flaws and horrible parts of Christianity because "Muh relijjus freedum! "

I see the religious right fighting tooth and claw to gain power in america to force their views in the rest of us.  So I oppose them.

Excuse me all to hell and back for being against people  who's goal in life is to murder me and other members of my family. I'm just so darn selfish 

Honestly, Sven, it's bigotry to lump a couple billion Christians in with the worst elements of those who claim to be of the same faith. It's akin to showing some blackface Jim Crow-era "darkie" caricature and saying it represents all people of African descent.

Yeah, it's truly that bad.

Do something brave, like go meet real Christians. It might dispel some of the prejudices you carry.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2019, 10:12:18 AM »

I'm not a Christian, but you're really making me sympathize with them, Sven.

Picking out the most extreme proponents of any movement---be it Christianity, Islam, Republicans or Democrats---and pretending they represent the mainstream is not a persuasive argument. Every belief system has extremists who embarrass their own group.

I fear you're making atheists look intolerant and bad.

None of the Christians here support the Westboro Baptist Church view of their faith. They will be happy to join with you in condemning them if you don't approach it in a way that's insulting to them.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2019, 11:42:56 AM »

I have a relative who is not heterosexual.  Often Christians call for people like him to be exterminated.

Recently  a christian politician published a guide for Christians to declare biblical based war and  murder people  like me who will not submit to their views.

I see the religious right fighting tooth and claw to gain power in america to force their views in the rest of us.  So I oppose them.

Excuse me all to hell and back for being against people  who's goal in life is to murder me and other members of my family. I'm just so darn selfish  

Not really seeing anywhere on this thread (or in my time on this forum) where anyone has posted that gays should be killed. If you are going to hold every christian responsible for the views of the extremists, then shouldn't you equally be held responsible for the views of every extremist atheist and everything they have ever said and done? I have however seen posts from you saying that people should be killed for having different beliefs to you.

I've known of plenty of atheists who have been very anti-gay and have openly said things they should all be put up against a wall and shot, and yet I don't recall seeing you post anything about those kinds of people. Looks a lot more like you just have a problem with christians and do your best to pick fights with them. I'd even go as far to say that you come off as not really giving a s**t about the people you claim to support, you just want to be as obnoxious as possible and it is just a handy excuse for you to act the way you do. It isn't like you are putting up compelling arguments or intelligent discussions or anything. Just rants. And given you've said multiple times in here that there are various people you'd like to kill who don't agree with your views why should you be treated any different than any other extremist? You've described yourself as a liberal, but if you choose to talk like a fascist then that is how I'm going to see you.

And before you put in your usual thing about how you've tried other ways for years and now you are just going to act the way they do, that isn't a justification. It is an admission of failure. To be honest though, given your usual standard of debating I can understand why you have failed to change people's minds.

On the other hand, maybe I am just giving you too much credit and all you really are is a troll.

Either way, you seem to be causing more people to stand up and support christians than turn against them or away from their church. If you'd said nothing you'd have done your cause more good than your posts which quite often make trump's tweets seem like the finest utterings of Oscar Wilde.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2019, 04:25:26 PM »

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2019, 07:48:24 PM »

"Be not deceived, God is not mocked; whatsoever a man soweth, the same shall he reap." Gal. 6: 7-9 KJV

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2019, 10:43:35 PM »

Yes, that's a verse where the bible bites it's own tail. See, according to that a man who does good deeds for others and is kind thru life should be greeted in the afterlife with goodness and kindness.

The bible later claims that  those who do good and are kind go to hell and burn forever unless they're saved while even an evil person who is saved goes to heaven.

So, which is true?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2019, 11:23:33 PM »

Yes, that's a verse where the bible bites it's own tail. See, according to that a man who does good deeds for others and is kind thru life should be greeted in the afterlife with goodness and kindness.

The bible later claims that  those who do good and are kind go to hell and burn forever unless they're saved while even an evil person who is saved goes to heaven.

So, which is true?

Sven, I've heard those verses interpreted to refer to blessings in this life for the holy, heard it explained as a reference to the second judgment among the "saved" where there are rewards based on the deeds done in this life, and I've known Catholics to cite it as evidence that works factor into salvation alongside faith, but I've never known any Christian to say someone avoids Hell or merits Heaven by deeds alone. You're seldom going to get absolute agreement as to the precise meaning of Bible verses, but it does make sense that if there is a God it may be a good idea not to mock this being.   Smile

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2019, 09:26:14 AM »

Romans 12:10 "Be devoted one unto another in love. Love others above yourself."

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2019, 10:29:03 AM »

"He who loveth not knoweth not God, for God is love."  I John 4:8

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2019, 11:11:29 AM »

"He who loveth not knoweth not God, for God is love."  I John 4:8

I wonder if anyone has ever done a study to see if there is a provable correlation between being lonely and unloved and the resultant misery fueling a lack of faith in God? Eleanor Rigby went to church though, so I guess it's not that simple.

I've been lucky never to have been lonely in my life, and I think incurable loneliness is one of the most terrifying things I can think of. And saddest.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bible Verse of the Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.