Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:55:30 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 48
Author Topic: Things you just don't "get."  (Read 157935 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #345 on: May 31, 2019, 07:41:11 AM »

All the craze about The Beatles. It's amazing how it still holds to this day.

I mean, Lennon is nothing but a character, and the musical side of the band is complete garbage. TongueOut

Sorry, I'm the exact opposite. I don't get people who don't like the Beatles.  Cheers

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #346 on: May 31, 2019, 02:57:29 PM »

I mean, Lennon is nothing but a character, and the musical side of the band is complete garbage. TongueOut

Sorry, I'm the exact opposite. I don't get people who don't like the Beatles.  Cheers

The White Album is my religion, man!
Can you dig it?

« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 03:03:36 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #347 on: May 31, 2019, 03:18:50 PM »

People who don't understand that because they don't like something doesn't make it crap for everyone else.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #348 on: May 31, 2019, 03:20:58 PM »

People who don't understand that because they don't like something doesn't make it crap for everyone else.

I'm guilty of that with STAR WARS and the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW  alot.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 03:29:13 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #349 on: May 31, 2019, 03:26:53 PM »

I don't get why folks who drink wine or beer or vodka mixed with orange soda pop wonder why I only drink whiskey.
I ask them the same thing.   Drink

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #350 on: May 31, 2019, 05:12:54 PM »

I don't get why folks who drink wine or beer or vodka mixed with orange soda pop wonder why I only drink whiskey.

Jeez!
And I always thought it was kinda wimpy that I couldn't elevate past depth charges, no matter how strong I made them!
I guess it doesn't matter, seeing I never really built a tolerance either, & eventually quit........

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #351 on: May 31, 2019, 09:57:22 PM »

The first three original STAR WARS movies have been on and I've watched enough of each to remember them (I think they've been "tweeked"  Thumbdown)  
The first three movies were FUN nonsense.  Operative word: NONSENSE.  

I don't "get" the devotion to STAR WARS ... particularly the later movies.  
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 09:59:36 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #352 on: May 31, 2019, 10:01:49 PM »

I dig this because I'll drink anything except pop, vodka, and whiskey...

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #353 on: June 01, 2019, 12:48:50 AM »

The first three original STAR WARS movies have been on and I've watched enough of each to remember them (I think they've been "tweeked"  Thumbdown)  
The first three movies were FUN nonsense.  Operative word: NONSENSE.  

I don't "get" the devotion to STAR WARS ... particularly the later movies.  

Well, that could be said about lotsa movies. Before movies it was the wild west shows and the circus. And freak shows.
What that statement has to do with the price of eggs in China I don't know!  Question
WTF am I talking about...?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 12:55:12 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #354 on: June 02, 2019, 08:25:33 PM »

... Well, that could be said about lotsa movies. Before movies it was the wild west shows and the circus. And freak shows.
What that statement has to do with the price of eggs in China I don't know!  Question
WTF am I talking about...?
Exactly.  WTF are you talking about?   Question

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #355 on: June 02, 2019, 09:33:19 PM »

Sorry, I'm the exact opposite. I don't get people who don't like the Beatles.  Cheers

I really don't like the beatels or dislike them. There are a couple songs they did I like, mostly i'm just neutral on them.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #356 on: June 03, 2019, 10:02:58 AM »

The Beatles were a little "before my time" so although they have a few songs I enjoy and I respect their place in rock n roll history 'n' all that, they've never really been "my" thing.

I knew a guy in college who was an absolutely obsessed Beatle-maniac though. This dude took musical snobbery to a whole 'nother level. As far as he was concerned, the Beatles were the Alpha and the Omega of rock music. In this guy's world, everything that came before the Beatles sucked, and everything that came after the Beatles (except for the various members' solo works, of course) sucked too.

Thankfully I never had to share a dorm room with this person because I would've lasted about fifteen minutes before throwing the first punch.  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #357 on: June 03, 2019, 02:54:03 PM »

The Beatles were a little "before my time" so although they have a few songs I enjoy and I respect their place in rock n roll history 'n' all that, they've never really been "my" thing.

I knew a guy in college who was an absolutely obsessed Beatle-maniac though. This dude took musical snobbery to a whole 'nother level. As far as he was concerned, the Beatles were the Alpha and the Omega of rock music. In this guy's world, everything that came before the Beatles sucked, and everything that came after the Beatles (except for the various members' solo works, of course) sucked too.

Thankfully I never had to share a dorm room with this person because I would've lasted about fifteen minutes before throwing the first punch.  TeddyR
I get it.  I've always loved THE BEATLES but they are hardly the only act in Rock.  I love Rock BEFORE like LITTLE RICHARD and ELVIS.  I love contemporaneous like STONES and DYLAN.  And I love things since, like STOOGES and RAMONES but hardly all ex-Beatle output.  Snobbery in any form is stupid. 

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #358 on: June 04, 2019, 04:24:38 PM »

I have never gotten why the SA national cricket team - world beaters on any given day - always fail when it comes to the Cricket World Cup. They got their arses beaten by England yesterday!

Well, as I see it, it is never shameful to be beaten by the best, in most instances, and England or the U.K., as I like to think of them, are regarded by experts as having the best team participating in the Cup. What I think is shameful is that the U.S. does not have a team participating.

While cricket has not been an Olympic sport since 1900, where, of course, the U.K. took the gold, there is some talk of bringing it back to the Olympics sometime in the near future. Maybe South Africa will have better luck there.

You mentioned in a previous post that South Africa had so far played twice and lost twice. We know that one lost was to England or the U.K., to whom was the other lost?
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #359 on: June 05, 2019, 07:24:54 AM »

You mentioned in a previous post that South Africa had so far played twice and lost twice. We know that one lost was to England or the U.K., to whom was the other lost?

Bangladesh  Buggedout Buggedout and now it looks like we're going to get beaten by India too. 

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 48
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you just don't "get." « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.