Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:40:45 PM
714424 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DEATH WISH V (1994) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DEATH WISH V (1994)  (Read 3570 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: June 03, 2020, 07:56:37 PM »

I thought I'd seen all the DEATH WISH sequels, but apparently not this one (until now), and part 5 turned out to be more fun than the first 4 combined.

the acting and script is wooden in the best way. it manages to be casually racist, misogynist, fat-ist, and transvestite-ist in the first 15 minutes alone....also barely 20 minutes in, Paul Kersey has a 'profound' flashback sequence to stuff he said only 5 minutes earlier. the bad guy + henchmen are laughably over the top, and the entire film is determined to be ridiculous all the way through (a vibe I didn't get from the earlier entries). I especially enjoyed the 'death by remote-controlled football' scene.

I mostly wrote off the mid 90s as a source of so-bad-it's-good movies, but recently UNDER SIEGE 2 and now this have partly restored my faith.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 08:07:14 PM »

...I mostly wrote off the mid 90s as a source of so-bad-it's-good movies, but recently UNDER SIEGE 2 and now this have partly restored my faith.
That a movie can be so GOOD because it is so BAD ?

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 02:59:31 AM »

...I mostly wrote off the mid 90s as a source of so-bad-it's-good movies, but recently UNDER SIEGE 2 and now this have partly restored my faith.
That a movie can be so GOOD because it is so BAD ?

it's a radical new concept. trust me on this one...  Thumbup

Archivist

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 02:50:01 AM »

Interesting that you mention Under Siege 2, as Death Wish V looks like it was shot earlier. The style is much more like a late 80s to very early 90s look, whereas Under Siege 2 is more modern. The Death Wish movie that I truly enjoyed was III, I think that was when Paul acquired the 44 Automag.

As for so bad it's good movies from the mid 90s, here's 1995. Lotta cool stuff here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1995_films

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 03:35:12 AM »

UNDER SIEGE 2 is '95 so it probably was shot later... DEATH WISH V is '94 (although I noticed it said 1993 in the end credits). I know what you mean though, it feels more 80s. reminded me a bit of COBRA in places...

As for so bad it's good movies from the mid 90s, here's 1995. Lotta cool stuff here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1995_films

nice. the straight-to-dvd section throws up LEPRECHAUN 3 and WITCHBOARD 3: THE POSSESSION (don't think I've seen an entry in either of those franchises but they look pretty bad)

also the brilliantly named EXCESSIVE FORCE 2: FORCE ON FORCE.

edit - just grabbed all 3 on dvd for under a tenner. can't go wrong  :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 05:18:00 AM by zombie no.one » Logged

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 01:17:08 PM »

DW5 was shot in Canada on the cheap so the result looked like a made-for-TV movie. Still a fun watch though. Bronson was in his early 70s when it was made and he was still pretty badass!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 02:09:56 PM »

DW5 was shot in Canada on the cheap so the result looked like a made-for-TV movie. Still a fun watch though. Bronson was in his early 70s when it was made and he was still pretty badass!
yes I looked that up after watching. amazing that in his 70s he was still kicking ass...  didn't look it either.

btw in my first post I just realised I said: " it manages to be casually racist, misogynist, fat-ist, and transvestite-ist in the first 15 minutes alone".... I just want to point out that I do not think these are good things, but in the right kind of bad movie they can be plus points. not sure if it was worth me pointing that out but we live in hyper sensitive times atm.  Smile

pennywise37

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 12:10:14 AM »

Under Siege 2 was released in (1995) Death wish 5 was in (1994) i think? i've seen them all and some were better than others don't get me wrong but they are i think overrated. they are fun to watch sure the first one many call a classic is a decent movie granted but it's not a classic at least not to me,

and i like Bronson if you want a fun one to watch check out (1984)'s The Evil that Men Do' that's a fun one and one of his best. but what surprised me was i went in with pretty low expectations for the death wish remake and i ended up loving it. and i don't really like Eli Roth either but the remake i liked.

it felt to me like it had a lot more character development for one thing. i could be wrong i've only seen it i think once and it's really only after it hit and yes i still call it that Video.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 01:50:21 AM »

have to say I wasn't a fan of the remake...Bruce Willis looked and sounded bored throughout. It was more like some random straight-to-dvd Willis movie to me.

Neved heard of THE EVIL THAT MEN DO, will check it if I get a chance :)

btw LEPRECHAUN 3 arrived.... awful, just awful. glad I've finally seen one of them though, my curiosity is sated

pennywise37

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 06:52:48 PM »

Bronson is a hit and miss for me he did a lot of really bad ones. Cold Sweat (1970) that's a good one you can watch on you tube that's worth a watch too.

i've seen all of those movies i think but the last one from 2 years ago that didn't have Warwick Davis in it whom i've been a fan of since the (1988) film Willow came out. yeah those films are awful some are better than others but really the only reason to watch them at all is cause of Warwick Davis that's it.

he's good in really anything he's been in well that i've seen him in anyways
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 03:52:53 AM »

yeah I like Wawrick Davis. he had a comedy series/sitcom thing here called LIFE'S TOO SHORT. it kind of ran out of steam before it ended but he's a talented comic actor

not heard of COLD SWEAT either thanks for the rec... in fact the only non-DW Bronson starring roles I think I've seen were MR. MAJESTYK which I remember enjoying, and 10 TO MIDNIGHT which I thought was just okay

pennywise37

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2020, 01:48:52 PM »

i think i saw MR. MAJESTYK but not that long ago i watched 10 To Midnight and old one from (1983) but actually filmed in (1982)  and apparently if the trivia is righ on IMDB that's when he had work done on his face to appear younger. i dunno why you'd want to do it just for one role but whatever i guess, anyways yeah that was an okay movie. it left you wondering did he get arrested at the end of the film for killing him?

it wasn't Self Defense either. off the top of my head the ones i thought were were awful were, (1979)'s Love and Bullets, i also didn't like "Telfon' (1977)

or however it's spelled?  St. Ives (1976) i thought was terrible as well. The Sandpiper (1965) with Liz Taylor was simply awful. but one that is pretty good is (1961)'s Master of the world with the late and great Vincent Price
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DEATH WISH V (1994) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.