Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:10:13 AM
714505 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Terror in the Atomic Desert - Adventure Game Based on 1960s Monster Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Terror in the Atomic Desert - Adventure Game Based on 1960s Monster Movies  (Read 3248 times)
TensionSplice
Dedicated Viewer

« on: March 18, 2019, 10:13:29 PM »

Hi All,

I am currently working on developing a game inspired by 1950s/1960s monster movies (Think Robot Monster, Astro-Zombies, Eegah, Etc...) and figured I'd share my progress with you guys since B-movie affectionados are the intended audience. I think the most challenging part about developing something with this theme was trying to create something with engaging gameplay that was also true to the dull and plodding atmosphere that many of these movies had.

Anyways, here is the trailer, I'd be interested if anyone here had any feedback or suggestions:

Small | Large
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 11:25:47 PM »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Came_from_the_Desert

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pacman000
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 11:46:06 PM »

Good idea for a game, tho I don't think of most 50's/60's movies as dull.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 02:19:23 AM »

Are people playing as the monsters or trying to survive them?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
TensionSplice
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 06:21:36 PM »

Are people playing as the monsters or trying to survive them?

You are trying to survive them, though I would characterize it most as a puzzle game.
Pacman000
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 06:56:33 PM »

Do you play as a scientist trying to figure out how to stop the monster? Most of those movies had one or two.
TensionSplice
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 09:35:03 PM »

Do you play as a scientist trying to figure out how to stop the monster? Most of those movies had one or two.

You are trying to stop the mad scientist who is creating the monsters with knowledge that he obtained from the saucer-men.
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 08:47:34 PM »

Could be interesting.  When you call it an Adventure Game are you talking about a Point-And-Click style like Lucas Arts Monkey Island series or more of a 3D action series akin to Tomb Raider or Resident Evil?

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
TensionSplice
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 03:06:01 PM »

Could be interesting.  When you call it an Adventure Game are you talking about a Point-And-Click style like Lucas Arts Monkey Island series or more of a 3D action series akin to Tomb Raider or Resident Evil?

Closer to the first one (but in first person 3D). The focus in this game is on exploration and puzzle solving, you need to figure out what items to use in order to get by various obstacles, etc...

There are enemies in the game but there is no way to fight them (you can only avoid them or try to run away).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Terror in the Atomic Desert - Adventure Game Based on 1960s Monster Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.