Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:58:53 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When Bad Directors Make Good Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: When Bad Directors Make Good Movies  (Read 10269 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2019, 11:13:57 AM »

My least fave SA filmmaker has yet to make a good film.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2019, 11:43:49 AM »

there is one film i thought was bad that  most people seem to love and that's Taxi Driver that film i have seen it a few times and tried to like it but it just isn't i think one of his best, not as bad as boxcar bertha which is his worst film that i've seen anyways. i mean Taxi Driver has it's moments but i dunno i just never got why people love that one but to each their own,

i suppose it's about the same way some people don't like the lord of the ring films even when they love the books is about how i feel about Taxi driver.

as for Peter Jackson i enjoy his films but i haven't seen them all yet sadly.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2019, 06:01:39 AM »

Peter Jackson's sole good film is Bad Taste

Sorry, disagree. I didn't like BAD TASTE. DEAD-ALIVE is vastly superior.

Heavenly Creatures (1994) is even better  Smile

Why is Peterr Jackson even listed? wtf?

I agree, and I think LOTR series is the best. But Bob clearly doesn't like PJ for whatever reason. So it seems to me if you don't like PJ but you like BAD TASTE, you should love DEAD-ALIVE, which is the same kind of thing only turned up to 11.

I love DEAD-ALIVE but really hated BAD TASTE when I first saw it (when it came out on VHS in the early 90s). Maybe I'd like it better now. But I liked DEAD-ALIVE from the get-go.

I'd say his worst may be MEET THE FEEBLES, which is well done in its way, but just so reprehensible.
I actually liked BAD TASTE much more than DEAD-ALIVE. The latter is good but it lacks a coherent plot, it's just zombies running around and gore all over the place. BAD TASTE at least has some kind of story behind it, as ridiculous it is.

I do have to say that the "I kick arse for the Lord!" scene is probably one of the best ever put on screen. Everyone in the world should see that.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2019, 07:49:14 PM »

I really like Bride of the Monster directed by Ed Wood, and not in a hilariously funny bad sort of way

it's was his only film where he had something close to a decent budget and he did a pretty good job

octopus not moving when it's attacking people not withstanding, this is pretty damn impressive

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
pennywise37

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2019, 11:41:37 PM »

i've  only seen Plan 9 of his films and i just haven't gotten around to watch his other films weather he directed them or not
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2019, 12:33:36 PM »

I would say the first Star Wars film is a good movie made by a bad director.

I agree 100%
voltron

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2019, 05:28:16 AM »

much as I appreciate/enjoy a lot of his work, I'd say Lucio Fulci is probably a 'bad' director, overall... However LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN is pretty close to being a bona fide 'good' movie, IMO
To me, Fulci's most well known stuff for instance - Zombie, The Beyond, House By The Cemetary, - it's not my thing. His giallos - Don't Torture A Duckling and Seven Notes In Black were astoundingly awesome to me. I saw New York Ripper and I f**king LOVED it! Typical Fulci taking on the American slasher? I couldn't believe it. I can't remember having such a blast seeing a movie in such a long time.
btw, I even enjoyed Cat In The Brain. Go figure lol.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 05:30:26 AM by voltron » Logged

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2019, 12:58:23 PM »

I think Gregg Araki is a terrible, pretentious director. But THE MYSTERIOUS SKIN is an incredibly moving drama about how two kids respond to a childhood trauma in very different ways.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When Bad Directors Make Good Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.