Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:52:40 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  AVENGERS: ENDGAME for newbs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AVENGERS: ENDGAME for newbs  (Read 3169 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« on: April 25, 2019, 11:34:51 AM »

So, I haven't seen any AVENGERS movie since the first one (which honestly I thought was just OK).

Will I be able to understand waht's going on in the new one? What would I have to watch to catch up?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 12:17:05 PM »

I'd watch Infinity War just to set the scene. Although the films have developed the story over the past decade I am pretty sure you could step in at pretty much any point and follow it. The stories aren't that complex.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 12:52:16 PM »

I'd watch Infinity War just to set the scene. Although the films have developed the story over the past decade I am pretty sure you could step in at pretty much any point and follow it. The stories aren't that complex.

Thanks! I was afraid I would need to see 20 films to know all the new characters and developments.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 04:09:50 PM »

I dunno...I din't like the last one at all. Hulk AND Captain America wer'e flunkies.
I hope Capt.America and the Hulk have big parts.
If not, I'm done, man.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 05:09:51 PM »

https://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-movies-to-watch-before-avengers-endgame/

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 05:14:26 PM »

See, that's what I was afraid of. I've seen a couple of those but no way I'm watching ANT MAN. I just can't do it.

JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 03:03:17 PM »

See, that's what I was afraid of. I've seen a couple of those but no way I'm watching ANT MAN. I just can't do it.

Honestly, I think just reading the info that they list in the article, combined with watching Infinity War is REALLY all you need to do...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 03:24:04 PM »

Honestly, I think just reading the info that they list in the article, combined with watching Infinity War is REALLY all you need to do...

That's my plan, especially since I see Disney has not yet yanked INFINITY WAR from Netflix.

Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 09:54:27 PM »

I've watched just about every MCU movie as they came out in the cinema, with the exceptions of Ant-Man and Wasp, Captain Marvel and Guardians 1 and 2. Work got in the way. But having seen Endgame, there is no way that you would truly appreciate the movie and what they have done with all the characters if you haven't seen pivotal movies like Iron Man, Captain America, Guardians and the Avengers movies. Throw in Black Panther for good measure.

There's just so much emotional buildup and closure that you get in Endgame that is simply not there if you haven't seen the main movies of the series. Seeing Endgame without at least six or seven movies is denying yourself a really great experience. Yes, you can kind of pick up what is going on, but that's not the point. There are so many little touches and scenes that hearken back to earlier movies that these will be lost to the viewer who hasn't seen them.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/19/18311689/avengers-endgame-how-to-stream-marvel-movie-marathon-netflix-amazon

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2019, 10:41:26 PM »

I've seen a handful of them, many out of order, but I'm not investing hundreds of dollars and 50+ hours to understand every reference, nuance and easter egg.

I just saw INFINITY WAR. I didn't know a bunch of the characters or plot points but I got it well enough. Bad guy goes after MacGuffin, heroes tell wisecracks, everybody brawls.

I'm not emotionally invested in any characters in the MCU, they're all kind of interchangeable to me. I still enjoy them well enough.

Archivist

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 03:21:13 AM »

You could do what this guy did. Binge watch all the movies over 35 days and then watch Endgame. Now that's dedication. I kind of wish I did that before watching Endgame, even though I've seen almost all of them already.

https://www.cnet.com/news/avengers-endgame-i-binged-every-marvel-movie-i-regret-nothing/

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 05:49:08 PM »

You could do what this guy did. Binge watch all the movies over 35 days and then watch Endgame. Now that's dedication. I kind of wish I did that before watching Endgame, even though I've seen almost all of them already.

https://www.cnet.com/news/avengers-endgame-i-binged-every-marvel-movie-i-regret-nothing/

My friend and his wife went to a local cinema and watched 22 MCU movies over a 3-day period, culminating with ENDGAME. They were interviewed by CNN and a local Boston news channel and were on TV both times. I would have done it if they showed the movies over a weekend, but I couldn't justify taking 3 days off from work to do it. Plus, I have all the 3-D blu-rays at home. But the big-screen marathon would have been great.     

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Archivist

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 07:56:52 PM »

My friend and his wife went to a local cinema and watched 22 MCU movies over a 3-day period, culminating with ENDGAME. They were interviewed by CNN and a local Boston news channel and were on TV both times. I would have done it if they showed the movies over a weekend, but I couldn't justify taking 3 days off from work to do it. Plus, I have all the 3-D blu-rays at home. But the big-screen marathon would have been great.     

I did this on the leadup to the opening day of The Dark Knight Rises. Three movies back to back, ending in the wee hours of the morning. It was an emotional experience that deeply impacted me, even though I had seen Batman Begins and The Dark Knight many times before. I saw connections and closures that I'd never seen before, and the whole day/night was like a real emotional journey.

As I said before, watching all 21 MCU movies and then Endgame in the cinema is an experience that is unlikely to occur again in our lifetime, perhaps except the Harry Potter films for those who like them.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  AVENGERS: ENDGAME for newbs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.