Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:44:02 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your favorite local ethnic eateries! Let the mouthwatering begin! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your favorite local ethnic eateries! Let the mouthwatering begin!  (Read 2417 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« on: May 10, 2019, 11:55:01 PM »

Hey folks!
What's your favorite local Italian/Mexican/Thai/Chinese/Japanese/etc. restaurants?  Show pictures of some choice dishes if you can. 
I used to have a great Chinese restaurant near me that was probably 40 some years old and just recently went under-- they're turning it into a CHICK-FIL-A of all places!  Boo!

So for now this is gonna have to do as my favorite Chinese place, and it is pretty damn good: YEN'S, in Tigard OR.  I'm taking my mom for Mother's Day lunch there.  Great dishes all around.
Yummy pork noodles, great Won Ton Soup, delicious Chow Mein, etc.  Some places have dry BBQ pork but theirs is just perfect. 

Azteca is just a couple miles from me, and has very good Mexican.  I love their Arroz Con Pollo:

That's it for me for now; what do you got?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 12:09:52 AM »

No photo's just now, but my favourite place in Lossiemouth is an Italian eatery called Guidi's. I can recommend the wild mushroom risotto. They also do a pretty good surf and turf.

If we travel into Elgin, it has a number of good place to eat although I must confess my favourite is a burger van that sits outside one of the local supermarkets. They do an awesome pork and apple burger (but then I am a fan of greasy spoon cusine).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 12:17:26 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Bushma

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 09:59:03 AM »

I can't figure out how to get a URL from google photos but a local mexican store has some great food.  I'll get their pork tacos and the shrimp ceviche.
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x54950c3b58432ea3%3A0x8a17967fe4132abc!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4s%2Fmaps%2Fplace%2Fsan%2Bfrancisco%2Bmarket%2Bbeaverton%2F%4045.4759026%2C-122.8012722%2C3a%2C75y%2C220.64h%2C90t%2Fdata%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211stSinY_BQZECQ_y3UhqajmQ*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x54950c3b58432ea3%3A0x8a17967fe4132abc%3Fsa%3DX!5ssan%20francisco%20market%20beaverton%20-%20Google%20Search!15sCAQ&imagekey=!1e2!2stSinY_BQZECQ_y3UhqajmQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj99tiV3pPiAhWSu54KHf7qAtYQpx8wD3oECA4QCw

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 11:00:10 AM »

I often go to East Boston for lunch after I drop people off at the airport. yesterday I went to El Palmar. It was 3 or so but the only lights they had were green and red and there were those little laser disco lights on my face as I ate. can't really see from the picture here

across the street is some El Chalan which is the peruvian charcoal rotisserie place

heres a quarter chicken with fried yuca, which taste like french fries

claws
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 01:45:38 PM »

In our town we have Asian, Greek, Italian and Indian eateries but the food is average at best. The Indian place is more of a delivery / fast food / mini restaurant hybrid only offering the basics, and their curries all taste the same except for different toppings. Strangely enough they also offer Italian style pizza and pasta dishes and German standard "cuisine" (schnitzel). The Greek place is notorious for being expensive and serving small portions, and the Asian restaurant took a hit in quality over the years.

We also have seven or eight Doner kebab places, and they seem more popular in our town. You can get a decent doner platter with fries or rice or doner sandwich at any of those places, though prices might differ. We used to have a "hole-in-the-wall" doner place who made some of the best doners ever, but the owner quit the business a few years ago. I was crushed  Bluesad
316zombie
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 05:16:54 PM »

can't post pics, but i'll try to post websites with pics!

the  world's best friend chicken AND onion rings are at chicken mary's in pittsburg ,kansas, here's the yelp page-https://www.yelp.com/biz/chicken-marys-pittsburg

for mexican food, you will never beat los banditos in green bay wisconsin. the original store is closed now, i was one of their first customers! - http://www.losbanditoswest.com/

for italian, there's no place like my old home town! lorenzo's in  middleboro massachusetts.-https://lorenzos.net/dinner-menu

craving good  bbq? guy&mae's tavern in williamsburg kansas.  it's worth the drice, it's worth the wait, and it's worth the smoky amosphere! -https://www.travelks.com/things-to-do/attractions/guy-maes-tavern-williamsburg/

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:33:36 PM by chefzombie » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 10:05:52 PM »

There usta be a Mexican place in Lawrence that served some of the best food I ever ate in my life. I can't recall the name now (this was back in the 80's).
The staff could barely speak English-all the food was fantastic. They had a hot green salsa that was the BEST. And HOT! hot

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 02:46:09 AM »

I'm a non-fussy eater so I go to Wimpy - established in 1967 here - when I'm hungry.

Their double up breakfast: eggs, bacon, sausage, toast and a drink are worth it.

Now I'm hungry.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 08:18:02 PM »

Bandeja Paisa at ... some colombian place in the hood last night

in retrospect, it need some hot sauce for the steak and I would have had them chop up the chicharrone (bacon looking thing)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 09:14:08 PM »

There's a fantastic Hawaiian barbecue-type place about 4 miles from me, over by the movie cinemas:
L&L Hawaiian BBQ in Beaverton, OR. 
Their chicken katsu-- which is slices of deep-fried chicken-- is fantastic!  Tons of it and with plenty of rice and teriyaki sauce I am a happy, happy guy.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your favorite local ethnic eateries! Let the mouthwatering begin! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.