Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:31:10 AM
714508 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bare bones DVDs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bare bones DVDs  (Read 2905 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 11, 2019, 08:15:55 AM »

I've got a DVD of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 which is so "bare bones", it doesn't even have a menu, the film just starts.  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 08:53:05 AM »

Got a few that start without a menu, but if you stop the movie it jumps to one, but I don't think I have any completely without one. Congratulations on finding an oddity Trev.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 09:25:24 AM »

That is barebones.  I don't think I've ran into one that didn't even have a menu before. 
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 10:28:01 AM »

my DVD of CHOPPING MALL has no menu either... the film just automatically starts, and when it gets to the end it loops and starts back at the beginning again.

it's the "VI" (video international) release.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 10:31:30 AM »

my pet hates are 'scene select', 'trailer', 'stills' and 'director/actor biographies' (written as text) being described as 'bonus features'...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 10:33:39 AM by zombie no.one » Logged

dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 11:13:43 AM »

The version of Blood Orgy of The She-Devils included in the Ted V. Mikels collection has no menu then just starts. When it got to the end my DVD player just shut off. I have another version of that movie with director’s commentary but have yet to watch it.

For something that still has at least somewhat of a fan base I’m surprised Pirates of Dark Water only has a really bare bones DVD release. Actually I think it is DVD-R. It was put out by Warned Bros and has a menu that is just a generic Warner Bros  background. Even the art work for the DVD case looks like it was cheaply printed.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 11:33:19 AM »

my pet hates are 'scene select', 'trailer', 'stills' and 'director/actor biographies' (written as text) being described as 'bonus features'...
Agreed completely. 

I don't care much for the DVDs that have trailers for completely unrelated movies either.  At least give me something in the same genre. 
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 06:36:45 PM »

I'm sure I even had one where the lone special feature was an 'interactive menu',  and the menu itself just had one option of 'play movie'... pretty desperate stuff!

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 08:46:30 PM »

My sister owns a Harry Potter Blu-Ray collection that does the exact same thing. All eight discs just play automatically.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 05:33:21 PM »

You want bare bones? I bought a copy of SECRET AGENT SUPER DRAGON from Something Weird and the final 1 or 2 reels of the movie were missing.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 11:26:33 PM »

I had a dredd-punisher DVD that was like this.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 01:09:41 AM »

Got a few that start without a menu, but if you stop the movie it jumps to one, but I don't think I have any completely without one. Congratulations on finding an oddity Trev.

It's this Australian import:

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 11:25:28 AM »

Another bare bones story (kind of). I just finished the VideoAsia release Tales of Voodoo Volume 4. The first movie had a menu, but when i flipped the disc over for the second part of the movie it just immediately started playing. Yep, no menu there. Even more interesting the movie was called Cannibal Curse, but the title card of the movie on the disc was just Curse. Unless the symbols above it mean Cannibal (it is a Hong Kong movie).

Also, I was a little surprised of the content of the movie. I know Hong Kong in the 1980s produced some erotica, but from what I can tell this was purely promoted as a horror movie. However there are a ton of bewbs in it! At one point there is even a full frontal nude scene though at least on my version the lower regions are centered by a big white dot. I really wish they had shot that scene differently as it took me out of the movie. In general the movie was pretty crappy though so not a big loss there.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bare bones DVDs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.