Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:30:03 PM
714528 Posts in 53099 Topics by 7745 Members
Latest Member: Documentkgh
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Bloody Pit of Horror (1965) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Bloody Pit of Horror (1965)  (Read 2429 times)
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 13, 2019, 02:48:33 PM »

I love this movie so much. It is tough to imagine watching it on anything other than a budget release since it just feels right that way. I was curious though as I saw Something Weird put out a special edition I think all the way back in 2000. Is that version any good? Do they clean up the picture at all?
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 03:42:04 PM »

Is this the one with the yutz in the red hoodie,  cape and tights who called himself "the crimson executioner"?  Oh man did I love seeing him get it in the end..

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 04:09:23 PM »

I like it. funny and dorky. there aren't too many films from the 60s which I enjoy in a 'bad movie' kind of way, but this is one

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
dcj2112
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 04:28:56 PM »

Is this the one with the yutz in the red hoodie,  cape and tights who called himself "the crimson executioner"?  Oh man did I love seeing him get it in the end..

Yep, this is exactly it! Also, with how much he says, "The Crimson Executioner" you could make a good drinking game out of it.

I like it. funny and dorky. there aren't too many films from the 60s which I enjoy in a 'bad movie' kind of way, but this is one

I actually think the 1960's are a gold mine for bad movies! I'm curious what period you like watching bad movies from?

In general I tend to love the period of 1957-1993. for movies in general. I say 1957 because that is when the early Hammer Horror movies came out and I love those, but the early 1960s are such a fun period. Men mostly wearing business suits and getting hammered like its not a big real. Just that whole Twilight Zone era! As to why I end it at 1993 I REALLY love the 1980s and until 1993 you get a handful of films that still have that 1980's vibe. Once you get to 1994 everything is pretty much distinctly 1990s.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 05:45:57 PM »

As to why I end it at 1993 I REALLY love the 1980s and until 1993 you get a handful of films that still have that 1980's vibe. Once you get to 1994 everything is pretty much distinctly 1990s.
I do agree with this. literally right up to about 1993 with films like for example TICKS is where I tend to draw the line. after that films seemed to lose the ability to be enjoyably bad somehow.
 (RETURN TO SAVAGE BEACH from '98 being one of the very few later exceptions I can think of - oh yeah and THE ROOM)

but the mid 70s seems to be my jump off point for bad movies that I'm interested in though.  films from the 50s and before don't tend to do anything for me  (whether they're 'bad' or otherwise) and I'm not really sure why.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
pennywise37

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 02:36:23 AM »

i guess i'm the only one who thought it was awful and it's a shame as i had really high expectations for it too
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 03:14:52 AM »

One of the best bad movies ever made!

Take a drink every time he screams "the Crimson Executioner!" and you'll be hammered half way into the movie.

" I am the Crimson Executioner!"
That's Mickey Hargitay-Jayne Mansfield's husband!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 03:18:21 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 05:29:20 PM »

i really wanted to like it to cause of how much love this film gets and because it was the 1st film i saw with Olivia Benson's Father for those who watch SVU
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 11:06:50 AM »

jim carrey level over the top performance
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Bloody Pit of Horror (1965) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.