Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:53:53 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Christopher Lee Dracula film. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Whats your favorite Lee Dracula movie?
HORROR OF DRACULA (1958) - 1 (12.5%)
DRACULA,PRINCE OF DARKNESS (1966) - 1 (12.5%)
DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE (1968) - 3 (37.5%)
COUNT DRACULA (1970) - 0 (0%)
TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA (1970) - 1 (12.5%)
SCARS OF DRACULA (1970) - 0 (0%)
DRACULA AD 1972 (1972) - 2 (25%)
the SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA (1973) - 0 (0%)
DRACULA, FATHER AND SON (1976) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Favorite Christopher Lee Dracula film.  (Read 8790 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 11:55:01 AM »

I haven't seen any of the Hammer movies. I know, I deserve to die.

To be honest, I never actually cared for the character of Dracula; vampires in general seem boring to me. But, I am planning in watching these movies some day because they have Christopher Lee, a man I always admired and find extremely interesting.
I could feel nothing but respect for a guy who kept playing power metal at the age of 93. He was the only person in the whole Lord of the Rings crew that actually met Tolkien FFS! And singed with Rhapsody, my favorite band of all time! He was a secret agent! A secret agent!

What a guy.

If you haven't seen a Hammer movie  I would say that IMIO the best hammer movie was "quatermass and the pit" from 1967.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
pennywise37

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2019, 02:29:13 PM »

i dunno about that one i haven't seen it,  i also dunno what my favorite Lee Dracula film is, i've seen them all but one Dracula A.D. 1972.  i dunno what the best one is but the worst one for me is The Vampire Lovers WOW is that one bad. 
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 02:59:57 PM »

BTW it's  not a Dracula film and not a hammer film, but for a pretty good Christopher Lee move try "horror express".

There are some nifty facts abniut this movie you should know.

It was peter cushing's first movie after his wife died. He was very despondent over her death and his friend Christopher Lee convinced him to do the movie as a way of getting out of his despair.

While it looks like a hammer movie it's  actually not.

The movie was based on the SF novella "who goes there? " by John W. Campbell, the same story "the thing" movies we're based on. It was the second movie based on the story, the first being Howard hawkes' version of the thing.

The movie began when a screenwriter bought a movie prop at an auction, it was the model train used in the movie "Nicholas and Alexandra". He was so impressed by the movie and the model he bought it at auction and wrote two Movies featuring trains based on the model.  The second film was Pancho Villa. Both movies used the same train interior sets. To make his movie seem more impressive he claimed the model was built for them,  later he admitted the truth.

The movie was filmed without sound,  all voices and effects we're dubbed in later.

Not a big success a first the movie lapsed into public Domains and got showed on a lot of TV, where it earned a cult following.

The move was later remastered and cleaned up to a very high quality and is available freely.

It features a haunting,  eerie tune in its theme music that is used frequent thru  the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOE5JcUd1RQ

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 02:24:37 AM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 04:03:58 PM »

i dunno about that one i haven't seen it,  i also dunno what my favorite Lee Dracula film is, i've seen them all but one Dracula A.D. 1972.  i dunno what the best one is but the worst one for me is The Vampire Lovers WOW is that one bad. 

the VAMPIRE LOVERS (1970) is actually my favorite!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 12:30:07 AM »

really? i borrowed the VHS from a friend who has since passed away actually, and it was the worst at that time Hammer film i had ever seen, i dunno if i'd consider it the worst of them all to be fair cause i haven't seen all the hammer films. but if you love it i'm glad you do i just watched it for 2 reasons 1. Hammer and 2 Peter Cushing has a bit part in it.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 02:22:45 AM »

really? i borrowed the VHS from a friend who has since passed away actually, and it was the worst at that time Hammer film i had ever seen, i dunno if i'd consider it the worst of them all to be fair cause i haven't seen all the hammer films. but if you love it i'm glad you do i just watched it for 2 reasons 1. Hammer and 2 Peter Cushing has a bit part in it.

And it had Ingrid Pitt!  Thumbup
And lesbian vampires!  Drink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pennywise37

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2019, 04:16:59 AM »

yes it does i'm not complaining about that, but i don't judge a film weather it's got nudity or not , for example Monster Ball that (2001) film with Halle Berry is really awful film but her nude scene was the only good thing about it.

least i think so.  a favorite of mine is the last one they did in the 70's "To The Devil A Daughter and oldie from (1976) funny how the film is great than you get to Lee's Death Scene and it's simply awful of what they came up with, wasn't it Prince of Darkness the i believe 3rd Dracula film where they were going to kill him one way but that film had already done it.  even Lee later said the ending was a letdown.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2019, 04:55:03 AM »

yes it does i'm not complaining about that, but i don't judge a film weather it's got nudity or not
It's not about nudity- It's about Ingrid Pitt- who is fantastic. She's scary, but you feel sorry for her too.
Plus she's a lesbian vampire.
To be serious, I found the VAMPIRE LOVERS was a weird erotic fairy tale movie. I enjoyed it very much.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 04:58:06 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pennywise37

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2019, 06:48:42 AM »

oh i'm not cracking on you enjoying it at all my friend, i'm glad you did and she was the only really good thing about it well that and Peter Cushing in a nothing role if i can recall. i believe it's the 1st film hammer ever put Nudity in. i think it was also the 1st lesbian vampire film as well and it's got a huge cult following if i'm not mistaken. now if you want to see an actor who's done a lot of movies look up Michael Ripper i mean wow did he do a lot of movies.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 01:06:41 PM »

yes it does i'm not complaining about that, but i don't judge a film weather it's got nudity or not
It's not about nudity- It's about Ingrid Pitt- who is fantastic. She's scary, but you feel sorry for her too.
To be serious, I found the VAMPIRE LOVERS was a weird erotic fairy tale movie. I enjoyed it very much.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you liked "life force" too.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2019, 05:57:54 PM »

No, I did not.

The VAMPIRE LOVERS was also not the first lesbian vampire movie either. I reckon BLOOD AND ROSES (1960) was. Both films were based on Le Fanu's 1872 story 'Carmilla'. If ya wanna be picky about it, it can be arrgued that DRACULA'S DAUGHTER (1936) was the first lesbian vampire movie...but that's subjective.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:00:53 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2019, 06:10:48 PM »

…………..I've actually never seen one

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2019, 07:12:14 PM »

No, I did not.

The VAMPIRE LOVERS was also not the first lesbian vampire movie either. I reckon BLOOD AND ROSES (1960) was. Both films were based on Le Fanu's 1872 story 'Carmilla'. If ya wanna be picky about it, it can be arrgued that DRACULA'S DAUGHTER (1936) was the first lesbian vampire movie...but that's subjective.

I dunno,  drac's daughter didn't seem sexually interested in women, she just saw them as a food source. I mean is a vampire even capable of sexual activity?

pennywise37

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2019, 08:48:19 PM »

some might say that when drinking blood is considered sexual. i dunno how many of you read Anne Rice if you like her or hate her. i love her work not all of it but her Vampire stuff i love. in Queen of The Damned though it's really not that great of a book that was a nothing movie too. anyways in the book sex to her vampires is drinking each others blood it's not the normal way we would do it but it's their sex and so there's scenes in the book with the queen drinking Lestat's blood in various parts of the book.

the entire book isn't just them drinking each other's blood either. but in the book as in the film The Queen is clearly attracted to Lestat and it's if i recall his system or something is immune to her blood or something. cause those who drank from her if she was killed they died to but not Lestat he was different i haven't read the book hell in years i think i read i when i was in my 20's i'm 40 now so that's how long it's been.

when you have a sub par movie based on a sub par book it's not going to be as good as the First novel. Queen is actually the 3rd in the series and i haven't gotten around to read the 4th book yet i dunno why i just haven't.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2019, 11:47:13 PM »

I dunno,  drac's daughter didn't seem sexually interested in women, she just saw them as a food source. I mean is a vampire even capable of sexual activity?

No, according to ANNE RICE

However, the vampire's kiss has been compared with all kinds of wasting diseases, and sexuality has long been an aspect of vampire lore... like the incubus and the succubus.  Sex = death is an old trope. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Christopher Lee Dracula film. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.