Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:14:10 PM
714528 Posts in 53099 Topics by 7745 Members
Latest Member: Documentkgh
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hideous « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hideous  (Read 4191 times)
chainsaw midget
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 12, 2019, 08:16:56 AM »

I'm curious as to how many people have saw this. 

Hideous is a Full Moon movie, so right off the bat, you know already know a lot about it. 

It's got mediocre actors, bland camera work, and a great location.  Small stop motion things run around killing people.  The design of the stop motion things is great, but they don't actually look too good in motion. 

Now beside the generics of every Full Moon picture out of the way, Hideous is a bizarre movie.  It's about people who collect unique biological specimens (for example, super deformed human babies/fetuses.)  One collector uses his evil henchwoman to rob another collector.  A private detective gets hired, and everybody gets trapped in the castle this man owns when one of those specimens is revealed to be alive and brings the others to life. 

The henchwoman has an odd personality even for Full Moon movie and wears a vest but never wears a shirt.  When she goes out to rob the other guy, she wears a gorilla mask, and no shirt at all, but still keeps her unique looking leather skirt. 

The also never bother explaining what the lead mutant actually is.  If he was just some sort of phycic deformed thing, that would work, but they fish him out of the septic system in a sewage plant where it's been underwater for a long time, then it's placed in a jar filled with formaldehyde not only is it still alive through out all of this, but it is able to bring the other deformities to life.  Nobody even wonders how it does this or how it's alive.   

Kinda Bizarre.

Something about Full Moon movies always makes me feel slightly disappointed, like the people making them could do better but don't feel like putting in the effort. 
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 08:23:18 AM »

Full Moon was my jam through the 90's.  You could always count on them to deliver the bad movie goods: Blood, Beasts, and Breasts!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
316zombie
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 02:15:31 PM »

HUGE fan of all things charles band, but yeah, especially the full moon movies. i really need to start recollecting them, i sold my whole collection of them about 6 years ago to avoid going bankrupt. didn't work, but i made a collector friend on ebay VERY happy, lol!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 04:08:44 PM »

This is one I appear to have missed during the 80's. Will have to look out for a copy.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 05:31:16 PM »

i love Charlie Band movies and this actually is one of the better ones in fact. this is from i want to say (1997) not the 80's by the way Alex.  they've put a lot of them on blu-ray so check that out on amazon i do have a few on blu-ray not this one though the ones i blu-ray i own are Puppetmaster 1-3 with part 1 signed by Band Himself and than there's  the 1st Subspecies film as well.

that's it cause his films are hard to find in stores. on dvd they are easier to find but on blu-ray they are harder to find for some reason.
316zombie
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 01:55:03 PM »

charles used to have a website where movies were sold, i'll see if i can find it again.
pennywise37

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 02:38:37 PM »

he's also got a streaming website too, from what i understand about the guy he's one greedy mofo Corman isn't greedy like Band is, Corman is a really damn good businessman from what i hear and Band what he used to do is back in the Paramount Days he'd ask for a Budget for say Puppetmaster 3 to throw a random movie

out there and he'd say he wants $10,000 from them but than he'd overspend on the film i don't think he did this with every film though and Paramount got wind of this and from my understanding is that is when they broke contact with him. it's a shame too cause them actually having a budget of sorts actually did help his films.

he also from what i hear is terrible to work for which is why certain people like Tim Thommerson don't work with him anymore last i heard and i dunno if they have made up but than he did have a cameo in Evil Bong he owed Thomerson some money actually.   so maybe by than he finally paid him i dunno
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 04:17:02 PM »

Damn, none of the streaming services I have, have that one on them and I am not signing up to another one.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 10:30:15 PM »

okay, i won't waste my time on any more searching then, penny.
pennywise37

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 12:18:10 AM »

have you tried you tube if you want Hideous!  here it is  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn3ByScSvp8
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 09:24:36 AM »

have you tried you tube if you want Hideous!  here it is  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn3ByScSvp8

Alas, that video seems to be in Spanish (I am guessing it is Spanish anyway).

pennywise37

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 09:28:52 AM »

not it's not actually i opened it before i posted it check it out
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 10:35:55 AM »

Checked again, defo not english.

pennywise37

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019, 02:54:43 PM »

sorry about that here try this one https://openloadmovies.watch/hideous/
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2019, 01:30:00 PM »

I shall give it a watch now then. :)

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hideous « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.