Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:44:59 PM
715654 Posts in 53150 Topics by 7766 Members
Latest Member: Epiphonecbc
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best And Worst Roger Corman Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Best And Worst Roger Corman Movies  (Read 25096 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2019, 06:34:53 PM »

My favorite would be IT CONQUERED THE WORLD (1956).-Cool monsters, Lee Van Cleef, Beverly Garland and Peter Graves! And Dick MIller too!
 Worst- GASSSS! (1970)-post nuke hippie movie. Stupid as a box of rocks.

I've heard of tbast movie, RC. I could never bring myself to watch it. Thanks for taking the bullet for me.  Wink

It's real pretenous too. Tries to be deep and hip...just ends up boring and dumb as a doorknob.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 07:31:27 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2019, 07:06:26 PM »

Again, thanks for validating my decision to about that stinker. (Didja see what I did there?)

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
pennywise37

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 12:23:20 AM »

instead of saying to yourself it's that bad cause i'm just going by guesswork as i haven't seen it in awhile, it's not bad actually, but if others thinks it stinks why not watch the MSTK3000 episode of it than? they did do a couple of Corman movies on there if my memory is right.

as for Best, (1962)'s Tales Of Terror'

Worst (1997)'s Knocking On Death's Door that one if my memory is right has David Carradine in it. i haven't seen that one in years but wow is that one bad
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 07:49:59 AM »

Best:

The Day the World Ended(1956)
Not Of This Earth(1957)
Tales Of Terror(1962)
Dementia 13(1963)
The Haunted Palace(1963)
Masque Of the Red Death(1964)
Queen Of Blood(1966)
Piranha(1978)
Humanoids From the Deep(1980)
Frankenstein Unbound(1990)

Worst:

Beast With A Million Eyes(1955)
Teenage Caveman(1958)
The Wasp Woman(1959)
Last Woman On Earth(1960)
The Terror(1963)

Creature From the Haunted Sea(1960)
pennywise37

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 08:57:42 PM »

some of those i disagree with and some i agree with, for starters, on your best, leaving out my talk about The Day the world ended i already spoke about that one.
well Not of this earth for me is among his worst, Dementia 13 i thought it was bad but than to be fair i haven't seen that one in years i need to revist that one to be honest i also have that on VHS as well.

Queen of Blood is another one i thought was awful and i love Mario Bava but not that one, Humanoids from the deep i think is a decent one to be fair. also Frankenstein unbound as well is decent.  i have that on VHS as well.

with your worst the ones i love or liked i enjoy Teenage Caveman for what it is, not a movie i love but if you want a bad version of that film watch the remake holy cow is that one awful. the rest i agree with.

i don't love Piranha it's just not among my favorites that's all oddly i think the remake from (1995) is better. i think it's really only because i saw it 1st before the Original.

let's say his Best for me i'm to lazy to list them all lol are for this round are i think is (1960)"s  Little shop of horrors i also love the remake as well.

his worst though someone said this one already i haven't (1970)"s Gas...sss  or whatever the title is, that is curiously a film that i think sucks really mainly because it was  submitted to the boys at AIP and instead of releasing it the way Roger Corman wanted it they made the version they wanted out and so their version sucks.  much like their version of The Trip really is awful and it makes you wonder if both films were actually a bit better before they got into the hands of Sam Arkoff and James H. Nicholson
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 10:16:35 PM »

If you like Mario bava you must see "planet of the vampires".

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2019, 11:13:11 PM »

If you like Mario bava you must see "planet of the vampires".

Bava had nothing to do with QUEEN OF BLOOD whatsoever. Parts of it were taken from the film PLANETA BUR (1962) aka PLANET OF STORMS, which is a very good Russian sci- fi film, with all the Basil Rathbone and space vampire stuff added in later.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 03:53:51 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pennywise37

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2019, 11:25:18 PM »

planet of the vampires was the one i was thinking of actually and i have seen that one i didn't like that one either. both that film and this one i thought stunk but if you guys like them that's fine i'm glad those films have an audience. wasn't it Kill baby kill he did? that was brilliant if i'm thinking of the right film.

and Black Sunday was brilliant as well but not the US version which isn't the one i watched but the European cut of if which is the one i watched
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2019, 11:28:37 PM »

Of his early work, the DAY THE WORLD ENDED (1956), with it's goofy 3 eyed monster was lots of fun. I quite enjoyed NOT OF THIS EARTH, with Paul Birch as the white-eyed space vampire.
I'm not including things he produced- that's too much to sort, with quality going out the window depending on who directed what. DEATHRACE 2000 was fantastic, but Paul Bartel directed that one. So when you have drek like DEATHSPORT, directed by Alan Arkush (who's only half way good movie is ROCK AND ROLL HIGH SCHOOL), you get s**t.
I liked most of his Poe stuff, and I'm glad he gave some good directors and actors (ie. Coppola, Nicholson) they're first break, but mostly he was just another B-film maker grinding out whatever sold at the time.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 11:32:37 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 11:29:40 PM »

planet of the vampires was the one i was thinking of actually and i have seen that one i didn't like that one either. both that film and this one i thought stunk but if you guys like them that's fine i'm glad those films have an audience. wasn't it Kill baby kill he did? that was brilliant if i'm thinking of the right film.

and Black Sunday was brilliant as well but not the US version which isn't the one i watched but the European cut of if which is the one i watched

KILL,BABY,KILL was one of Bava's best, IMHO.  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2019, 12:00:39 AM »

Of his early work, the DAY THE WORLD ENDED (1956), with it's goofy 3 eyed monster was lots of fun. I quite enjoyed NOT OF THIS EARTH, with Paul Birch as the white-eyed space vampire.
I'm not including things he produced- that's too much to sort, with quality going out the window depending on who directed what. DEATHRACE 2000 was fantastic, but Paul Bartel directed that one. So when you have drek like DEATHSPORT, directed by Alan Arkush (who's only half way good movie is ROCK AND ROLL HIGH SCHOOL), you get s**t.
I liked most of his Poe stuff, and I'm glad he gave some good directors and actors (ie. Coppola, Nicholson) they're first break, but mostly he was just another B-film maker grinding out whatever sold at the time.

You know James Cameron got his first break on corman's "galaxy of terror"?

Also it was one of Robert Englund's first roles.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2019, 12:04:21 AM »

You know James Cameron got his first break on corman's "galaxy of terror"?

Also it was one of Robert Englund's first roles.

His best work! His only good work, at that...

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pennywise37

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2019, 02:34:11 AM »

actually Robert England started films in the early 70's i think. James Cameron's 1st film that he worked on wasn't Galaxy of Terror it was Battle Beyond the stars he came up with the look of that spaceship they use actually. Robert England actually looking it up was in the (1976) version of A Star is Born and funny thing i saw him talk about it in an interview a few months ago when i was watching stuff on you tube, and he said that Kris Kristofferson actually broke his nose in that film

which is why his nose today is a bit off that's why. that's what he said anyways. as for Corman i'm counting stuff he produced cause there are a lot of gems in there such as Rock N roll High school i just love that film.

i haven't seen Galaxy of terror yet, but on the set of that the only thing Cameron says that he did was he made maggots move by electrocuting them.

when Cameron started there he was doing Models which is how he came up with the design for battle beyond the stars.

here's another Bad one 'The Lady in Red  another old one from (1979)  looking it up his wife produced that one and it's i think pretty bad but some may like it and that's fine.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2019, 03:24:24 AM »

Pennywise, galaxy of terror is a good movie,  but...

It has an extremely controversial scene in it. There's no easy way to describe it,  so i'll just say it.

A woman is attacked,  stripped naked and raped to death by a giant maggot.

Yes, it happened.

pennywise37

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2019, 04:25:12 PM »

oh i've seen the scene they play it on "Corman's World' that came out (2011) i want to say check that one out my friend it's great, you saw have Jack Nicholson no joke cry in it on how much he loves Corman cause he gives total props to the man cause he knows that without him he'd have no career. i give props for Jack crying because i get the feeling that he's not the kind of guy that does that often.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best And Worst Roger Corman Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.